• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

With this years July 4th holiday in the US is on a Wed, I am thinking about starting the Invasions Wed AM US Time ... and invasions then continue through Sunday night.

The negatives here are people will have less time to restock, and harvesters/mixers might be impacted in there play if they don't feel like going after invas.

#2 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:23 AM

Yes, yes, yes

#3 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:23 AM

Ok by me:)

#4 Jandor

Jandor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:24 AM

Sounds good!

#5 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

Yes please!

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

That's a hell of a long invasion for only a 1/5- 1/4 of the games pop.

I probably won't log in much for that. Find the really long invasions get repetitive and boring, and shows how little variation we have in the invasions a lot of the time.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

View Postbutler, on 02 July 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

That's a hell of a long invasion for only a 1/5- 1/4 of the games pop.

I probably won't log in much for that. Find the really long invasions get repetitive and boring, and shows how little variation we have in the invasions a lot of the time.
I never said it would be a long invasion ... just that the time frame for running invasions would start Wed morning US time. You can participate as little or as much as you want to. Even with a longer time frame the plan isn't to make them any nastier then normal, this will not be a mini hellweek.

#8 Abra

Abra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Perfect i had plans for fourth of July weekend now i still get to invasion

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostAbra, on 02 July 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Perfect i had plans for fourth of July weekend now i still get to invasion
There have actually been discussions if the last weekend or next weekend should have been considered the proper weekend. But Wed thru the next weekend and the major event is Wed night for people in the US, so it makes more sense to look at Wed thru Sunday.

#10 NiNi

NiNi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

I still have work Thursday Friday so I wouldn't be around until after 7pm EST but I don't mind the invasion going straight through to the weekend :)

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

View PostNiNi, on 02 July 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

I still have work Thursday Friday so I wouldn't be around until after 7pm EST but I don't mind the invasion going straight through to the weekend Posted Image
You'll at least have a chance to join in during the Evenings.

The biggest reason I decided to post this was also to give a heads up to people about it, to either be oreoared to avoid or participate as they desire since a long invasions time frame like this is non-standard.

#12 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

eh, it's just annoying trying to harvest or such on weekends (to me) if I just want to semi afk do so because of mobs dropping on heads. Just 2 days (excluding any time on monday spent dealing with leftovers) for doing harving/mixing annoys me, personally, so i'll be just offline for the entire week so i don't need to bother with that shit.

Also mildly annoys me it's always US holidays, even when there are groups like canada pretty much the same size as 'muricans in game (so 6-9 people :P)

Enjoy people.

#13 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:13 AM

That's fine butler, no one person's presence is required or  participation.Posted Image

#14 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

View Postbutler, on 03 July 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Also mildly annoys me it's always US holidays, even when there are groups like canada pretty much the same size as 'muricans in game (so 6-9 people :P)

While I don't like the negative vibes... Mr Chris Paul has a good point here :P it sucks enough being GMT -8 and missing out on peak invasion times.  I realize that we don't have an IM currently to cater to people like me, who bridge the time in between late night america and early morning UK.  

Regardless.. We should recognize and celebrate international holidays.  They could become a basis for some cool events if you ask me.  Woulda loved to see some red/white critters yesterday for Canada Day :D

#15 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, i'm making no attempt to hide that i'm being a bit grumpy (also not brain addled enough to think any specific needed to participate, or even play).

Just gets annoying that Canada Day was ignored, we could do something little for ANZAC day for utuk and codux. Do we just do the US ones because L's murican and there's like a religious fevour around the flag, anthem and sundry in the US compared to anywhere else. I don't know, I'm mildly fed up.

I am also still annoyed there aren't maps that you just *know* won't be invaded so you can safely just go about you harving business, and not needing the 100% at the pc without risking a surprise invasion on top of you (which happens enough whilst fightings them).

I'm a bit cynical atm, I know. Bit burnt out by the people brown nosing. Fuck it, I'll just enjoy being a cynic and a critic, at least i'll point out issues, even if they ain't big.

God i'm burnt out atm. Sorry.

#16 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

Just do them in Alroth and everyone is happy.

Also, I’d like to see Ramadan event or Sacrifice Bairam event too. :D

edit# in Ramadan event, game should be in feasting day for 29 days tho which would suck lmao.

#17 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostKaddy, on 04 July 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

Just do them in Alroth and everyone is happy.

Also, I’d like to see Ramadan event or Sacrifice Bairam event too. Posted Image

edit# in Ramadan event, game should be in feasting day for 29 days tho which would suck lmao.

Bloody love that XD

but yeah, you got a small community, a "large" portion of the game is what, 3-4 players. Might as well court and celebrate with the players their national holidays even if they are small.

I mean the UK only really has bank hollidays, sometimes they line up with US days, but when you go "well it's a bank holliday there" we all know full well it's just you want to celebrate a god damn murica day with your farenheit, your fear of the letter u after o and various other things (this is a joke rant, okay).

anyway still laughing about 29 days of day of feasting XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users