13 replies to this topic

#1 Dragoe

Dragoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMorristown,TN USA

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

I'm pretty sure im not the only one that would like to see high lvl bosses drops be buff its honestly the most annoying thing to spend the time clearing the horde and then fighting the boss then it drops like 2k or even 5k and you have to split that between anywhere from 3-8 players sure sometimes we get lucky and find mirror cloak serp stone elemental sword book and make alittle extra on the boss but that doesn't happen often for someone like me that makes all their gc off fighting mobs and bosses its honestly just a slap in the face for a big high lvl boss to not even cover resources used on it this needs fixed.

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

Already working on several things, including trying to account for the strength of the horde that was around the Boss, but that current has issues when a large number of weak mobs are around a boss, so trying to come up with alternatives. This way a Giganta surrounded by 100 GM's will have better drops then a Giganta surrounded by 100 spiders.

Other things are be worked on as well. What makes it complicated is the solutions have to be algorithmic since there isn't a fixed universe of Bosses.

#3 Dragoe

Dragoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMorristown,TN USA

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

Its good to know that something like that is being worked on been getting really agitated past couple of days because most of the bosses ive been involved with haven't paid for the supplies everyone used something for atleast a temp fix till you finish that would be very nice though in all honestity

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:45 AM

I would say even the base drop for something like giganta needs to be buffed. The Healer, the tank and each of the rangers generally spend (taken by themselves) equal to the amount of the drop. There just seems to be an incredibly shallow increase in drops with CL where it's almost neglible. There is also the issue that with some things like DL rings being so overpriced by the item list that you get 5 of those (rings that should be worth what, 300gc), you sometimes loose the equivalence of 5-8k in gc value because of those ring drops. Many of the weapons take a stupid amount of gc out of the final drop. I even think some of the crafting ingredients are overestimated in value (and though i appreciate them as drops), it's just the fact that the mob thinks it's dropping say, 25k worth of drops, when the actual market value is maybe closer to 8kgc.

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:22 AM

https://www.other-li...-value-of-items

To date I've had one attempt go send me a list, I ask for a change to it (it was actually 4 different sets of numbers ... the3y never updated and got back to me.

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:35 AM

The newest update to Boss Drops went live this morning. It's not intended to be a fix, but another step in the right direction.

* Intended to help the higher level Bosses more then the lower ones, but most changes can affect most bosses, but other factors end up limiting them on lower level Bosses
* Starting at CL 350, the higher the CL the more attempts to reach a drop goal are made. Tending to increase total drops in cases where the drop goal wasn't made in the past
* Starting with CL 350, a minimum number of drop tries was added that increases as CL increases. This allows additional rolls for drops even if the goal is reached, making it easier for high level Bosses to exceed their goal if they get lucky early on.
* Primary Bosses have their goal increased based on the CL of the horde the are in charge of. Combined with the other changes this means a higher level Boss in charge of a horde is more likely to get larger drops. The CL of the horde includes any secondary bosses. Secondary bosses do not gain this feature.
* Bosses with CL of 550 or higher have their chances for rare drops increased. In the past the improvements were at 500 & 600CL, not they are 500, 550, & 600 CL. Bosses way over 600 CL still benefit from more attempts, but not higher chances
* Bosses with extremely high Health have been adjusted so that CL (which includes health) now affect their drops more then Health. In the past very high Health mobs tended to get more GC, at the risk of lower other drops. The other changes combined with the shift towards CL means they are trading the excess GC for more chances for rare drops.

The overall effect of the changes together is that the higher a Bosses CL is, the more it will improve. Probably more noticeable at CL 400 & higher.  Low level bosses tend to exceed their goals, so most of the time these changes won't affect them.

#7 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

A good step in the right direction. Very nice work L, much appreciated

#8 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:13 AM

Drops are gooder for sure

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:07 PM

For those of you that think the changes were a reaction to this thread...

* the concept for this improvement has been in the work for a long
* several months ago some change went in that made it easier to implement
* data gathering on the proposed changes had been on Test for a couple months
* data gather had been on Main long enough to compare
* data gathered on Test & Main showed issues that were addressed
* was already being tuned so it could go live before this thread was posted
* not intended to be the final change, you change one thing and watch how things are, data gather is still active, IM's even can see summaries of the data to help ecaluate via their WebAccess (both Test & Main)

#10 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:51 AM

View Postohmygod, on 08 August 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

So what does it drop? More gold? More serpent swords or stones that you already have dozens?

#11 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:25 AM

View Postohmygod, on 08 August 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

C'mon man.."gooder"? Really? Surely you know comprehension..

#12 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:32 AM

yawn... wat?

No flames please you are boring me, how about you stick to macroing in silence, do you even play anymore or did you get banned?

@Kaddy, gc drops are better some rares does depend on the boss and its horde

#13 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:22 PM

View Postohmygod, on 15 August 2018 - 04:32 AM, said:

yawn... wat?

No flames please you are boring me, how about you stick to macroing in silence, do you even play anymore or did you get banned?

@Kaddy, gc drops are better some rares does depend on the boss and its horde
"no flames" but you literally are flaming right now Posted Image
Pretty hypocritical lmao

#14 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted Yesterday, 06:17 AM

*Sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users