• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

Today's Server Update includes many changes internally that should not affect how the game works, but there is a risk of oddities popping up. Could be even something as simple as some text not being the same color it had been in the past.

Please make sure you report anything you see thats changed that shouldn't have.

While this update doesn't bring anything new that will be used, the number of internal changes taking place required this to go live so when critical changes happen that it be easy to update Main. Test & Main have been badly out of sync for the last couple weeks. This update does take a major step forward in preparations for Perks, Quests, Invances, Smartmaps, & other things while reducing the resources & amount of code the game needs.

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

One bug found & fixed already that mangled God Ranks ... should be fixed now. please check which Gods you serve with #list_gods if you are paranoid.

#3 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

I notice that if i flee a mob after the normal def xp runs out and then reengage it the def xp does not restart. (Normal def xp not bonus def xp after the kill)

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

View Postohmygod, on 01 August 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I notice that if i flee a mob after the normal def xp runs out and then reengage it the def xp does not restart. (Normal def xp not bonus def xp after the kill)
Will take a look, but no change was intended in that area, but accidents do happen.

Update: so far I am seeing no difference on how those are handled. both att & def exp counters are handled the same and that part of the code hasn't been touched in ages.

#5 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:13 PM

Attack xp restarts just not def xp

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

View Postohmygod, on 01 August 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Attack xp restarts just not def xp
Thank you, a bug in EL combined with an enhancement made a while back in OL, not something recent either.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

Bug fixed where one player was getting both messages when trying to start a trade. Simple copy/paste error from the massive updates. Will be included in the next code update.

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:05 AM

View PostLearner, on 02 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Bug fixed where one player was getting both messages when trying to start a trade. Simple copy/paste error from the massive updates. Will be included in the next code update.
Fixed and on Main now.

#9 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

When clicking on the research ETA thing on new test client, the message says "You are not researching anything for the time being" even though the bar is at less than 100%

#10 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

Players Online page and Buddy List do not match. My Buddy list shows hal, skullpants, WaterBottle, Zian online and Makiltur.  

But Online Players 'DOES NOT' show Zian online.

Looks like buddy list is glitching.

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

From what I saw based on in channel, Zian had logged out, so for some reason you Buddy List didn't get the update or didn't handle it properly. Will look into it more.

#12 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:03 AM

looks as though i didnt test the def xp fix properly.

I note that after todays invasion, i have been able to check it better.

Previously I would get more def xp if a mob died and a new one stepped in. The def xp would start again for the new mob without having to flee a group of them.

Today i am noticing that the def xp stops after a certain period when fighting a group, no matter if a new mob has stepped in

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

View Postohmygod, on 04 August 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

looks as though i didnt test the def xp fix properly.

I note that after todays invasion, i have been able to check it better.

Previously I would get more def xp if a mob died and a new one stepped in. The def xp would start again for the new mob without having to flee a group of them.

Today i am noticing that the def xp stops after a certain period when fighting a group, no matter if a new mob has stepped in
Def exp in multi combat doesn't always clear just because a mob dies, you must make sure you flee and start combat fresh. If you are in multi, the other mobs around you will often prevent your def exp from resetting.

#14 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

Def exp in multi combat doesn't always clear just because a mob dies, you must make sure you flee and start combat fresh. If you are in multi, the other mobs around you will often prevent your def exp from resetting.
I hear what you are saying, but previously the new def xp came from mobs taking the place of the one you killed so def xp didnt stop at all if a horde was rolling over you.

N ow what happens is a new mob comes in and you get no def xp at all from it. So have to flee to reset the xp gain

#15 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2427 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:13 AM

View Postohmygod, on 04 August 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

I hear what you are saying, but previously the new def xp came from mobs taking the place of the one you killed so def xp didnt stop at all if a horde was rolling over you.

N ow what happens is a new mob comes in and you get no def xp at all from it. So have to flee to reset the xp gain
The issue is that the EL bug was looking at the mobs def exp counter not yours. Which meant with multiple people fighting the same mob the def exp would stop faster. Now it's paying attention to yours as it should have initially.

Of course that means that now you do have to flee totally as it should have been or have a break in multi combat, otherwise it's still the same combat session, no matter how many mobs on you constantly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users