• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jandor

Jandor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

Just an etiquette idea, other than butler, most of us all capitalize our names, maybe if we don't capitalize it we let other players know we are not watching the game, but if your name is capitalized then you are not afk.

#2 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:53 AM

A couple of clarifying questions:
  • Does this apply to just when harvesting or whenever we end up having to afk, we have to logout and log back in with lowercase names?
  • Are you using the term 'afk' in the proper definition of we are not at our computers, or in the more social definition that we're just not paying attention to the game but still are next to/on our computers? If we are just talking about doing this etiquette solely for harvesting, then I suppose this question doesn't matter unless people are bot harvesting.
Somewhat related, maybe the game could have our names italicized when we are inactive for X amount of time, whether that time is the AFK time setting that exists, or just another set value that we perhaps can't change in the settings, like 5 minutes. Or if that's not possible in the game, maybe we can apply that concept to the Web Access players online page?

#3 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

Warlock is my name, not warlock :P

#4 Deathrus

Deathrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTolleson,AZ

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:09 PM

it could be either

#5 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

If you wanna know if someones afk, just pm them.. wouldnt like how names are written to be changed.

#6 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostWarlock, on 05 September 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

If you wanna know if someones afk, just pm them.. wouldnt like how names are written to be changed.

Then in the context of having people around you like harv'ing, I also believe just saying their name in local chat would get the auto AFK PM response from them if they are set to AFK. At least I remember a few instances of that happening to me over time.

#7 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

I wouldn't like this, none of you have ever seen my name without capitals, I mean, eatsalllife looks like crap without it. So I'd say another 'trigger', but as stated above there is already the message. As if someone being AFK is a big issue. If they aren't there, they aren't there. Same as a phone. You can always be near it, but not on it. So you don't shut it off or set out a AFK indicator there, and you get back to people when you can.

Now, something that COULD be done in the name context, without changing capitalization and such. Is to just set a specific color, or particle on their name/char. Maybe have it be a faint green color when AFK, or set a particle near the name thats darker. But I'd stick to the color, and not particles. That could slow down some systems far too much. But I'd set this at the lowest priority possible, as really, it is not an issue, or anything. It realy doesn't matter a this time, and doesn't affect any gameplay. It could be left as well, as stated above, the message is there for a reason.

~Eats

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2448 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:42 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 08 September 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

I wouldn't like this, none of you have ever seen my name without capitals, I mean, eatsalllife looks like crap without it. So I'd say another 'trigger', but as stated above there is already the message. As if someone being AFK is a big issue. If they aren't there, they aren't there. Same as a phone. You can always be near it, but not on it. So you don't shut it off or set out a AFK indicator there, and you get back to people when you can.

Now, something that COULD be done in the name context, without changing capitalization and such. Is to just set a specific color, or particle on their name/char. Maybe have it be a faint green color when AFK, or set a particle near the name thats darker. But I'd stick to the color, and not particles. That could slow down some systems far too much. But I'd set this at the lowest priority possible, as really, it is not an issue, or anything. It realy doesn't matter a this time, and doesn't affect any gameplay. It could be left as well, as stated above, the message is there for a reason.

~Eats
Server doesn't know when a player is #afk, it is only your client that knows that and the client is what sends the afk notices.

#9 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:18 PM

no offence but I disagree..I would not like to have my name changed due to the sake of being afk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users