#1 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am sure that the rumors of the new event have reached most active players! So if you haven't been in game much and need an update here is our Introduction to the RTG...

Originally this started as a discussion between Codux and I about introducing a Experience Bonus event...the idea was that there would be no bosses and about 4 levels of difficulty where players must travel a route and at the completion of the route "Rewards for everyone!"
Unless you died...no restocking and no dying, leaving the map means you are out the event and will receive nothing.

Zian took it on as a project, inspired by the idea, he generated a full map with 10 different islands and I began to turn the initial spawns from Codux's idea into the real thing. Learner also got involved because initially there was no way to be able to add experience to a player without having to hard code it into the server. Learner has added code to enable Triggers, Variables and all sorts of good stuff that will be able to be reused in other events and in the future - Quests.

And now we have it....Easy, Medium and Hard RTG's are available (at the moment on Test server) but possibly Live if all goes well in the next week or two. We will be adding a Insane level which will need the input of experienced players.

The basic format is that the bridges between Islands are sort of safe areas and you and your team will have to clear each island to be able to continue to the next. There is a time limit for each difficulty and your goal is to clear the map and reach the Balcony.

There are some interesting surprises and rewards but I think that I won't go into those too much so you can enjoy the discovery.

Looking forward to getting this onto Main for everyone to try it out...

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2459 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

An additional Note: the bridge to the next Island can't be crossed until the current Island is cleared. Anyone running 1.9.5 will even see the bridge as missing until the current Island is cleared, the bridge appears, and a message is sent to the players. Any player using 1.9.3 will always see the bridge due to a bug in the 1.9.3 client.

Anyone still running the 1.9.3 client should consider strongly upgrading the the newest 1.9.5p2 client that is available for all platforms! In the future other maps will be using the enhanced features as well.

#3 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:41 AM

As with the DTF and MBC events, RTG is accessible via a door within the Event House located in WS.

Regards
Z

#4 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:17 PM

wow...I am actually so proud of you guys Posted Image

Will have to check it out..this has inspired me to kinda come back

#5 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

View PostCoduX, on 11 September 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

wow...I am actually so proud of you guys Posted Image

Will have to check it out..this has inspired me to kinda come back

For how many days i wonder... :D

#6 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:32 AM

The event has been added to Main!!! \o/ Posted Image

Easy - Medium - Hard. (The Insane level is still under-construction but will be available soon.)

I expect this weekend to be running it a few times at the different levels to gauge how well it goes in a Live environment! At this time there are no time limits on how often you attend but the time limit of 5 days will be implemented after this trail period.

This weekend I will also not be limiting who may attend which level. In the future though depending on how things work out, players of certain levels won't be allowed into other levels of the event.

I encourage everyone to try it and post your comments, suggestions and criticisms here...so that we can see if there are things that need adjustments.

#7 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

Very nice to hear. Thanks to all that assisted in making this a reality. :)

Oh man... wish I had more time so I could record people doing these events; always been on my agenda.

#8 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Looking forward to trying this new event out!  Does RTG require an IM to launch it?

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2459 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:53 AM

An IM launches it, after that it's fully automated. Once it's launched you have 5 minutes to get into the RTG Event waiting room and the Event sends you to the map when the time is up if you are in there.

#10 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

Too bad... are we able to utilize work done with triggers to make it so that a player can initiate?  My time zone and schedule doesn’t permit me to play when SAW is on :(

#11 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

I can set one to run at a certain time...you just need to tell me when that is...

#12 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:08 PM

Okay... I will try to organize a time with a team .... and get back to you...

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2459 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

View PostDueCE, on 21 September 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Okay... I will try to organize a time with a team .... and get back to you...
One issue is that currently it can't enforce minimum players, so if an RTG triggers, it may fail without enough people. part of the purpose for keeping an IM in the loop currently is making sure there is a change it can succeed and of the proper level. But, IM's do have the ability to fire off commands now to be run after a while or a later time, giving them flexibility.

#14 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

We need access to GOD, x amount of ppl give him some items, or something, which triggers it... otherwise its kinda nullified 'automation'

#15 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostWarlock, on 21 September 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

We need access to GOD, x amount of ppl give him some items, or something, which triggers it... otherwise its kinda nullified 'automation'

+1

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2459 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

RTG Easy - 20 plats
RTG Medium - 40 plats
RTG Hard - 75 Plats

#17 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:51 PM

View PostLearner, on 21 September 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

RTG Easy - 20 plats
RTG Medium - 40 plats
RTG Hard - 75 Plats
Sure, let me just go out to my money tree out the back and pick a few $20 off the branch

Also I feel that 5 minutes to get ready is not enough time notice, especially once it gets automated.
The amount of players that are online, especially for modes like hard and insane, you wouldn't ever be able to complete it without prior planning or been given a decent time frame. Also some players message people on other social platforms (text message, facebook, discord etc) letting them know that one is about to start.
Any chance to give a prior warning that it's about to start maybe 30 minutes time? That is enough time to get people ready or attempt to contact others that aren't currently online.

OR we could bypass all of this and just have set times on the server it automates.

#18 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:31 AM

This is the first runs on main...if your team has got preped and is ready to go, sitting in the waiting room for 5 min can seem pretty long...if you aren't ready and you suddenly see the message for RTG then 5 mins is barely enough...

But we can find a compromise...I can make a special RTG_delay trigger that will tell everyone "Hey there is going to be an RTG in 30mins time..." and then trigger the current start at the 25min mark that will give everyone the 5mins to get in. Then we can set up that longer trigger as an automatic one that runs two or three hours after I go to bed. If no players enter the event will eventually timeout and close on its own.

All fine with that?

#19 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:28 AM

View PostLearner, on 21 September 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

RTG Easy - 20 plats
RTG Medium - 40 plats
RTG Hard - 75 Plats

lol yeah I always thought you were less of a "dreamer" than that. But I was obviously wrong.

#20 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:08 AM

View PostSAWolf, on 22 September 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

This is the first runs on main...if your team has got preped and is ready to go, sitting in the waiting room for 5 min can seem pretty long...if you aren't ready and you suddenly see the message for RTG then 5 mins is barely enough...

But we can find a compromise...I can make a special RTG_delay trigger that will tell everyone "Hey there is going to be an RTG in 30mins time..." and then trigger the current start at the 25min mark that will give everyone the 5mins to get in. Then we can set up that longer trigger as an automatic one that runs two or three hours after I go to bed. If no players enter the event will eventually timeout and close on its own.

All fine with that?
Very happy with that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: event, rtg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users