13 replies to this topic

#1 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1126 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

Strange one this one, anything new I guess to add some life back into this game even if it out there

- Change OA level cap to 100
- Change the curve so it's easier to reach level 100 (also in skills as well)
- Once you reach level 100, you have the opportunity to 're-birth'

What is a re-birth?

Re-birth means that your OA reverts back to 0 again, so does your perk points (future) & pick points. However, you gain a permanent bonus to your character as the incentive to re-birth.

Possible bonuses could include;
- Extra perk points?
- Pick points?
- +(x) permanent level to a particular skill of your choosing?

For example after a rebirth, you could put +5 onto any skill of your choosing (can only put all 5 onto one skill, no splitting it up) you could put +5 onto your attack so if you got 100 attack again, your attack would really be 105.

Re-birth is purely optional, you do not have to do it, but it is an added incentive to restart and keep interest in the game

--> Maybe leave the +(x) for skills if you reach that skill to 100 is another option?
--> Would storage be wiped (except store bought items) or no?

At least this will give incentive to reach higher levels I guess rather than the usual slaving away for nothing

Dunno, fruit for thought or to lead to other suggestions or ideas

#2 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:00 AM

This is interesting. It's a well known thing that there is no endgame content in OL, but this would also address the secondary issue I believe in that people (e.g. IMs) shouldn't dictate/been expected to be present in order to provide the endgame content; they should handle doing special events to reduce the overall monotony of gameplay.

In regards to storage, you would almost have to keep it because there is nothing (that I can think of) that we could do to prevent trading out a sto, rebirth, then trade everything back. And that's kind of my biggest issue really.... if there isn't (an easy) way to wipe what a character has/had in storage at time of rebirth, I just think it's a huge advantage starting from a new character but having basically everything.

There are other things on my mind, but we can tackle those as we progress along in conversation,

#3 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

Have seen rebirths in a private SRO(Silkroad Online) server before, was fun for sure, and it kept the cycle of killing lower mobs alive. If this was to happen, wouldnt want any storage to wipe, it should literally just be a rebirth of your stats, with bigger bonuses on certain things like CoduX mentioned, could be accu, eva, crit to hit and a bunch of others whatever you choose, actual skills would be nice to add to that, but not +5 like timmy mentioned, maybe +2 or so, but that does depend on the exp curves really

#4 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

Now that I think about it, any new character today could be given resources by the community/a super nice person. At the very least, you could at least keep what you've collected on your own so I am less concerned about the storage issue. But I'll keep my stance that there's nothing we can do if people wanted to clear storages.

Next thing on my mind (to help keep conversation going)... I think the +X level bonus is more beneficial for a/d as it's desired to be as high as possible for invasions or DTF/MBC or whatever, but the level bonus may be seen as not as great a reward for non-a/d skills. After a certain point there's just nothing new to make and it turns into a matter of failure reduction, which I don't think makes it as worth it to rebirth. Open to suggestions for other bonuses for non-a/d skills, or if you disagree with that belief.

Obvious alternatives is very small boost to rare mixes, but I'm sure there are other ideas out there

#5 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

- For a/d skills, I would prefer the acc/eva/crit to hit, crit to damage etc as warlock stated, as the permanent bonuses rather than full skill
- For other skills for mixing, I like the increase rare %, maybe make it 2% each re-birth (just throwing a number out there that isn't too OP)
- For things like harvesting, could be a % increase chance on finding a stone?
- Ranging would be acc I'd assume
- Magic & summoning...not sure yet? suggestion?

I'm also all for gaining 1 perk point/pick point per re-birth. That's not too OP since it will would be quite difficult to reach 100 OA, considering nobody has still even reached that yet

For the storage part..I can see really the only logical option is that you'd be allowed to keep your storage and then again, I don't have a problem with that. You worked hard for your items, you should keep them

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2466 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:53 AM

I fell this is really two suggestions and should be handled as two discussions.

1. Exp needed for levels changed
2. Re-birth

Those two while the affect each other and are related to End-Game, one doesn't require the other.

For Rebirth, the server already supports X-attr bonuses that don't apply as part of the cap (but could be changed). Should be able to have certain stats in #arm to gain bonuses. Would have to look at skills though, a lot depends on how many places in the code those skills are referenced. Would also need to enhance the CL calc to account for bonuses that are added to #arm stats since only certain #arm stats affect CL. For example Crit is not part of CL, but if bonuses could be applied there then meybe it should.

As for item wipe, maybe default to no wipe, and optionally a player would wipe their items if they wanted more of a challenge. I could even see a pop-up Menu asking where to add a bonus and if an item wipe is desired.

One issue to be looked into is would the server remove them from their guild or not. Have to review the code related to a minimum guild level to see what problems it would cause. I suspect they would be able to stay in their current guild, but couldn't join a new guild until their level was high enough.

#7 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

I feel you Learner, that yes, this should be discussed as two separate discussions

However, I want to know how many people back this idea before getting down and dirty with an exp overhaul. If there is enough interest of support then I'm fine with breaking this thread into another two threads involving for the exp overhaul and the re-birth respectively.

Exp overhaul would be discussed first and sorted out, the the finer points of a re-birth can come after

As for the item wipe default to no wipe and having an option for an added challenge to wipe sounds sensible. I have no problem with that if that is what we are looking at. Pop-up menu would be awesome.

With the removal of said player from a guild, you've basically said what I feel should happen, no problem there except any possible glitches with the guild code for that

Please speak up if you have any concerns or disapprove of any of this Posted Image

#8 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:29 AM

If this thread is a matter of determining whether or not to be in favor of exploring the rebirth system and not go into the mechanics and technical details, then I am in favor.

#9 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:42 AM

I’m also in favour a reborn system.  A game called “Cronous Online” does something similar and I thought it was a good way to “recycle” low level content as warlock pointed out.  Exp curve definitely needs to be adjusted.

#10 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

If there is continued support for this idea, I will be glad to iron out more thorough details into fruitful discussion and suggestions with everyone

#11 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:51 AM

I am for the idea aswell, sounds like a great one.

As for exp curve, tbh current 90 level exp should be set to 100 level and enough to re-birth.

Why 90? Because it's hard enough to reach, but not that hard to take 5 fucking years lol.

Also for the item-wipe thing. We could add a bonus for wiping storage also. Like;

If you re-birth without storage wipe: +2 acc bonus
If you re-birth with      storage wipe: +3 acc bonus.

How does that sound?

#12 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2466 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:00 AM

View PostKaddy, on 19 September 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

As for exp curve, tbh current 90 level exp should be set to 100 level and enough to re-birth.

Why 90? Because it's hard enough to reach, but not that hard to take 5 fucking years lol.

Also for the item-wipe thing. We could add a bonus for wiping storage also. Like;

If you re-birth without storage wipe: +2 acc bonus
If you re-birth with   storage wipe: +3 acc bonus.

How does that sound?
A bonus for wiping storage doesn't sound reasonable, people will work around that just to get the extra bonus.

#13 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:52 AM

View PostKaddy, on 19 September 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

To be honest, that sounds pretty reasonable to me

But I will have to disagree with bonus stats for storage wipe, only because people can trade their sto to someone else, re-bith, then get it all traded back

#14 KrashedYou

KrashedYou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

Yes, I'm majorly in favor of the rebirth system.
I love the idea of both changing the geometric increase of exp needed for levels and the rebirths.

In other games, rebirths are used as a way to boost your character to level up faster than they did the first time around. Knowledge of spawns aside, maybe a boost in % of exp gained per action in addition to a stat increase to arm, acc, etc. Nothing game breaking at first, but would allow for the evolution of characters down the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users