• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 graveraven

graveraven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:27 AM

I've been talking with Warlock about bows and wondering why it's not craftable. I can understand why it would be a sink hole for GC, but if people want to try out range and think they would be able to enjoy it, wouldn't it be better to give them a taste if they can make their own bows at the start?

Just an example: 5 logs / branches + Thread = short bow at manufacturing level 10.

As the bows are so fragile from 1 hit from monsters, (Might as well call them glass bows at this point) why not have the possibility of players trying out with the basic bow, and if they like it, then they can buy the better bows later at some point.

Heck if you can add books to unlock new bows and being able to enchant them with elements, could end up with more variety of players than just fighters & mages.

#2 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

Talking about a skill that supposed to be worked on in last 6 years along with magic.

Yeah I am up for the idea.

#3 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:37 AM

I could probably see shortbows being manufacturable, but really they are cheap enough in shop and just not necessary to make them, and also the majority of times when people are ranging, its when most mobs have been cleared except for a boss or so, so not many times do they get 1shot broken

#4 pegasus

pegasus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:59 PM

I like the idea of being able to enchant the bow with different elements.Personally,I'd prefer the ability to craft arrows as they are definitely the biggest gold sink.

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2625 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

View Postpegasus, on 26 December 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

I like the idea of being able to enchant the bow with different elements.Personally,I'd prefer the ability to craft arrows as they are definitely the biggest gold sink.
Always good for the game to have good gold sinks!

#6 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:17 PM

craftable elemental arrows with high manu cost would be nice Posted Image

maybe decrease their stats slightly

#7 pegasus

pegasus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

Kind of like t he idea of craftable bows.like gravenraven said thread plus branches.l already have 6k thread.lf l became a logger I could open up my own bow shop

#8 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

xd

#9 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

You also got to make it a little challenging. Although the fail rate probably wouldn't be so high because a lot of people would have crafting 10+ so maybe make it 30+ for the failure rate. Also why not add more items to make it have little difficulty. Like hammers of course and needle for the thread.

I like idea of "Glass Bows" So I decided to make something like:

Iron Bows: Consists of Iron Bars to make
          ATK: +2 DEF: +1 ACC: +1 EMU: 5-10
Silver Bows: Consists of Silver Bars to make
          ATK: +4 DEF: -1  ACC: +2 EMU: 10
Titanium Bow: Consists of Titanium Bars to make
         ATK:  +6 DEF: +3 ACC: +4 Rad Pro: +1 Cold Pro: -2 EMU: 10-15

#10 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:45 AM

Off topic i know, but Range training in OL is the biggest gold sink as everything has to be bought unless you are lucky to get a boss drop some arrows. I think charging people extra gold to waste even more gc firing arrows is lol-able and the charge needs to be removed. Not that the clever people pay to enter the ranging arena anyway.

As to the suggestion for craftable bows, I cannot remember when the last time a new item has entered the game. Has any of the many new in game items that have been suggested on these forums ever been implemented?

#11 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:38 AM

Large pack the last new item? Apart from mobs?

#12 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

View Postohmygod, on 16 January 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

Off topic i know, but Range training in OL is the biggest gold sink as everything has to be bought unless you are lucky to get a boss drop some arrows. I think charging people extra gold to waste even more gc firing arrows is lol-able and the charge needs to be removed. Not that the clever people pay to enter the ranging arena anyway.

As to the suggestion for craftable bows, I cannot remember when the last time a new item has entered the game. Has any of the many new in game items that have been suggested on these forums ever been implemented?

Yes I do understand that it waste gold but wouldn't that mean that ppl can litterally stock up on millions of arrows if you drop the charges? I would say that you should get a chance to get more arrows or x3-5 the gold when ranging, because the server knows that you rang instead of melee so why not when giving the exp, after the mob count of mobs that you kill goes up by 1 it checks if you ranged and if you did, you get x3-5 the gc so you can buy more arrows if needed, and possibly drop the cost but not all the way.

#13 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

I was reading your siggy as it was being typed out live in game earlier today. The baby arachna i killed on my alt on the weekend dropped an arti cape and I was wondering what that one may have had poofed... : )

Back on topic...... The charge to enter the ranging arena should be dropped is what i was referring to not the price of arrows. I think it is 3500gc a pop to enter arena.

As to buying arrows that is a gold sink in itself. So removing the fee to get into the arena would encourage more people to waste arrows they purchase from NPC.

Crafting a bow really does not effect the gc-sinkability of range training too much imo I have only broken 1 elven bow since i started in game, however on the other hand it is not my weapon of choice for grind training or boss killing in OL yet, so really don't know the break factor for them if used on a daily basis.

Having something new in game is always a good idea and many good ideas have been suggested and discussed in the past . Not many make it to the main server though.

#14 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

View Postohmygod, on 21 January 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

I was reading your siggy as it was being typed out live in game earlier today. The baby arachna i killed on my alt on the weekend dropped an arti cape and I was wondering what that one may have had poofed... : )

Probably thermal serp+mirror+500k gc

#15 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

View PostWarlock, on 21 January 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 21 January 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

Probably thermal serp+mirror+500k gc

For Real!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users