15 replies to this topic

#1 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNorth of Québec

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

I was thinking about change in harvesting.

• Increasing harvesting speed (could increase by 5% every 10 levels of harvesting)

• Increasing number of stack you get based ib harvesting level (Excavator will still worth) (Exemple, at level 40, you are harvesting 2x more, at level 80 3x more, level 100 4x more) so i you are harvesting red snap dragon (base is 2) and u are lvl 60 you will harvest 4 red snap dragon so 8 red snap if wearing excavator cloak.

Harvesting is somehow boring, make it faster would make it more intersing, would be more focusing and making item than harvesting for day...weeks... Will help reducing the price of item and help the economy of OL

Let me know what your think about this.

#2 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

I haven't been playing OL as much as I once did in my younger days earlier this year... so I may be out of touch with the meta of these types of discussions. But often there has been a point of contention while discussing game 'acceleration':
  • Is this suggestion made because of the current state of players? Or, in other words, is the issue at hand an issue regardless of player base size.
I am not saying that the above is my biggest concern; but it goes a long way if you can convince people that the suggestion is one that won't need to be taken away or severely adjusted if the amount of players drastically changes (in this case, increase).

More specific to the topic, there is a suggested perk to increase harvesting speeds by X% that was among the list of perks to be implemented. I don't think we'd want to compound the enhancement; seems a bit much. So ultimately, the main thing here is the idea of increasing the number of item per harvest tick.

Of course I've rambled on without actually giving an opinion... because I haven't thought about it enough yet

#3 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

I have a concern with this, as a mixer I have always tried to keep my prices at a level where low level players can still compete.
My concern is that high level players can already harvest faster due to levels and carry more due to high EMU making it hard for lower players to compete already,.
Throw in a much increased harvest rate and the have/have not divide becomes even greater.
Dumping more resources into the game will not help the economy, it creates inflation, it is why we have Gold sinks to take out the surplus resources coming into the game.

Bat17

#4 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostWaterBottle, on 02 December 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

I haven't been playing OL as much as I once did in my younger days earlier this year... so I may be out of touch with the meta of these types of discussions. But often there has been a point of contention while discussing game 'acceleration':
  • Is this suggestion made because of the current state of players? Or, in other words, is the issue at hand an issue regardless of player base size.
I am not saying that the above is my biggest concern; but it goes a long way if you can convince people that the suggestion is one that won't need to be taken away or severely adjusted if the amount of players drastically changes (in this case, increase).

More specific to the topic, there is a suggested perk to increase harvesting speeds by X% that was among the list of perks to be implemented. I don't think we'd want to compound the enhancement; seems a bit much. So ultimately, the main thing here is the idea of increasing the number of item per harvest tick.

Of course I've rambled on without actually giving an opinion... because I haven't thought about it enough yet

to me perks are not a reference, harvesting is a pain to do it, most of people mostly do it when half afk...why not make it more attractive. and i could says the same for fighting perks... u already have cape and weapon why would you want fighting perks!? simple you want to kill faster, get more exp, more reward... i want the same for harvesting, most event are.....useless...5-10 gold wont make me rich...haresvting med....they break like crazy...

And yes i don't see why someone that spend more time harvesting couldnt get bonus that someone doesnt want to...

#5 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:19 PM

Also, i don't think events have to make us stop harvesting. That boring... Harvesting should have more events, (increase the chance to get stone), and Harvesting Medallion should increase the chance of events and instead to have a chance to break like now it should protect us, prevent the next 1OO dammage that we should get from event after that he poof. Something like that would make this lot more intersting. Having more items for harvest, more armor that give bonus.. Augmented set of gold, make u harvest gold ore faster...Augmeted set of protection, reducing mother nature dmg by 30%... there is also many low weapon...such as iron sword, iron board....etc... we could use them and give bonus to them when harvesting with them.

In other word, some weapon could have specific bonus to kill some mobs, like iron sword vs Goblin.. u get +5def +3acc +15dmg..

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2466 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:07 AM

Events not stopping harvesting would probably make players even more AFK then now. I don't see that suggestions as helping make it less boring. If anything, more interaction from the players is what it would take to reduce the boredom.

#7 Coffee

Coffee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:49 AM

Cup of Coffee potion .... makes you harvest faster for xx min. Yes yes I know, I am a broken record, I still want coffee in this game!

#8 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostLearner, on 04 December 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

Events not stopping harvesting would probably make players even more AFK then now. I don't see that suggestions as helping make it less boring. If anything, more interaction from the players is what it would take to reduce the boredom.

stoping so many time to is boring... when fighing do the creature flee every 5s in a fight ? no they fight until they are dead.

harvesting faster with no interupt will be more effective and we will spend more time making items.. than just sit day to harvest when afk.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2466 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

View PostAshitaka, on 04 December 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 04 December 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

stoping so many time to is boring... when fighing do the creature flee every 5s in a fight ? no they fight until they are dead.

harvesting faster with no interupt will be more effective and we will spend more time making items.. than just sit day to harvest when afk.
Harvesting faster to make more items is not making harvesting more interesting. What thoughts are there on making just the harvesting portion more interesting instead of help people AFK even more? Your suggestion was about trying to make harvesting interesting after all.

#10 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:55 AM

More events with no stopping might send a few more afk harvesters to UW?

#11 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:48 AM

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, just wait for perks :>

#12 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:02 AM

Haro, harvesting could be more interesting/fun? if the player would actually interract with the game while harvesting, problem is that OL can't do such a thing.
What I'm talking about is MMO style of harvesting, find a stone or flowe harvest it and it dissapears afterwards. Then you gotta find new ones and wait for respawns etc. This sadly can't happen in OL.

French server tried to do something about it but it didn't really work out well. They added harvestable stones which dissapear after harvest and drop small ammounts of something based on you knowledge and nexus levels. This made it fun but pointless because it wasn't very efficient (it was for a month then they nerfed it and it became completely uselss).

My idea would be that if you harvest 50 of something you have 1/3 chance of getting a buff that gives you 200% harvesting speed untill next 50 harvested. This would help everyone, it would need some more thought into working with perks and cape but it might be viable.

This idea won't make it fun but at least less time consuming. It could work also as a optional skill which you could deactivate for like 500 golds or something and give them to GIWS.

oh... I failed to mention that after every 50 harvested objects it could stop harvesting so people who would only afk harvest wouldnt have the benefit, because lets be honest new players wouldn't afk harvest.

dunno... that's my 5cents

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2466 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

Actually, OL CAN make the harvestables disappear, similarl to how the bridges vanish in RTG and then reappear later ... but is that really what players want? In many games where they disappear there can often be mad rushes by players when they finally reappear.

#14 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

Speed up harvesting and prices will fall so you have to harvest more to get the same value!

#15 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:08 PM

Rather just push more for the perks! Even though those perks need numbers adjusting as most are OP as fuck, lets not get L started on some next project to further delay the perks which were bloody voted for ages ago!

Getting real tired now of not seeing any progress on the perks. Was a good run at the beginning with many being added to test server, since then, nada

#16 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:45 AM

I meant that OL can't have it because of the crafting system. (the dissapearing ores)

It would be really shitty and most likely pointless, anyways, harvesting won't be fun like.. ever.. its not designed that way :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users