9 replies to this topic

#1 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Was brought up in channel yesterday by Jandor, about having a new perk which increases walking speed with a on-off feature, server can handle varied walking speeds but the client can only handle 2(normal speed, and 2x(speed hax)) untill a client dev can change that

I had suggested using action points instead, as we still do have them but are unused. Think of the faster walking as a 'special', maybe could have a button or 2 added on the right side of the client to click when you wanna activate your faster walking. The more usage for AP the better for variety and deciding whats best for using your points up till they recharge. I had also suggested having another special, like a 'great swing' a hit which does alot more crit damage or something, one big blow.

any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

walk quicker on paths, use up action points when off path, when 0 you get a slower speed. make it keybind to run.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

View Postbutler, on 23 January 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

walk quicker on paths, use up action points when off path, when 0 you get a slower speed. make it keybind to run.
Unfortunately, there is no built in system in the server to know what is a path and what isn't currently

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:59 AM

I would like to say ...(deleted).. +$1

Posted Image

#5 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:07 AM

if there was an option to 0.2 increase your speed for $5 each 0.2, I would of spent easily $1000 by now

#6 Jandor

Jandor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

It takes a while to build up action points,  so the 'price' of using one of these 'specials' could vary in order to make them more expensive for say 'big hit' than for walking faster for 15 seconds or something.  It could take you all week to save up the action points to use this one time, so it doesn't just become normal play.  An interesting idea that should be given a little thought.

#7 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Harvesting again so dont need to pay attention on playing game as much.

Thinking about butlers suggestion regarding paths and its effect on walking speed, even though the code is not there at the moment.

I think traveling along a built or even worn animal path is faster in RL than traveling through natural environment without a path. Maybe a good idea to work this into OL somehow.

I left EL before AP was used so not sure how it works. Can it be used to boost a few actions, eg walking speed, damageboost , harvest speed etc?

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

EL does not use Action Points to boost up any normal actions, rather it's used for certain special things. I actually like them being used to boost normal actions for a short time instead, so in the long run you may need to ration them out or run out. Adds more in the way of tactics to the game.

#9 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

^ AFK map walking? wouldnt want this affecting my Action Points.

#10 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:58 PM

^ AFK map walking? wouldnt want this affecting my Action Points.

was more the idea around the usefulness of paths or built roads rather than action points and the speed which you could travel in game normally. using action points for short bursting speed for harvesting, damage (melee/range) or walking speed I like as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users