This Poll is to get approval to upgrade the KillBonus to use the DamageTracker data that's been getting tested. To reduce the impact the new system will be used only when the system thinks that more then one player/mob may be responsible for the death.
Several things to consider:
- How the exp is split will NOT be announced, but will still be logged for a while
- There are times the new system may be used unexpectedly
- Why only a single player is involved, the old system is the default (which does NOT give exp for Ranging or Magic), this will be re-evaluated later
- The system can even be triggered on single combat maps since players can take turns without losing their share.
- Mirror, Rings of Damage, Summons, Unicorn etc can reduce how much exp is handed out to players
- Players must be logged when the mob dies to get your exp
- Players do NOT need to be near the mob, and can be on a different map
- Players that were involved, and the stop & don't do anything may get less or no exp as time goes on (such as the monster healing up)
- Damage done to the mob gets split up into Attack, Ranging, and Magic based on how much damage of each type you did
- Defense is award based on how many successful hits against each player that don't kill them
- Dieing does NOT clear your stats from the combat and you are still eligible for exp.
- Logging out or grueing does NOT clear your stats against monsters as long as you log back in before exp is awarded
- Name changes will clear any pending exp you might earn (but this won't happen often at all)
- Summoners and Healers will NOT benefit from this upgrade
- Your levels in the skills involved does affect how much exp you can earn
- God bonuses & SpecialDays are handled after the award split up
- Rationality does add to the exp, but not as much as some may expect
- In some cases, you can get less exp then the current system
- Overall, more total exp is expected to be handed out
If you do not want this to go live, please take the time to explain why not in a reply or a Forum PM to me. Since this is a more major change I do want all the players to have a say if they like this change or not.