•  
- - - - -

Passed - Upgrade KillBonus to use the DamageTracker

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Upgrade KillBonus (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Approval to upgrade the KillBonus to the proposed system that uses DamageTracker currently on Test?

1. Yes, lets do it now, even if we have more updates later (24 votes [92.31%])

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

2. No, there are things to be done to it still or don't want it (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

Question: If i clear a map with my tank and find i cant take the boss down with it, will i need to log off totally on main to take it down with my mage, or is it ok to have it afk at a storage?

#22 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2609 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:43 AM

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Question: If i clear a map with my tank and find i cant take the boss down with it, will i need to log off totally on main to take it down with my mage, or is it ok to have it afk at a storage?
You should NOT split a mob across multiple chars, whether you logout or not.

#23 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

I dont get what you mean. They are both interacting with environment. mY question was in relation to the bonus xp

#24 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2609 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:59 AM

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

I dont get what you mean. They are both interacting with environment. mY question was in relation to the bonus xp
I'm saying that you should NOT interact with the same mob! Not about KillBonus! Just don't do it!

#25 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:05 PM

So when harvesting i cannot click on the same ore piece that the other toon has clicked on either?

#26 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2609 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

So when harvesting i cannot click on the same ore piece that the other toon has clicked on either?
The difference is, if you fight one mob, and then your alt fights the same mob (even using a different method) you may still be helping the alt since the mob may have damage or lost Mana in fighting you. For Harvesting, it would be an issue only if harvesting that item had an effect on it.

#27 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

What about if one toon walks through a map and hits a few mobs on the way? Does that mean the other toon cannot kill anything on that map?

ADD: what if the team decides halfway through a boss fight that they need more heals because there is a better tank available or vice versa

#28 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2609 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:18 PM

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

What about if one toon walks through a map and hits a few mobs on the way? Does that mean the other toon cannot kill anything on that map?
I don't want to be trying to get picky on this, and I may have to decide on a case by case basis. But in your original example it would have been on purpose and therefore you must try to avoid that!

#29 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:36 PM

I would not even bother with a 2nd toon if people allowed me to be more versatile in my play style eg change my build to suit what role i wanted to play in a team or on the day.

This change now makes me look like a cheat, when my original intention was to play different styles of play without waiting for the 1 month CD

#30 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

DD: what if the team decides halfway through a boss fight that they need more heals because there is a better tank available or vice versa

#31 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2609 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

DD: what if the team decides halfway through a boss fight that they need more heals because there is a better tank available or vice versa
Then Alts should not be used! Get other players! Just avoid the same mobs, when in doubt, avoid the same maps if you are paranoid!

#32 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2609 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostLearner, on 21 March 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

Then Alts should not be used! Get other players! Just avoid the same mobs, when in doubt, avoid the same maps if you are paranoid!
Remember, an Alt is supposed to be a different character totally, not someone you switch to in order to take over for what you were trying to do. They are different & independent, not a tag team!

#33 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

or have a break and play another game for a while. It is not about being paranoid.it is about getting the job done... clearing a map either solo or in a group without risk of being accused of cheating and being banned / locked.

I'm saying that you should NOT interact with the same mob! Not about KillBonus! Just don't do it!

#34 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Switching from main fighter to alt mage, to tackle the same mob is still benefiting one or the other(multi)

#35 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:15 PM

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Clicking the same harvestable is NOT helping one another.

Switching from OMG > hal halfway through a boss fight IS helping

#36 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:15 PM

kinda bullshit imo.

and i dont mean kill a boss or a mob to 10 points of its health and finish with the other. that would be wrong. I mean have the versatility in taking a boss down like giga when the player numbers are limited and specific role is requiredd....most people cank tank or heal cause they :all rounders"

#37 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

Having the opportunity to soft reset daily to whatever you want is bullshit in my opinion... P2WIN clearly

Choose your build, and stick with it for the 1 short month

#38 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:27 PM

Also this motivates other players that wouldn't normally involve their selves in tough fights to come help out. Adds to nub learning

#39 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

Having the opportunity to soft reset daily to whatever you want is bullshit in my opinion... P2WIN clearly
Apparently so and any attempts to get around this by playing several toons and build and play them in specific roles (vs environment) is considered cheating as well. *face palm* I kinda give up and go back to playing 10min a month.

All rounders fuk this game for me cause they want me to play their way, and use p2win shit excuse. IMO lock anyone that sells their toon for $ or gives password to another.. Then it is might be looked at as pay to play instead.. as stated in my previous poll topic I dont see what there is to win other than OL is a winner cause people actually take time out of thier lives to play a great game with a great community of people.

#40 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2609 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:14 PM

View Postohmygod, on 21 March 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

Apparently so and any attempts to get around this by playing several toons and build and play them in specific roles is considered cheating as well. *face palm* I kinda give up and go back to playing 10min a month
What you keep missing is they are supposed to be independent! Not a group, or other similar stuff. It allows you to play different aspects, but not intended just for you to be swapping out as needed. I even recommend people don't even have alts/main near each other, or pretend they don't like each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users