• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

Hello everyone!

As many of you are aware, or may not be. There are currently two guild NPC's in control by guilds that are inactive. The reason in which they are allowed to stay currently is they pre-paid for an extended period of time, and will log in occasionally to refresh the NPC's active time. The issue with this is that these two guilds holding these NPC's are NOT upkeeping them, and are basically just monopolizing these so that no other guild can get them. I feel this is an unfair advantage, and should be changed if they are not going to be upheld, and should be usable by guilds who ARE active, but didn't get the opportunity for those NPC's before they were monopolized.

To sum it up, if a guild is inactive, their bot should be able to be revoked. Perhaps to make it fair still, give back the payment to the player(s) who paid for the time that will be unused. Guild NPC's should not be able to be monopolized by people just logging in for a few miinutes a month. Please let me know your thoughts!

~Eats

#2 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

FULLY agree 100%

Been waiting on Sia's guild bot for like a year, while only 1 or 2 players log in each month or so, if they arent selling anything(which they arent and dont care to even do) they should go to guilds who are active and want/need them.

Thanks eats for making the post.

Dont rly care for their pre-paid either, they could have pre paid for 5 bloody years...

"its unfair to strip a guild of their bot when theyve pre-paid"
NO!, the only thing unfair here is them witholding active people from using them!

#3 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

What is unfair is a guild holding a "guild NPC" if they have no intention of coming back to the game.

There should be a time limit put on NPC activity whether it is prepaid or not.

Have to agree here with this post in general.

#4 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 09 March 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

What is unfair is a guild holding a "guild NPC" if they have no intention of coming back to the game.

There should be a time limit put on NPC activity whether it is prepaid or not.

Have to agree here with this post in general.

There already is a time limit. 1 or 2 players log on each month or so for 10 mins, which keeps that limit refreshing.......

#5 Jandor

Jandor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

I must say i somewhat agree.  If a fading guild member is simply logging on occasionally to keep timers within limits on bots they have no intention of using what is the purpose?  Other than just hoarding.  Maybe an issue is also you shouldn't be able to prepay so far into the future.  And why are there only 4 NPCs?

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

I've been waiting more Alroth to expand since the initial plan was two NPC's in each of the racial areas.

#7 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

NPC should revolt if not enough proper sales and go up for bidding again.

#8 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostLearner, on 09 March 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

I've been waiting more Alroth to expand since the initial plan was two NPC's in each of the racial areas.

Sadly, if we were to wait for that Learner, then it will be years. Currently, 2 guilds are using this "containment" method, which is unfair to guilds that ARE active and WILL use them. The prepay shouldn't be an issue, if it really is. they would have kept up on their NPC's. As I said though, we can always reimburse the payment for the time not used.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:23 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 09 March 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 09 March 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

Sadly, if we were to wait for that Learner, then it will be years. Currently, 2 guilds are using this "containment" method, which is unfair to guilds that ARE active and WILL use them. The prepay shouldn't be an issue, if it really is. they would have kept up on their NPC's. As I said though, we can always reimburse the payment for the time not used.
I was simply answering why were the 4 NPC's

As for removing NPC's from Guild, my stance is that a rule change of that nature does need consider and a clear definition, and when doing so you must think about potentials for abuse. What constitutes one being inactive enough to be removed? There are ways a guild NPC can be active without other players seeing it, such as a Guild using it to hold items similar to a guild storage and NEVER putting them up for Sale.

An example of things to watch for is the fact the Sia's did recently make a sale to a player. Another thing people don't realize related to TKRD is there is more online time there then people realize, even if you consider that guild 'inactive'. Surfe there is nothing for sales on the NPC, but you need to be careful how you go about taking away an NPC merchant or the precedent that is set might bight you back later.

Just saying it's inactive sets a bad president unless there is a clear definition of what it takes to lose an NPC, or NPC's we consider to be active might get 'attacked' by claims of being inactive. Plus the definition can't be one that will take a lot of man time digging through logs for 'proof' of inactivity.

What about the fact that once a guild wins one, the price is forever locked in at that price no matter what auctions of other NPC's do in the mean time?

Currently NPC's are return if their bill isn't paid or if the guild is destroyed, and the definition for automated guild destruction is at least one player must login at least once every OL year (3 RL months), and they are meeting those conditions. During the time the have the NPC, the price is fixed and won't change, no matter what the demand on NPC's is.

#10 Josie

Josie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:13 AM

Can we just add some more NPC's? Why can't every guild have one? The coding is already there. It isn't like there are a ton of guilds.

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

View PostJosie, on 10 March 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Can we just add some more NPC's? Why can't every guild have one? The coding is already there. It isn't like there are a ton of guilds.
With the design size for Alroth I want more outdoor maps in more lands instead of constantly adding more into DL. I refuse to add any to Seridia wince we need to be phasing those maps out.

#12 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:26 AM

Moot point perhaps when more maps are completed overtime, then again why not take the time now to define the rules around this to be more clear for guilds who have access to an NPC?

ADD: Has anyone actually contacted the missing/absent/inactive guilds GM and asked if they can have the NPC in the meantime?

#13 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:14 AM

Let me tell you something.

I log on OL quite often to check things, as well as checking forums almost everyday. Me and Sia can start playing back tomorrow, that is NONE of your business and we can do whatever we want for the NPC that we own, as long as we pay the fee, that is NONE of your business either. And when we come back we would like to have our bot which is why we still pay for it.

Instead of trying to overtake a thing that other people own thinking they are not checking on forums or game which is quite lame, tell Learner to add more NPCs. As long as Sia exists and as long as we have chars in OL, we will own the NPC.

Live with it.

-Kaddy

#14 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

Actually kaddy, other people have tried contacting you 2 on EL about it aswell. Dont get butthurt thinking we're attacking YOU/SIA here cuz we're not, infact your bot actually still sells stuff so is more about FKRS bot. have even tried asking RAT politely to leave FKRS for a short time so that bot gets put up for auction after the 3 months, as that bot has NOTHING at all on it, as you can see from webaccess page. Was told 'how much you gonna pay me, since its all in my control hehehe'(he doesnt even play/nor care for this game and is purely trolling by holding it, Sia is the least bothersome botin this situation)
so pls. And also, i didnt know your bot still actually sells anything untill after this thread was made. Can you not see how bullshit it would be though if your bot HADNT been selling anything? you think thats fair? fuckin hell

#15 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:09 AM

You have mentioned Sia in your first post, so you clearly are the one butthurt in this situation. Also make me remind all OL’ers that you tried to hog both NPCs when they were first added to the game.

I don’t know what RAT said or did to you, I don’t care either. Noone tried to reach out for me about to NPC, if any did, my response would be quite more respectful and would explain why we want to hold it.

Last thing, my playing amount has nothing to do with the care I do for OL, which is why I check forums and game often. I always said/explained the truths and facts in OL, but you guys called it bashing and kept clapping no progress - which is the main reason I stopped spending playing time in OL at top level and one of the richest storages.

Oh btw, do not make a post and say stuff if you are going to chicken out and edit Warlock, man up for once. :)

#16 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

still not answering my question

Ah, and about the hogging of the second bot, did i follow through with it? no lol, lets eats take it, me and eats are friends, he knows it would have only been for a day or so lol.

#17 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:21 AM

Sigh, get nowhere posting about anything in the forums unless it suits L's agenda

#18 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

So I talked to Sia about Sarmis and she said noone ever asked her about it. Noone asked me either. So can you please name “other people” that tried to contact me and Sia? Answer this then I will answer your question.

Oh if you can’t answe and give me names, you can cut the bullshit :)

#19 Ena

Ena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

RAT Is MVP. All praise the #1 reason FKRS is still alive.Posted Image

#20 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:02 PM

HiSoKa(dont know his name on EL, but he said he will speak to either of you as he knows you or something or other) think maybe hes in a guild with you over there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Aine