43 replies to this topic

#21 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:10 PM

anyway fuck it, this thread is dead, very clear nothing at all will happen and i aint arguing anymore

#22 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

We need to get the auction house rolled out, that would solve all future issues with merchants :S

#23 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:34 PM

View PostKaddy, on 12 March 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

Let me tell you something.

I log on OL quite often to check things, as well as checking forums almost everyday. Me and Sia can start playing back tomorrow, that is NONE of your business and we can do whatever we want for the NPC that we own, as long as we pay the fee, that is NONE of your business either. And when we come back we would like to have our bot which is why we still pay for it.

Instead of trying to overtake a thing that other people own thinking they are not checking on forums or game which is quite lame, tell Learner to add more NPCs. As long as Sia exists and as long as we have chars in OL, we will own the NPC.

Live with it.

-Kaddy

The issue is not the fact that you guys are holding it per se. Sia, sure you guys upkeep the bot decently. Kudos to you on that. Except that it is generally newbie items and drops that most active fighters have tons of with no real market value. But FKRS bot, Nalnia. That bot yes, was taken from me in the beginning, but was planned to be returned. The fact it wasn't is NOT really the point here, I don't care about that as my old guild SouL is no longer upheld (as if it really was initially). The FKRS bot will remain empty for several more months. Unless Ena or Kav decide they wanna log in and put a few items up, which I'll just buy them all up and we will be back to the previous state.The monopolizing an empty bot by having RAT log in (especially when he sits there and just shit-talks 99% of the time) is the real issue. If the bots aren't going to be upheld, why should they be in your possesion?

View PostEna, on 12 March 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

RAT Is MVP. All praise the #1 reason FKRS is still alive.Posted Image

View PostKaddy, on 12 March 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

You have mentioned Sia in your first post, so you clearly are the one butthurt in this situation. Also make me remind all OL’ers that you tried to hog both NPCs when they were first added to the game.

I don’t know what RAT said or did to you, I don’t care either. Noone tried to reach out for me about to NPC, if any did, my response would be quite more respectful and would explain why we want to hold it.

Last thing, my playing amount has nothing to do with the care I do for OL, which is why I check forums and game often. I always said/explained the truths and facts in OL, but you guys called it bashing and kept clapping no progress - which is the main reason I stopped spending playing time in OL at top level and one of the richest storages.

Oh btw, do not make a post and say stuff if you are going to chicken out and edit Warlock, man up for once. Posted Image

It doesn't make sense, and the excuse of "well I intend to play every x days/months/years/decades/eons" does not matter. It needs to be upkept a decent amount of the time in order to remain fair. I feel as if a player logging in should not keep it.

View PostLearner, on 10 March 2019 - 05:23 AM, said:

View PostEatsAllLife, on 09 March 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 09 March 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

I've been waiting more Alroth to expand since the initial plan was two NPC's in each of the racial areas.

Sadly, if we were to wait for that Learner, then it will be years. Currently, 2 guilds are using this "containment" method, which is unfair to guilds that ARE active and WILL use them. The prepay shouldn't be an issue, if it really is. they would have kept up on their NPC's. As I said though, we can always reimburse the payment for the time not used.
I was simply answering why were the 4 NPC's

As for removing NPC's from Guild, my stance is that a rule change of that nature does need consider and a clear definition, and when doing so you must think about potentials for abuse. What constitutes one being inactive enough to be removed? There are ways a guild NPC can be active without other players seeing it, such as a Guild using it to hold items similar to a guild storage and NEVER putting them up for Sale.

An example of things to watch for is the fact the Sia's did recently make a sale to a player. Another thing people don't realize related to TKRD is there is more online time there then people realize, even if you consider that guild 'inactive'. Surfe there is nothing for sales on the NPC, but you need to be careful how you go about taking away an NPC merchant or the precedent that is set might bight you back later.

Just saying it's inactive sets a bad president unless there is a clear definition of what it takes to lose an NPC, or NPC's we consider to be active might get 'attacked' by claims of being inactive. Plus the definition can't be one that will take a lot of man time digging through logs for 'proof' of inactivity.

What about the fact that once a guild wins one, the price is forever locked in at that price no matter what auctions of other NPC's do in the mean time?

Currently NPC's are return if their bill isn't paid or if the guild is destroyed, and the definition for automated guild destruction is at least one player must login at least once every OL year (3 RL months), and they are meeting those conditions. During the time the have the NPC, the price is fixed and won't change, no matter what the demand on NPC's is.
Also, Learner. Your point on using the MERCHANTS for storage should not be a valid excuse. Does that not give player's guilds with these NPC's at an advantage in comparison to those who do not? We don't get a storage NPC, so unless you're gonna give everyone a storage NPC for their guilds, these merchants that are intended to be used for a selling purpose, should not be allowed to be used as just storage.

The rules as Learner would like to be defined should be set in general.  Simple; the bot should not be intentionally used as a storage NPC, it is a merchant. Not your personal guilds garage. You should actively (at least 1 armor item (excluding the newb armors like Leather/Augs), or at least 500 i.e. potions). There should be more than one active person in the guild to keep the NPC, as one person active vs a guild of 5. Who would really get more use from that bot? It should be courteous, not as it is now, and holding these for your own greed and just to say you have it. Basically, don't maintain the bot by putting up bullshit drops that everyone has multiple of (Iron helm, steel chain, iron chain, iron sword, etc.), make use of the bot, and use it "properly". Not as your play toy and bragging rights. Just sayin'. This is very flawed, and the fact they are able to keep it up forever with no repurcussions is fucked up. That'll be all, feel free to combat me on this.

~Eats

#24 StouXy

StouXy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:11 AM

I don't know L's reasoning behind NPC's and bots.
But in my opinion, the solution is veeeeery simple. Add more NPC or BOTS.
Problem solved :)

#25 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:24 AM

View PostStouXy, on 13 March 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

Problem solved Posted Image
Two NPC's per racial lands, and I've been waiting for two years for more outdoor maps for other races and higher level mob maps to be worked on so Alroth expands. While getting the indoors for DL populated is nice, it doesn't do much other then add eye candy to the game.

#26 kav

kav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

It’s no-ones fucking business what we decide to do with our guild bot and fuck you for trying to coerce active members to leave so you can get your hands on it. Contact with Ena wasn’t even made until RAT was unwilling to participate in this bullshit.  

#27 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

You guys dont care for OL lol everyone knows that. Speaking to RAT was the only option I had, guilds do get terminated after 3 months of inactivity, so yeah i did try :-)

#28 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:38 AM

Two NPC's per racial lands, and I've been waiting for two years for more outdoor maps for other races and higher level mob maps to be worked on so Alroth expands. While getting the indoors for DL populated is nice, it doesn't do much other then add eye candy to the game.
Zian is the only map maker consistently producing any work.

Kudos to Zian for going it alone and sticking this out.

#29 Ena

Ena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

"That bot yes, was taken from me in the beginning, but was planned to be returned. " @eatzI
I didn't take anything from you. I bid on a bot when it was available fair and square. I didn't plan to return it to you either. Where are you getting this from?.
Must be really hard for y'all to @3 the 5 people online.

First world problems

#30 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

First world problems
lol yes.Haves vs Have nots.

Lets get more map makers and we can all have. :)

#31 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:27 PM

View Postkav, on 13 March 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

It’s no-ones fucking business what we decide to do with our guild bot and fuck you for trying to coerce active members to leave so you can get your hands on it. Contact with Ena wasn’t even made until RAT was unwilling to participate in this bullshit.  

Nobody is making anyone leave, but it was requested so that the bot could be given to someone. I'm not sure why you are so stuck on keeping it for someone who doesn't play. Also, why should we be expected to message you externally, when you don't log into the game for months? By that point, you're believed to quit. So in game affairs shouldn't require us hunting you down externally, and messaging you. Unless you plan on playing actively, you shouldn't have a merchant. Or, there should be an option to bribe the merchant to become ours (similar to bidding, but we pay it a ransom fee, and your precious guild have x-time to pay off that ransom). If you want to keep it that badly, your gold should be able to combat ours.

View PostEna, on 15 March 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

"That bot yes, was taken from me in the beginning, but was planned to be returned. " @eatzI
I didn't take anything from you. I bid on a bot when it was available fair and square. I didn't plan to return it to you either. Where are you getting this from?.

First world problems

You're sorely mistaken. The bot was taken from me at the last available minute by DueCe and Warlock sitting there bidding against me. I don't know where you're getting your memories from, but they're most defintiely wrong. Considering it was taken by at the time PWR, not FKRS. PWR was later given to you, rather than disbanding the guild. You never bid on it, at least at that moment in which it was taken. But I cannot expect you to remember considering you don't ever play- which is why we have this problem.

#32 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:44 AM

View PostLearner, on 13 March 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

Why only 2? We already have more maps than players so why not just one NPC per guild?

Bat17

#33 kav

kav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 15 March 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

View Postkav, on 13 March 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

Nobody is making anyone leave, but it was requested so that the bot could be given to someone. I'm not sure why you are so stuck on keeping it for someone who doesn't play. Also, why should we be expected to message you externally, when you don't log into the game for months? By that point, you're believed to quit. So in game affairs shouldn't require us hunting you down externally, and messaging you. Unless you plan on playing actively, you shouldn't have a merchant. Or, there should be an option to bribe the merchant to become ours (similar to bidding, but we pay it a ransom fee, and your precious guild have x-time to pay off that ransom). If you want to keep it that badly, your gold should be able to combat ours.

View PostEna, on 15 March 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

First world problems

You're sorely mistaken. The bot was taken from me at the last available minute by DueCe and Warlock sitting there bidding against me. I don't know where you're getting your memories from, but they're most defintiely wrong. Considering it was taken by at the time PWR, not FKRS. PWR was later given to you, rather than disbanding the guild. You never bid on it, at least at that moment in which it was taken. But I cannot expect you to remember considering you don't ever play- which is why we have this problem.

"By that point, you're believed to have quit" -  Maybe people without a clue shouldn't make assumptions?
"Unless you plan on playing actively, you shouldn't have a mechant" - I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were the authority on how we should play the game, or what merchants we shouldn't own.

In regards to the bot, the only person in contention for Nalnia iirc was Josie or someone starting with a J that had spent $ starting a guild so they could bid on it. We have never been a part of PWR, and when that bot was bid on it was not associated with any guild.

Ena and I have been here since the beginning in 2012,  we couldn't give a rats arse about the likes of you and yours.

#34 Ena

Ena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

We were never part of PWR. PWR wasn't given to us either. I asked for SiN (because that was the only guild besides FKRS I've been in) but he didn't want to give it up. So kav and I created our own guild. When I logged in Josie was the last bidder to bid on the bot. I bid after herand I went to sleep, hours before it ended. No one placed a bid after on the bot. I won the bid. Not warlock or pwr. So maybe you can stop talking out of your ass and talking about us remembering it wrong when you're the one who literally has 0 idea about what's going on.

#35 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:08 PM

In the future, I'm planning that after a bid is placed, there will be at least one RL day before it closes to help reduce some issues. That means a last minute bid can extend the amount of time before the auction closes.

#36 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

View PostBat17, on 16 March 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 13 March 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

Why only 2? We already have more maps than players so why not just one NPC per guild?

Bat17

^

#37 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

Two per racial land means that 12 are planned for, but it is is a ROYAL pain to move any, so I keep asking for more Alroth lands to be completed!

#38 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:26 PM

View PostLearner, on 16 March 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Two per racial land means that 12 are planned for, but it is is a ROYAL pain to move any, so I keep asking for more Alroth lands to be completed!

Issue there is that who knows how long that will be. This is a preferable soon change, not a next year, next decade, etc.

#39 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:17 AM

They wont need to be moved, just give a reasonable notice period  when one NPC is being shut down and a new one started to give the guild time to move stuff

#40 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:48 AM

View PostBat17, on 17 March 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

They wont need to be moved, just give a reasonable notice period  when one NPC is being shut down and a new one started to give the guild time to move stuff
That is one type of move, and since each guild can only have one NPC the process would guild empty NPC, guild looses NPC, new NPC's go up for auction, another guild wins a new NPC, old guild mad.

Another scenario involving moving an NPC Merchant involves "why are you moving out NPC? We don't like where it's being moved to! Move a different NPC! We bought it for where it was and don't want it where you want to move it to!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users