• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

While there are still a lot of changes going into the Alroth continent, we have been able to map a experimental version of two files needed to start adding some continent support to the Client.

There are two files you would need to install into your client, replacing old EL files:
mapinfo.lst http://game.other-li...les/mapinfo.lst
maps/irilion.dds http://game.other-li...les/irilion.dds

In the near future, this files or newer version will get be getting sent out via auto-updates. This information is for those that want experiment with recent work.

#2 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:46 AM

Can we install these on the main client folder or do we have to create a new "test" folder version for the game as they will only work on test server and mess up client if use for main server?

Let me know if this is a silly question.

omg

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:38 AM

I did say you needed to replace existing files. Simplest way is in the client install folder in their proper locations.

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:52 AM

k

#5 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:52 AM

I downloaded/installed the two files as noted however the mapinfo file is named as mapinfo.lst and is displayed as file type '.txt'. So in my case I re-save this file so that the file type '.txt' becomes '.lst' and should look like this in your OL folder > mapinfo and file type as LST.

Regards
Z

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

View PostZian, on 15 April 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

I downloaded/installed the two files as noted however the mapinfo file is named as mapinfo.lst and is displayed as file type '.txt'. So in my case I re-save this file so that the file type '.txt' becomes '.lst' and should look like this in your OL folder > mapinfo and file type as LST.

Regards
Z
Since you told me in game it's looking good and you know the continent, once the continent stabilizes this round, I can start pushe files like this out to everyone.

#7 math

math

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:22 PM

I agree, loaded with no problems and looks good on basic orientation of the continent.  Can't wait for the updates.

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

Updated map & the mapinfo.lst file are being pushed out via autp-update! So no need to try the manual install method since Z green lit pushing out the newest continent Tab map and has tested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users