• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:53 PM

Ok...I've started on Roth's Haven as the replacement for IP. My short term goal is to get a roughed-in version into the Alroth TAB map for testing around mid-May 2019.

For those who would like to make their wants/needs/comments regarding this topic please post them here!

Regards
Z

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

Since this will be our unique start island for the continent of Alroth, it should reflect all the beauty they will find on the continent, flowers, birds, animals, lots of greenery, little ponds, fireplaces made of logs etc....

Could we also have little houses and statues and littlepad ponds?  Of course might be a good idea to have places for specific NPCs that will be needed for starter quests:)

That's my 2 cents worth of suggestions for nowPosted Image

#3 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:13 AM

Will you be working with quest writer on some starter quests seeing how this is the opening map for new players?

#4 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

View Postohmygod, on 02 May 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

Will you be working with quest writer on some starter quests seeing how this is the opening map for new players?

Yes!

#5 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:30 AM

Another suggestion: how about calling our tutorial NPC, "Guide" or Guiding NPC? He could give the basic quests.  Also, noticed the tutorial NPC on IP does have some very long monologue that we usually just ignore.  Let's make the dialogue shorter, no need to give a big history of Alroth....we really don't have it all yet anyway.  There could be other NPCs throughout Alroth or books that will give more history.
to be continued.....

#6 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

I will definitely be looking at making the tutorial npc much more interesting and the dialogue much shorter and more to the point than drawling on with random information

#7 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Update!

I'm working to get a roughed in version of Roth's Haven onto the Test_server by end of the week (17/18th). Rather than posting many pics...walking around the map brings a better perspective for commenting on.

With the current IP in mind I'll be looking for locations to place NPC(s), buildings/merchants' stores, and any other things like harvestables, etc.

Regards
Z

#8 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Nice going Zian, will definitely jump on there and take a look when it's ready, also just was informed current IP has a couple of fast healing areas for newbs, should probably include those in RH aswell if you havent already :-)

#9 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:42 PM

Planning on them W...would be looking for suggestions on locations!

Z

#10 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

So exciting, so looking forward to testing the new RH and giving my suggestions and comments, etc...

#11 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

The first test version of RH is ready to be released on the Test Server! I've sent copies of RH to IMs and others to check out and comment on.

I'll post again once RH is running on Test Server!

Stay tuned!

Regards
Z

EDIT: RH is now on Test Server!!! Enjoy!

Z

#12 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:44 PM

Enjoy is right, fantastic map Zian....will be checking it out square by square and giving suggestions, comments and error spots:)

#13 math

math

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

I am afraid I am not sure how to get there. I looked around on the test server but i missed it somehow.

#14 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

math, on 16 May 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

I am afraid I am not sure how to get there. I looked around on the test server but i missed it somehow.

To access RH on test server you'll need to copy these files (as is)

https://www.dropbox....ven.elm.gz?dl=0
https://www.dropbox...._haven.dds?dl=0

into your Windows folder;

C:\Documents\Other-Life\updates\1_9_5\maps\c0

then type; #test 50. This will teleport you to RH.

Regards
Z

#15 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Have some suggestions for RH:

You are in Roth's Haven [119,226] RH (349) Healing pool?

Wraith in Pagoda?

Love the graveyard, how about having the newbs respawn there when they die? (Roth's Haven [36,64])

Noticed there are 5 houses on main spawn point in RH,  maybe have each be a shop?

Guide NPC at Roth's Haven [207,42] RH (that is in the ticket booth), welcomes and directs you to the other NPCs on RH?

(to be continued as edits)

#16 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 22 May 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

Wraith in Pagoda?

Love the graveyard, how about having the newbs respawn there when they die? (Roth's Haven [36,64])

Noticed there are 5 houses on main spawn point in RH,  maybe have each be a shop?

Guide NPC at Roth's Haven [207,42] RH (that is in the ticket booth), welcomes and directs you to the other NPCs on RH?

Current RH spawn point would be the coord which you would spawn coming off the ship (approx). Might want a spawn location for new players joing game for first time.

Regards
Z

#17 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 22 May 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

Wraith in Pagoda?

I don't think we want large number of shops on RH. Enough to help players get going but nothing like Magic or other shops that beginners aren't interested in.

#18 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:06 AM

Was thinking of other players that might want to buy stuff from RH.  Also, by having a few shops, they could be part of the Guide's quests.

After all the work Zian is putting in building this new IP, we don't want it to be only used by new players. Posted Image

IP is ONLY a newb island other than the Wraith.

If there was a magic shop on RH, players who just rose from UW would be able to buy essences that would allow them to tele back to a near map where they died.Posted Image

#19 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:19 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 23 May 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

Was thinking of other players that might want to buy stuff from RH.  Also, by having a few shops, they could be part of the Guide's quests.

After all the work Zian is putting in building this new IP, we don't want it to be only used by new players. Posted Image

If there was a magic shop on RH, players who just rose from UW would be able to buy essences that would allow them to tele back to a near map where they died.Posted Image
We haven't event decided yet if RH is where people leaving UW will pop out at. One of the ideas discussed in the past was where you died at could affect where you pop out from UW (and maybe even which UW). So if you die in the ElvenLads you exit into a specific map in the Elven Lands.

#20 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostLearner, on 23 May 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

View PostAlddrA, on 23 May 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

We haven't event decided yet if RH is where people leaving UW will pop out at. One of the ideas discussed in the past was where you died at could affect where you pop out from UW (and maybe even which UW). So if you die in the ElvenLads you exit into a specific map in the Elven Lands.

The only case that I can see is if a new player dies on RH do they go to UW and spawn back to RH?

Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users