• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:58 AM

In my opinion we need an NPC that sells the sigils in Alroth (not a magic shop but only an NPC selling the sigils). Since RH is a large map, this NPC could be located at the Gnome Village (or a similar place). His name could be "Tamariz".

#102 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2756 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:17 AM

View PostYulin_Old, on 07 July 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

In my opinion we need an NPC that sells the sigils in Alroth (not a magic shop but only an NPC selling the sigils). Since RH is a large map, this NPC could be located at the Gnome Village (or a similar place). His name could be "Tamariz".
RH is already connected to LD that has a Magic Shop already. Since Magic isn't something most newbs can hop into from the start, placing such an NPC as you suggested doesn't sound like it's needed on RH.

#103 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:48 AM

View PostLearner, on 07 July 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

RH is already connected to LD that has a Magic Shop already. Since Magic isn't something most newbs can hop into from the start, placing such an NPC as you suggested doesn't sound like it's needed on RH.

I did not know LD had a Magic Shop. Where is that shop? Can you buy sigils there? As far as I know you can only buy them in WS magic shops. Codux is writting the tutorial. When he introduce the magic skill, he should explain you need sigils in order to cast a spell. At that point, if you do not want to rewrite that info, we need a magic shop selling sigils in Alroth. I do not mind the map.

#104 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2756 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:58 AM

View PostYulin_Old, on 07 July 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

I did not know LD had a Magic Shop. Where is that shop? Can you buy sigils there? As far as I know you can only buy them in WS magic shops. Codux is writting the tutorial. When he introduce the magic skill, he should explain you need sigils in order to cast a spell. At that point, if you do not want to rewrite that info, we need a magic shop selling sigils in Alroth. I do not mind the map.
Correction, the LD magic shop was moved to AD. So other thoughts my Z on this will be listened to. The building next to the Tavern originally was going to be a Magic Shop.

#105 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

View PostLearner, on 07 July 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

View PostYulin_Old, on 07 July 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Correction, the LD magic shop was moved to AD. So other thoughts my Z on this will be listened to. The building next to the Tavern originally was going to be a Magic Shop.

Originally LD had a building (next to the existing tavern) that was designated as a Magic Shop but was moved...i hate doing this...was reassigned to AD. You'll have to go find it Posted Image

EDIT: Grimm was more involved with NPCs at the time...I blame the need to move due to the high LD rental fees :)

Regards
Z

#106 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

I was wandering around Roths Haven on test and there are two bots called Zarek and Kenia who are Guild bots. Why are there guild bots on what is supposed to be the very first point of contact for new players?

I would expect that we want new players to become fully cognizant of game mechanics before using more advanced features such as joining guilds. Also having a bot that will be loaded with stuff that they need for quests instead of doing the work and learning the game mechanics properly is ill advised and I think these bots should be moved to somewhere more appropriate.

#107 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2756 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:59 PM

Those Merchants are there to sell items to the news as well to have more reasons for non-newbs to be on RH. You're also making assumptions that Quests can be short circuited just by buying items. No need for them to be in a guild to buy from the Merchants, and the Merchants buying items is still on the list of things to be done as well.

#108 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

When a New Player spawns on the isle of Roth's Haven for the first time we need a good (short) welcoming message!!

Any ideas!?

Since they will spawn on RH, part of that message should highlight they are within the Realms of Alroth! When they travel off of RH, the first landing will be on Lothend within the Realm of the Dwarves! I will be ensuring that when players move from one Realm to another the appropriate message will be displayed via the map.def.

Any future realms can be added and integrated into the game.

Regards
Z

#109 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:31 AM

Could start by saying something as simple as "Welcome to Roths Haven, your first step to discovering the wonders of the continent of Alroth. Please talk to the NPC named Guru Gary. He will be your guide on how to proceed from here."

Is that short enough?

#110 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 26 July 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Could start by saying something as simple as "Welcome to Roths Haven, your first step to discovering the wonders of the continent of Alroth. Please talk to the NPC named Guru Gary. He will be your guide on how to proceed from here."

Is that short enough?

Learner let us know of any character limits that make up 'the message'. I'm assuming 'the message' would be hard coded somewhere.

Regards
Z

#111 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2756 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostZian, on 26 July 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

View PostAlddrA, on 26 July 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Is that short enough?

Learner let us know of any character limits that make up 'the message'. I'm assuming 'the message' would be hard coded somewhere.

Regards
Z
In theory, with a few tweaks I can even have that message pop up in it's own text window they have to click to close, If there is a limit, it would be around 250 characters when using that method ... I would have to check the code, it may be a 4K limit for all I know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users