26 replies to this topic

#21 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

There was also discussion about having an UW with various exits to different areas of Alroth since that continent is so big.  These were channel discussions.

#22 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:58 PM

Had a discussion with Learner earlier today regarding placement of NPC Shoppes in RH and he's approved a General Store/Flower Shop/Tavern/Newb Blacksmith!!

I'll start adding them to RH and make available to those interested later on. I'm also working on an Insides map for RH and currently have the mtn/cave insides done.

Keep the ideas coming!!! And stay tuned....

Regards
Z

#23 math

math

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

This might be a little bit persinckety, but if you have oars in the boat, then the oars should do something. touch them and you go somewhere or at least get message the boat is not yours, get out.  I am ok with a boat being empty, the owner took them away for safe keeping.  Maybe they take you to the other side of the island, maybe that is how you get to the main land.

#24 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

View Postmath, on 23 May 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

This might be a little bit persinckety, but if you have oars in the boat, then the oars should do something. touch them and you go somewhere or at least get message the boat is not yours, get out.  I am ok with a boat being empty, the owner took them away for safe keeping.  Maybe they take you to the other side of the island, maybe that is how you get to the main land.
Z can add more, but I think the oars are part of the model, so a new model might be needed if one without oars isn't available.

#25 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted Yesterday, 04:58 AM

View PostLearner, on 23 May 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Z can add more, but I think the oars are part of the model, so a new model might be needed if one without oars isn't available.

Oars are separate models in themselves. My logic is click on the row boat to travel to whatever destination I've set it to be. Having oars in the boat implies the boat is usable. Oars are very thin and would take a few clicks to touch them, especially if chased by some mob and would get annoying after awhile due to 'misses'.

Regards
Z

#26 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:11 AM

View PostZian, on 24 May 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 23 May 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Oars are separate models in themselves. My logic is click on the row boat to travel to whatever destination I've set it to be. Having oars in the boat implies the boat is usable. Oars are very thin and would take a few clicks to touch them, especially if chased by some mob and would get annoying after awhile due to 'misses'.

Regards
Z
Good, glad to hear they aren't glues tot he boat.

#27 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 AM

Update to RH and RH_Insides maps now available on Test server.

As before - To access RH on test server you'll need to copy these files (as is)

https://www.dropbox....ven.elm.gz?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....des.elm.gz?dl=0
https://www.dropbox...._haven.dds?dl=0

into your Windows folder;

C:\Documents\Other-Life\updates\1_9_5\maps\c0

then type; #test 50. This will teleport you to RH.

Regards
Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users