• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

The IM's have been discussing new features I've been working on to help IM's. As a side effect, I'm testing a toned down version with less info for use on TML4 when invasions are active only on that map, which shows in real-time information about TML4 to Premium Players.

Log into WebAccess on Test, then click the TML4 link, you'll see some interesting information if the TML4 invasions is currently going on!

If we move this to Main, it will stay available only to Premium players, and will stay only on TML4 since it helps tackle invasions or Events too easy. TML4 being such a rough challenge, testing to see how this info helps.

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

You have my vote

#3 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

FYI white dots are players

Yes i do love the MapMobs work, i see a great amount of potential for possible uses. Needs discussion about how else players can use this feature without them seeing too much to make it abusable

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

A big issue with players using info like this in most cases is even this watered down version of what we're thinking about to IM from shows too much information. In most cases WAY to much since it shows every mob & player on a map at that instant and it refreshed. TML4 due to the difficulty of that canned invasion does make it an exception at least during the first 3/4th of the clearing.

#5 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

Any one take screen shots?

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:05 AM

A screenshot doesn't do it just, you really need to see it in action.
Attached File  MapMobs-TML4.png   2.09MB   15 downloads

#7 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:19 AM

Very nice to be able to see this as a whole map..

This was not available via web access for weekend invasion?

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:35 AM

View Postohmygod, on 14 May 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

Very nice to be able to see this as a whole map..

This was not available via web access for weekend invasion?
We're still experimenting with it and trying to decide if it's too much info for players. TML4 is probably one of the only times this might not be too much info since the invasions there often are mean and same map to same map tporting.

#9 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:04 AM

I am pretty sure there is never enough information and someone will find a value to every little bit of it over time.

The use for this live map/game data in relation to TM4 and its known internal map change idiosyncrasies is an example of how information that is available can be used to a players benefit, another example of how players are using currently displayed live game data to their benefit, could possibly be the Players online data.  (The "leopard" logs in = TD clears.. :P ...)

There are other layers of live/historic information for players/IMs to flick through I notice. On occasions I have seen data relating in particular to event maps (live/historic collated data) that would be great information on a number of levels to have collected/displayed and available for players to refer to, for all maps, over the course of the invasion weekend.

Having this extra information collated for display for all maps may allow for example, Players to keep an eye out for drop Items they are waiting for, and to locate the player that may have it for purchase or, resolve disputes regarding serping of bosses, by displaying mob numbers killed per player on map and other relative indicators etc. Showing off my numbers for the weekend might be fun use as well. Heaps more ways certain data can be used if made available, but drift off the point to include now.

I like the idea you have for TM4 to assist players with map changing, but how cool might it be if more live data sets are made available for players to troll through, even if not currently in game, for all maps. Not sure what space it would take but having each weekends aggregate (TBD) data saved would also make it heaps easier for game fans to analyze the historic game data to confirm interesting patterns that may become apparent over time. I suggest this but am aware that there are other competing priorities such as completing the perks for test, new maps, quests etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users