38 replies to this topic

#21 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

I think that the lines around the water have become too thick...they take away definition.

#22 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

I'm thinking about the parchment 'look'...

Maybe we should 86 the blue water and default to parchment colour?

Regards
Z

#23 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

Having experimenting with some enhancements
Posted Image

#24 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

The jagged edges & bright red in these areas here - https://gyazo.com/6a...7f5f7ee3018b7f6 possibly need lightening and smoothening if possible?

However i think this version is the best one yet! Nice going

#25 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

Maybe darken the hue of the blue just a TAD!

Z

#26 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

Agree with Z, less baby blue, slightly more Aqua

Maybe even make it Aqua blue starting from edges faded out to a baby blue

#27 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

View PostWarlock, on 14 May 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

The jagged edges & bright red in these areas here - https://gyazo.com/6a...7f5f7ee3018b7f6 possibly need lightening and smoothening if possible?

The edge detection used to help highlight most roads unfortunately is selecting the colors and which edges. Currently I have no processing that isn't being done against the entire map just using simple rules. And doing something like smoothing those edges might erase a bunch of roads.

#28 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

Now I'm thinking a grey colour instead of blue....

#29 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostZian, on 14 May 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Now I'm thinking a grey colour instead of blue....
Keep in mind, any color changes you try to do to the coastline, will also affect the rivers and small lakes as well, which is why I do want a shade of blue.

#30 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

Think it looks like a nice indicator of water having it a blue colour, VL looks cool right now

#31 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:18 AM

View PostLearner, on 14 May 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

View PostWarlock, on 14 May 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

The edge detection used to help highlight most roads unfortunately is selecting the colors and which edges. Currently I have no processing that isn't being done against the entire map just using simple rules. And doing something like smoothing those edges might erase a bunch of roads.
PS Keep in mind that the new maps are currently roughed in, so much of the jaggedness comes from the map itself and will change as Z adds details to all the new maps.

#32 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:17 AM

The map is fine the way it is, good effort L. Enough time has been spent on this.Posted Image

#33 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:24 AM

Quick suggestion..
Is it possible once we get the general look of the tab map (both individual map and continent), maybe not have it automatically known to the player when they enter the map. In order for them to be able to see via TAB, they have to actually explore the map and as they explore, that part of the map is then revealed in TAB permanently?

Would be more realistic than just somehow automatically having knowledge of the whole map without ever stepping foot there.

#34 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:29 AM

View PostCoduX, on 15 May 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Quick suggestion..
Is it possible once we get the general look of the tab map (both individual map and continent), maybe not have it automatically known to the player when they enter the map. In order for them to be able to see via TAB, they have to actually explore the map and as they explore, that part of the map is then revealed in TAB permanently?

Would be more realistic than just somehow automatically having knowledge of the whole map without ever stepping foot there.
Tracking stuff like that would all have to be client side work.

#35 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:02 AM

It is looking better. I think that the different color edge lines look odd, it should all just be black.

#36 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

View PostCoduX, on 15 May 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Quick suggestion..

Sure, but if we have the maps and these lands are already known it is possible that someone else made an atlas for all the maps where they are, it isn't like we are creating unexplored lands- these are inhabited. So to me it makes sense that they already have a done map.

#37 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2610 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:04 AM

The newest version, please note that this version does show some lines that are map boundaries which will probably vanish as Z completes work on the new maps!

Posted Image

#38 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Understood.  BTW, this map is very easy on the eyes and has just a nice amount of detail without being over the top:)

#39 incubus_hexa

incubus_hexa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

me no care just make it popen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users