#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2661 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

This morning, I did a major update on Main! This lists some of the changes:

World.def file
* Defines the world in terms of Continents & Realms with each continent, no hard coded limits on how many
* Every map is defined to be in a Realm, along with other maps that belong in the same Realm
* Increased the maximum number of possible maps
* Removes the simplistic system EL uses that had limits and required per map/continent stuff to be coded in the server
* Indoor & Underground maps now belong to one above ground map for organizational purposes
* Different settings can be applied per Realm (Such as where the TeleportPortals spell takes you)
* Each Realm can have different UW's and destination for #beam
* Your location by compass lets you know what Continent & Realm you are in
* Joker is now Continent & Realm for use in Hints
* In the future, each Realm can be associated with one or more player Races for enhanced features

Valunde Forest (VF) has been added to the Realm Dwarven Lands with native spawns.

Roths Haven (RH) has been added as it's own Realm (Alroth: Other) and has native spawns. It is not yet where new players start, but the NPC's (including two Guild Merchants are there)

Alroth: Dwarven Lands now has it's own UW separate from others as does Alroth: Other

IP Rings are now RH Rings! The same formula for making IP Rings now makes RH Rings.

TML4 now has native spawns, including Yeti and a storage NPC!

Yeti & Red Dragon have improved Drops

IM's have additional capabilities related to Invasions!

Other additional features and tweaks not to be mentioned here Posted Image

#2 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

Can we get some inside maps so the mini map window does not sit on my screen looking blank?

Oh and great work to all the people who have worked on this update.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2661 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:42 AM

FYI, in some ways this update may not seem as major to some people. The reason it's such a major update has to do with the world.def and being able to reorganize the maps as I have while allowing for easier additions in the future as more of Alroth is added. The major portion comes from all the internal code changes as well as how maps are defined and loaded and new features available now because of that.

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

I think it is a major up date tbh, and i see many more hours/weeks of fun working out what made it to the new drop tables for a start :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users