• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:23 AM

A few day ago I saw a conversation about the need to put a storage on TML4, and I got to thinking that it would be a good use of engineering skill to have the ability to use tools and raw materials to build a guild outpost that guild members could access to store items and to hide from mobs. Then it came to me that engineering skill could also be used to deconstruct an enemy guilds outpost causing its contents to spill out in loot bags. This could be a good way for different guilds to have a friendly war without actually attacking the guild members. Outposts  should be difficult to destroy, requiring teamwork and a fair amount of time to be successful. Defending guild members should receive a warning in guild chat when an outpost comes under attack. At that time defenders could devote resources from their storage to repair the damages to the outpost. The amount of time it takes to make the repairs would depend on the engineering skill of the guild member making the repair and the distance of the storage he uses to devote the resources to the outpost. Possible resources to be used to construct/ repair outposts could be logs, refined logs, metal bars, refined metal bars, essences, and others. This is just an idea I had, I hope it can be used somehow.

#2 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

We have bridges that appear (construct) when a trigger event has occurred in the , with a bit of thought  perhaps this idea is possible.

My spin on this would be to have the ability to erect/place a ranging barricades requiring a skill to build and then maintain them as they are damaged by the horde. Kinda like remote healing the damage to the barricade.

Failure to do this would result in the mobs breaking through and swamping the team using it......... maybe....

#3 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:00 AM

Ranging barricades is indeed a nice idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users