Spawns in the new continent

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:03 AM

This post will mainly be in regards to the newer high level spawns created in the Dwarven Lands so far, as I have no real reason to go to the lower levels at this point- so I cannot comment on them.

Anyways, what is the deal with the new spawns in the Dwarven Lands, and Alroth as whole? I am unsure why all these spawns must be so team oriented in a game with maybe 2-3 high levels on at a time willing to train, given they are even active at that point in time. I understand wanting a team aspect, but this game is not designed for it to be completely team based. Harvesting doesn't require a team for higher items, and I could probably get 10k dung or yew before I could get a defense level on these new spawns. That it a problem.

Not to mention that all these spawns currently aren't just TEAM BASED, but also have multiple spawn levels, none being consistent. Why should I have to go through several caves, and outside maps, along with awaiting the respawn time in order to be able to find a single monster to kill them. It shouldn't take me a full minute to find the monster I had set to a spawn, because it decided to spawn 2 caves over, or on the exterior map. That isn't fair to player whatsoever.

The DCW spawn needs fixing, guaranteed, and the treacherously disgusting excuse of a spawn that Valunde cave has for feros is a great troll from Learner. Kudos for that, why would I want to train a spawn that can give various monsters, requires a team, and has several spawn points- requring map changes and hunts.

For example: The new DCW spawn, DueCE and I were there as a team, and still failed to properly train the map as the DCW never even respawned. We spent roughly 20 minutes before giving up searching through the various caves in there to find two, for them to not respawn again until that 45 minute-ish timer was up (Rough guess as they respawned eventually, but not in quality time), and god forbid if it were simple enough to understand where they could spawn.

Spawns need to have a soloable spawn, and a team spawn. There should be no reason that it has to just be one or the other (especially in this small community), and forcing teams in a community of less than 50 is terrible, we don't even have enough players to have 1 in each exterior map of alroth, let alone 2-3+ on a single spawn in 2-3 maps.

Also they don't have to even be the main trainable mobs from Eternal Lands, that is another faulty point I have noticed. We have several models not currently in use, so why not use them for monsters with new a/d's and being trainable, I know Ferans, Frost Trolls, etc. are decent or even great usable models, so why not create more monsters for us in game from them? You could even add Frost Trolls to TML4 and make that a soloable spawn similar to that of cycs, hell, it doesn't even have to be a frost troll. There could be another monster (or FT) with a frost troll as a boss atop the long walk of a mountain, the cold damage, etc. It won't be an easy spawn as you cannot use your best gear (iron set), and even if they did they will lose out of a fuck ton of resources and mana burning through the cold shield spell...

If spawns are going to stay like this and continue to be devloped like this, you'd better kiss other-life goodbye, everyone. Because the game will die. At that point it is inevitable.

#2 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:45 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 13 August 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

Spawns need to have a soloable spawn, and a team spawn.

I think this is the crux of what Eats is getting at, and I agree with it.  Solo mob "grinding" is a big part of EL/OL culture and it works really well up until a certain point.  The DCW/RD spawn seems a bit odd, but I don't think its intended to be for grinding exp.  I would've liked to have seen a separate dcw spawn in DL (with similar mechanics to the TD cyclops) and a separate RD spawn elsewhere (perhaps with a 24hr respawn timer).  Still, this spawn (and the new Yeti spawn in TML4) are better than nothing, so kudos for adding them Posted Image

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:54 AM

View PostDueCE, on 13 August 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

View PostEatsAllLife, on 13 August 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

Spawns need to have a soloable spawn, and a team spawn.

I think this is the crux of what Eats is getting at, and I agree with it.  Solo mob "grinding" is a big part of EL/OL culture and it works really well up until a certain point.  The DCW/RD spawn seems a bit odd, but I don't think its intended to be for grinding exp.  I would've liked to have seen a separate dcw spawn in DL (with similar mechanics to the TD cyclops) and a separate RD spawn elsewhere (perhaps with a 24hr respawn timer).  Still, this spawn (and the new Yeti spawn in TML4) are better than nothing, so kudos for adding them Posted Image

Yes exactly, and I do agree. These spawns are a good addition, but I feel they aren't at the "best" potential that they could be.
We see how hard it is to gather a team for a RTG high level, what makes you'd think a regular spawn would be different!
Overall, I feel that my progress in a game shouldn't be reliant or dependant on another player or players access to the game as that is an uncontrollable unpredictable factor. I should be able to train efficiently without waiting around for partners. It shouldn't be a maze or a puzzle to train the monters. Sure, a puzzle or maze to get to them is fine, but searching around aimlessly for longer than 30 seconds or a minute just to find the monster you killed shouldn't be a constant factor in training in any game.

#4 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:00 AM

What I have said from the start.. with one team based spawn, should also be a decent solo'able spawn. Learner does always mention balance right? I mean look at TD cycs, one is enticed to train there from 65 a/d, all the way through till 95+(crazy right, fucking ridiculous actually) because its a crazy good spawn and has been for years, but after that ur left with the biggest cliffhanger ever. But then says "dont train too fast" Posted Image really

You make a very good point Eats

#5 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

[Learner @ 6]: if they could walk in and out, it's at least a little bit more fair to the mobs

[Learner @ 6]: someone needs to side with the mobs or everything will turn shift

So we not gonna make spawns players can train or use, and only nice to look at now?

I think we just let the community have a forum, where they can say "hey thats a good place for a spawn with so and so mobs" and people talk about it and someone can make.

#6 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:07 PM

I would've liked to have seen a separate dcw spawn in DL (with similar mechanics to the TD cyclops) and a separate RD spawn elsewhere (perhaps with a 24hr respawn timer).  Still, this spawn (and the new Yeti spawn in TML4) are better than nothing, so kudos for adding them Posted Image
Agree with this cept the 24hour timer, 25 min timer would be nice considering the native RD drops are not that uber and if players want to burn through gear and other resources having fun taking them down best of luck to them imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users