themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostTorg, on 20 October 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

View PostMeneldor, on 20 October 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

It would be more intresting that attributes dictate which weapon/armor you can equip.
That's crap. You shouldn't be limited in what you can equip based on your build.

Your attribs could affect how effective or useless you are with a weapon, but it shouldn't stop you trying to use it.

(and this is way off topic anyway)

Seems to me that, between the both of you, you have the start of a very interesting idea.

Yup Torg has a point, in using attribs to affect how effectively a weapon can be used would have the advantage of allowing players to retain use of the widest number of weapons, but don't be so quick to throw away meneldor's idea. If you make it such that a weapon is all but useless at a certain level of attribute, you may just as well stop it being equipped at that point.

I think both of you need to pool and discuss your ideas a little more as (imho) it's certainly worthy of it. I'd say do it here but, after six pages of sundry ****, this thread ain't in the best of health and it's already seriously in need of being put out of it's misery. Under the circumstances,  it would be a shame to lose the only positive and constructive thing to come out of it. ;)

Hoping one or both of you guys will take this forward into another thread.

#103 PaulB

PaulB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

Banning someone for something they did in another game is beyond reasoning.  No matter how connected the two are.  St_arcane has some serious issues with the moderation team in eternal lands but he didn't spam OL channel chat with "hi burn" so why punish him here?

Let the mod team in EL deal with issues related to EL rules and learn to deal with OL moderations as a fresh start.  If you cannot seperate the two games then it's not a Other Life.

You promoted this game as a community driven game so to make it simple, create a pole and ask simply "Should breaking rules in Eternal Lands warrant a punishment in Other Life" Yes or No.  Simple.

As far as the whole Burn issues goes...

Burn is a grown man who loathes human contact.  That's right folks.  He is worth seven pickpoints and it's a big negative.

The fact that he is allowed to moderate is as confussing as any decision EL has ever made.  There is no reason a lock from channel chat and a ignore from Burn won't fix.

Instead the moderation team makes a huge issue about it by feeding the trolls and gaining them attention.

You have no issue deleting post from forums but you have a ban thread.  Why have a ban thread for a game that doesn't allow moderation for public discussion?  Again feeding the troll.

Allowing your mods to verbally bash players yet delete players insulting mods.  Angering the troll.

Eternal Lands mod team is just as much at fault.  And that is most certainly the 100% truth.

I wish OL the best but I will not take part in the game.  Not because of my outlook on EL but simply because I am just not interested.

#104 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostPaulB, on 21 October 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Burn is a grown man who loathes human contact.  That's right folks.  He is worth seven pickpoints and it's a big negative.

10... but I wont pull you up on details :<

And TBH: For now we should all treat it as 1 account, 2 games... like Aeria Games or some other multi-platform game website where if you get banned on one game you get banned on all, seems fair, but as always, people will feel so hard done by, where if they just behaved properly in the first instance we wouldn't be here, because untill we have something going properly, OL is still EL's sister game and in a way it has to be treated like that, IDK Why this topic is still going on, and most wont agree with my opinion but that's what it is....

#105 iowa

iowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

If you cannot seperate the two games then it's not a Other Life.

Again feeding the troll. Angering the troll.

I wish OL the best but I will not take part in the game.  Not because of my outlook on EL but simply because I am just not interested.

Paul, Im curious as to why you are writing your post. You say you dont want to take part in the game ,not interested, so why bother making an account and writing here.
You feel it is needed to emphasize that EL and OL are 2 different games, yet you use your post to vent about EL moderation.
You are writing in a thread that has been discussed endlessly and is resolved; you offer no new insights into the matter.

At this moment we need players who are interested in making this a very good game, not forum trolls.

#106 PaulB

PaulB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

View Postiowa, on 22 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

If you cannot seperate the two games then it's not a Other Life.

Again feeding the troll. Angering the troll.

Paul, Im curious as to why you are writing your post. You say you dont want to take part in the game ,not interested, so why bother making an account and writing here.
You feel it is needed to emphasize that EL and OL are 2 different games, yet you use your post to vent about EL moderation.
You are writing in a thread that has been discussed endlessly and is resolved; you offer no new insights into the matter.

At this moment we need players who are interested in making this a very good game, not forum trolls.

I think you need to learn what a forum troll is before you accuss someone of such.

My post was not inflammatory, it was not off-topic nor was anything I said false.  I stated facts and I even shared my point of view on the subject this thread was speaking of.

Just because I have no interest in playing EL or OL I can still offer advice or criticism.  I do have 6-7 years experience with EL which could very well be more than you might have.  But a word of advice for you here.  It's clueless people like you who drive people away from a game.  Who wants to hang around and play with a person who has their head so far up their ass?  Nobody.  And yes, the last two sentances were semi trolling but also the truth.

Good day to you :)

Again, I wish OL the best.

#107 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hate to say this Paul, but I rather like Iowa's post.

On the surface, It's thoughtful, considered and quite understated; underneath it's a masterpiece of strategy and surgical precision. Consider yourself pwnt!

Yup, in some ways it's beyond funny watching you, the 6-7 year veteran, and consummate textual warrior, getting utterly, completely and hopelessly hoisted by some complete nub. However, when Iowa says 'At this moment we need players who are interested in making this a very good game', I kind of suspect it echo's what everyone else here is thinking.

That's a shame because, elsewhere, you are an intelligent, knowledgeable and entertaining guy, certainly someone who's posts I admire and enjoy.

#108 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

bans system i SSIICCKK.thanks

#109 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1215 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostFire, on 02 February 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

bans system i SSIICCKK.thanks
completely irrelevant..and there was no need to bring back up old topics about bans..

#110 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

codux such a pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users