109 replies to this topic

#41 Torg

Torg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostInfamous, on 05 October 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

imo St_Arcane didn't do much wrong, what he did was in EL and highly doubt the grudge with Burn that has been around longer then OL was a way to hurt OL.

I agree, he was being annoying, but he wasn't doing anything "wrong", but it can potentially still affect OL. (keep reading)

View PostKorrode, on 05 October 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Fuck EL :D being "nice" and "positive" towards EL shouldn't be a requirement of being a member of the OL community.
<snip>

That said i don't have any plans to actually log into EL to 'vandalise' it, but don't expect to see me being generally positive towards it, and I certainly don't think those who do should get banned here.
<snip>
EDIT:
Who cares why. What does it have to do with anything here?
<snip>
Eww.
I wouldn't want anything from Radu and I wouldn't give him anything either.

The whole problem is that the OL code is licensed from Radu. We all know what Radu's temper is like and if he gets pissed off with people from OL he could take away the license and then where would we be?

#42 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostTorg, on 05 October 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

The whole problem is that the OL code is licensed from Radu. We all know what Radu's temper is like and if he gets pissed off with people from OL he could take away the license and then where would we be?
So we're at Radu's beck and call? idontthinksomate
I certainly won't allow what Radu thinks to have even 0.00000000000001% impact on restricting anything i choose to say or do. If that results in getting banned from OL, so be it.

#43 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2864 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

This isn't about being at his beck and call. It's about it still being beneficial to OL to be able to work with EL. For example, we are passing bug fixes back and forth, including one he found in the summoning that could have unexpected results, including possible crashing the server, which he brought to my attention.

#44 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostLearner, on 05 October 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

This isn't about being at his beck and call. It's about it still being beneficial to OL to be able to work with EL. For example, we are passing bug fixes back and forth, including one he found in the summoning that could have unexpected results, including possible crashing the server, which he brought to my attention.
So what exactly do you expect from people due to the fact you're working with Radu?

#45 Infamous

Infamous

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

i think Radu is wise enough to understand you and other players are different. and that if someone calls him a name or w/e it has nothing to do with you.

besides i doubt radu is even remotely bothered by troublemakers in EL, that's what the mod team is for. to eliminate all and every sort of issue, minor or big so that Radu can reddit.

#46 mistral

mistral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

on the subject ST acted without thinking (messing OL and EL), and Learner over-reacted...
Ban was unfair, but ST should just get a warning.
Idk and i dont want to know the business relationship between radu and Learner.

#47 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

View Postmistral, on 05 October 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

on the subject ST acted without thinking (messing OL and EL)
But he didn't "mess OL and EL".

View Postmistral, on 05 October 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Ban was unfair, but ST should just get a warning.
A warning in OL for saying something in EL that's completely unrelated to OL?

St_A didn't get on channel 6 and say "EL IS TEH SUCK OL IS OWNAGE SCREW U RADU LEARNER FOR PRESIDENT".

What he said had nothing to do with OL.

Think about what you're saying.

#48 mistral

mistral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

EL and OL are related , all players used to play EL, game is atm almost the same, what i am trying to say, there is no point keeping old grudges since we try to make a new start here. What ST did might create problems with people at EL and OL, since 90% has chars to both servers, eventually (even a pm ) might start a flame war @6 or @1 . I think that is what learner is trying to avoid.

#49 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

View Postmistral, on 06 October 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

EL and OL are related
but

players used to play EL

there is no point keeping old grudges

we try to make a new start here
Your own post points out the desired and intentional separation from EL.

I can see bolding "Think" has not helped the situation.

What ST did might create problems with people at EL and OL
Any inflammatory act done by anyone in EL could resonate in OL if the 'victim' plays here as well.
If Dilly PM's SouL with an inappropriate link in EL is she going to get punished here?
If Groomsh has a flame sesssion with Aislinn in EL is he going to be punished here?
If Tyrannis spreads rumours that Nova is her secret lover in EL is she going to get punished here?

Once again, THINK.

You can't have a policy of dealing out punishment here for acts done in EL. There's a thousand good, logical reasons why, but they're not even needed, due to the fact that having such a policy is simply really, really... lame.

#50 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

But meanwhile, I'm supposed to sit here and listen to infamous mod-bash EL's mods in OL every day?
Can't have it both ways.  It isn't separate, because people are unable to drop it.  Their own comments and actions dictate that. So until these people grow up and get over it and move on, it will NEVER be separate.

#51 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostAislinn, on 06 October 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

But meanwhile, I'm supposed to sit here and listen to infamous mod-bash EL's mods in OL every day?

What are you proposing? That you punish Infamous in EL for his actions in OL?

Just put him on #ignore, or even better, debunk whatever he's saying if he's wrong.

#52 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Fuck that. Like I haven't done that umpteen times.  If I am expected to worry about "fair" then I expect it in return.  It's not a one way street.
You know what? This is bullshit.  Everyone needs to grow up and stop looking for excuses to go act like pigs.

#53 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Well, their opinions are considered valid by other people, just not by you, probably because they put you in a bad light.

You are just used to having a way to silence people causing you frustrations where you are incapable of proving them wrong, or changing their opinion.

Take this thread for example, I know I am in the right and that learner acted rashly and wrongly, but I'm already over it and am not even bothering arguing with the silly posts trying to justify it. Even if you think you are right, you have no other tools at you disposal here than your words to change opinions, if you are incapable to do so, just let it go, ranting and raving will only incite people to rebut and pull in more spectators, wasting time that could be used for brainstorming new ideas.

Just laugh it off or ignore them.

#54 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Yeah that's it.  I'm concerned what somebody like you or infamous thinks.  Nor would I waste my time trying to change some malcontents' minds.  
The hypocrisy is amazing.  You and your group, of all people, are going to lecture on ranting and raving?
If this is what people are going to see, the worst of EL taking refuge here, it won't do too well.

#55 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'll take your word for that, but throwing tantrums all the time is not helping your case.

Take the information given to you and forget the source.

#56 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Fine I'm having a tantrum.  I'm ticked off.  
I admit it.  Take it and run with it.  Pretend you have a clue what makes me tick and what is bothering me here.

#57 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostAislinn, on 06 October 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

Fuck that. Like I haven't done that umpteen times.  If I am expected to worry about "fair" then I expect it in return.  It's not a one way street.
I'm 100% in favor of you being afforded every 'right' and 'fairness' that anyone else is being afforded, of course i am, what i don't understand is what exactly it is you feel is currently unfair on you? What is being afforded to others that isn't being afforded to you?
(Seriously if there is something it certainly should be addressed.)

View PostAislinn, on 06 October 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

You know what? This is bullshit.  Everyone needs to grow up and stop looking for excuses to go act like pigs.
Don't know if it's directed at me Aisy but obviously I personally am not looking for an excuse to act like anything in EL, because I don't play EL and don't intend to ever again while Radu is at the helm.

(EDIT: added "while radu is at the helm")

#58 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

No that wasn't directed at you.  Like it or not, you and radu are both very stubborn and very much alike in some ways and will forever butt heads, but those arguments weren't because you were out to make trouble.  You always had EL's best interests at heart and tried very hard to help.  I  get that.  I understand better than most probably.  And it's also why you can't compare your situation with this one.  Such different reasons for the trouble.  That does matter.

I understand where you are coming from here but this isn't a black and white situation.  You like to deal with black and white, one size fits all.  And in my opinion, that just isn't possible.

#59 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hi Aislinn

Edited by Learner, 06 October 2012 - 09:02 AM.
Video removved

#60 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

I will just inform you now, I'm not bothering with the video. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users