3 replies to this topic

#1 real_jo

real_jo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

Hi everyone,

i made a quick dds map for Alroth, cause i am not very good at remembering the position and abbreviations of the new maps on Alroth.
Just sharing in case someone wants it.
Dont wonder, why its called irilion.dds inside the uploaded zip-file.
Since the autoupdate mechanism effectively prevents certain client modifications, you have to do the following (or something equivalent) to use it while playing:
1) turn off autoupdate in your 'ol.ini'
2) delete the alroth.dds in your autoupdate maps folder, if present (usually in <documents>\Other-Life\updates\1_9_5\maps\ )
3) replace irilion.dds in the client map folder with the attachment unzipped (usually in <programfiles>\Other-Life\maps\ )

File: irilion.zip

regards
Jo

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

I do caution people against turning autoupdate off unless they are prepared to regularly turn it back on to get caught up on updates or you will end up having map issues as things continue to change.

#3 real_jo

real_jo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

ok, not sure if its even necessary, if one starts with replacing the irilion.dds in the game dir

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

View Postreal_jo, on 25 August 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

ok, not sure if its even necessary, if one starts with replacing the irilion.dds in the game dir
irilion.dds is part of the autoupdate package because it keeps changing, and updated files override anything in the install directory tree. It's normal for that file to change a couple times a monthly ... mostly for the people active in Test instead of Main.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users