• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:10 AM

First, I would like to thank everyone because I am really enjoying this game. I promised Alddra to write this post in relation to necessary resources in current and new Realms.

In this way we have different types of resources: plants, ores, minerals and other (branches, logs, dung, …).

Since I returned to the game I have explored the new maps in search of the best sites to collect these resources. After this search, in my opinion, we need more resources in Alroth.

I am going to start analyzing the most basic resource in this post: plants.

In the game there are a lot of plants but currently most of them have no use, there are no extracts or high-level potions in OL, so only basic flowers are used: blue star flower, impatiens, lilacs, red snapdragons, tiger lily, blue lupine, chrysanthemum, cactus, red rose, white asiatic lily, swamp candles, sunflowers and red toadstool. There are other plants with a very limited use: yellow rose, black rose and cotton.

For these flowers I have not found in Alroth any good places where it is worth collecting them. The main reasons are: 1) there are not many flowers on these maps, and 2) if you find them, those places are far away from the nearest storage.

In the old maps there are two great maps to collect all kinds of flowers: VOTD and NK. These maps are very small maps with an outside storage so the time you spend walking and clicking doors is minimal. Also, there are no aggressive creatures (except goblin, but they have a low ignore level).

In Alroth we only have an almost developed realm: the Dwarven Lands (DL). In this realm there are only three maps with a storage: Lothend (LD - inside, three doors), Alkh-Endune (AE - outside) and Drakensbane (DB - inside, one door). LD and AE are great maps for harvesting some ores and minerals (LD - silver ore and quartz, AE coal and sulfur). DB could have a lot of potential to collect all types of flowers, but the only problem is this map has native orcs so DB is not good for new players who need to start collecting these flowers.

In order to solve this issue, I propose some alternatives:

1) When Zian designs the new realms, he can build some maps similar to VOTD or NK: outside storage, non aggressive creatures and resources near the storage.

2) Some current maps can be changed (Aldath - AD, Thalendale -TH or Zerimor -ZM) in order to add an outside storage and lots of flowers. These maps include some farms and many forest areas. I really like TH because: 1) there are no aggressive creatures, 2) this is a small map, 3) you can quickly reach this map through LD, 4) there is even a flower shop, so it can help new players if they decide to sell the flowers to the NPC. If you like this alternative  storage location can be near the ring exit: Thalendale - Gypsy Caravan [near 220,223]. Close to this location I only found a lilac bush and the Thalendale Silver Mine. In my opinion, if we do these changes this map will be very similar to VOTD.

3) Similar to EL, we can add some very nice spots for an only flower in current maps with storage. For example, I always harvest cactus in DP.

I hope the information in this post can be useful to improve the game. I will try to analyze the harvestable items left soon.

Thank you very much again.
Yulin_Old Posted Image

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:30 AM

Thank you for posting this Yulin Posted Image

#3 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:58 AM

Yes, thanks for the input Yulin!

Regards
Z

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Can we get included some double harvest nodes for some flowers similar to the ones in PL and NK else i will just go there to harvest and not to Alroth for my BST and other potion mats

#5 Jandor

Jandor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:10 PM

Also, we seriously need something similar to TD in the old maps where there is a 1 sec cool down, as many of us mix there for that very reason.  And I really like Yulin's suggestions btw.

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

Z is very aware of whats in Seridia, including TD and ALL harvestables available. I'm leaving it to his discretion for how it's al distributed, and what you have now is only a small fraction of Alroth!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users