#1 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:05 PM

Hi,

One would think that castle walls would be tailor made for defenders to shoot arrows, throw burning oil, heavy rocks etc down upon their enemies on the other side.

In OL this is what happens when you try range from the top of walls....

No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!

Currently the only option is to store your 100k bow, grab sword and armor and wade into the fray and hope you dont die too quickly.

For those who say ranging like that is without risk have not spent 10gc per "training" arrow and shot 10s of 1000s of them clearing millions of gc from their storage's for fun in an invasion only to watch the loot bags poof in the rolling mass of the horde, to them i can only say gc sink , gc sink, gc sink, gc sink........

Can we get ranging spots like walls of castles and ramparts fixed so rangers can range and play a roll in clearing maps of invading mobs?

omg.

#2 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:47 PM

The role of a tank, healer and rangers in OL (Puff - Red Dragon uber level boss).

NOTE: I have yet to see team work like this in the EL videos I've watched that were not PK ones.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

PS. Had to clear the map of cyce horde with a sword with Zian before we could have some fun on the puff horde.... oh and lots of views on the topic about ranging spots,  but yet to hear any replies it must be not important enough for other players at this point in time... Posted Image

#3 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:07 AM

View Postohmygod, on 15 September 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hi,

One would think that castle walls would be tailor made for defenders to shoot arrows, throw burning oil, heavy rocks etc down upon their enemies on the other side.

No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!

Currently the only option is to store your 100k bow, grab sword and armor and wade into the fray and hope you dont die too quickly.

For those who say ranging like that is without risk have not spent 10gc per "training" arrow and shot 10s of 1000s of them clearing millions of gc from their storage's for fun in an invasion only to watch the loot bags poof in the rolling mass of the horde, to them i can only say gc sink , gc sink, gc sink, gc sink........

Can we get ranging spots like walls of castles and ramparts fixed so rangers can range and play a roll in clearing maps of invading mobs?

omg.

I'll see what I can do! :)

Regards
Z

#4 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

View PostZian, on 18 September 2019 - 06:07 AM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 15 September 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hi,

No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!
No line of fire!

omg.

I'll see what I can do! Posted Image

Regards
Z

Ok! I've made a modification to the MG town 'walls' along the main gate to allow rangers to stand between the wall's crenelations. This should help!

The update will be rolled out as soon as L has the opportunity!

Regards
Z

#5 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Zian

I probably should not have used the word "fixed" as they were not broken, just unsuitable for ranging from as they were in original roll out.

On ya!

omg

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2717 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:02 PM

View Postohmygod, on 18 September 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Thanks Zian

I probably should not have used the word "fixed" as they were not broken, just unsuitable for ranging from as they were in original roll out.

On ya!

omg
Zian knows what you intended to mean, and I also had a detailed discussion with him as to how the server handles ranging before he even started to attempt an changes.

A not to players, the server  does try to see if there is a physical route the arrow can follow , and then checks to see if there is something in the way between the bow and the server defined target point on the mob (not where you clicked), so using some views (like top down) can obscure obstacles that might be in the way, even First Person isn't accurate, since the arrow is from the bow as well, but can have a better chance to check except when large mobs are involved.

Z is working hard to address issues to improve the ranging issues, currently focused on Morog on Test. Bit don't assume just because you can target the mob that the shot can make it. I even explain how mobs close to the wall can't be hit because the floor might be in the way!

your :EBUL: god
Learner

#7 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Did a quick test on test server , works well. Posted Image

Looking forward to it coming to main

#8 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

View Postohmygod, on 18 September 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Did a quick test on test server , works well. Posted Image

Looking forward to it coming to main

Thanks for the test OMG, I'm NOT a ranger so appreciate the test and happy to hear you like!

Your humble map guy!

Regards
Z

#9 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for the test OMG, I'm NOT a ranger so appreciate the test and happy to hear you like!
I know you are not a ranger/mixer/harvester/summoner/mage and that prefer your fighter build/game. I myself am having fun trying out the other combat skills we have in game as i believe that pure a/d fighter build has reached it limits due to the highend mobs stats we have currently in game (at least until new weapons, armors and perks are added).

I like very muchley all your maps, and even more so when little tweeks are added based on player feedback to make them even more enjoyable/playable.

omg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users