• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:03 AM

Ok I know EHE's have been thrown around before. But as I was making He's I recalled how we been discussing fail restore = dead UW. So my idea was an EHE could prevent the dreaded fail restore. I talked to Hal about it. We then discussed how to use/cast, he presented the awesome idea of it acting like a saving stone. But instead of prevent critical fails it prevents the restore fail and heals you like normal restore. Just an idea, feel free to add more insights or criticize the idea. :)

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:06 AM

Sounds like a great idea.  Will think more on it in the future:)

#3 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:19 AM

Wow!!! this is a fantastic idea, not only does it bring even more value to mixers but it also helps to solve a problem that has a lot of complaints lately. I think this is a great solution. Very interested to see where this goes :) Great Job Sephi!!!.

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

IMO it gets around the spell fail but at the cost of an EHE = + 1 for mixers +1 for a new  market item + 1 to tanks/healers

I dont think it would be a game breaker as ehe's will need to be mixed to start with and would poof out of the game every spell fail.

How hard would it be to code for this?

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2717 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:47 AM

View Postohmygod, on 27 September 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

IMO it gets around the spell fail but at the cost of an EHE = + 1 for mixers +1 for a new  market item + 1 to tanks/healers

I dont think it would be a game breaker as ehe's will need to be mixed to start with and would poof out of the game every spell fail.

How hard would it be to code for this?
This does conflict some ideas of using EHE for AOE healing, both combined would make them VERY expensive!

#6 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

Really great idea. But I think that making it act like a saving stone will really only make it an item for players with high magic. personally i would like to see it act more like day of the dead. So if you were to die with this item in your inventory, the item will be used and you will respawn (with an amount of hp that can be discussed).  With it being used in that way you would have more people interested in using the item, it would still take care of the fail restore = uw problem and you wouldn't risk wasting an EHE for a non critical restore fail.

#7 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:37 AM

Personally i dont like the EHE idea, it would make sense as L suggested for AOE healing, but its a one time use? uhm, nah i dont like it, feels too close to EL otherwise with like a rosto. Maybe if the enriched ess would cast some healing-over-time instead, so its one use, but lasts longer than one zap

#8 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:48 AM

I like the AOE over time idea. It gives better use to mages (maybe effects will increase with build?), will really help against bosses with the iglow and it won't act like a guaranteed no death (rosto feel) item.

#9 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

Why do we not have a HoT heal in itself? Why does it have to req. an EHE?
*Fixed*

#10 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

What you mean by dot heal? first time hearing it myself, is that known terminology from EL

#11 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

View PostWarlock, on 27 September 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

What you mean by dot heal? first time hearing it myself, is that known terminology from EL

No, it was improper terminology. DOT = Damage over Time, what he means is an AOE (Area of Effect).

#12 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Well then in that case, HEs are more meant for single player heals. And because Enriched essies are 100 times stronger than their normal essies they could have the power to do the AOE effect.

#13 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:53 PM

View Postshadowgate, on 27 September 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Well then in that case, HEs are more meant for single player heals. And because Enriched essies are 100 times stronger than their normal essies they could have the power to do the AOE effect.

We have an AoE heal that reqs. He's. I was saying to what Warlock posted seems like possible suggestions themselves. Why not HoT spell or AoE heal that heals people around. To which if a thread was made about them needing EHE I would then inquire as to why? :P

Where my idea is suited for mixers, and fighters. Its not intended as a rosto effect. I mean you're gonna die when you run out of EHE and He's for that matter so its not preventing death or a save my bag death. When you play with high end creatures or invasions with lots of mobs you are going to die regardless xD
I think its more niche than rosto-ish. Giving the fact its audience will be people fighting lots of mobs or bosses leaning more the boss side/high end creature side.

#14 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

This does conflict some ideas of using EHE for AOE healing, both combined would make them VERY expensive!
Current AOE healing spell (Heal "Allies") I have not seen in general use as 1.It costs too much already and best to cast remote heal to each of the "MELEE" players taking iglow/mirror damage 2. The other players need to be in guild or an allied guild. and 3. this is the huge one, it cant be cast in combat..where it is most beneficial to the team/players getting mobbed by mobs.

So AOE healing (Heal "Allie" spell) unless rejigged will continue to remain unused as a go to spell in my personal spellbook. Getting off the subject with this AOE/HOT stuff imo make another topic for that. Heal Allie is a relatively useless spell at the moment.

Getting back to EHE and their use as a "saving stone" type item for magic fails, Cost would be determined by the rate to make them, and then up to players to determine if expense vs benefit sits well with them for use in their game play. I have a feeling i would not be carrying them around in my bag to poof while clearing hordes but would most likely save for boss fights.

#15 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

I’m not a fan of the day of the dead idea - seems a little OP, especially in PvP.  A bigger, stronger AoE heal over time sounds very useful and benefits the entire team on the other hand.

#16 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:01 PM

A bigger, stronger AoE heal over time
Original topic just died. Yet another Idea to gather dust on the forums due to pvp concerns.

Staying off topic, how many heal allie spells have you cast on your counters vs remote heal and why so few?

#17 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:48 PM

View Postohmygod, on 27 September 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

A bigger, stronger AoE heal over time
Original topic just died. Yet another Idea to gather dust on the forums due to pvp concerns.

Staying off topic, how many heal allie spells have you cast on your counters vs remote heal and why so few?

I just dont believe this is a great item design for PVP.  Might as well give them #demigod

I don't have many Heal Allies casts on counters mainly for the reasons you already stated.  There isn't much AoE damage in the game, outside the effects of iglow and self-destruct. Again, thinking of the big picture here, I would expect this to change.  As more forms of AoE damage are introduced, the more I will use HA.

Maybe a focused, strong single-target Heal-over-time (HoT) is a better idea than the AoE HoT.

Just my 2 cents, not trying to shut down this idea, you just need to let me know how this item design will A) be scalable and B) appeal to ALL players, not just the current PvE playerbase we have

#18 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:05 PM

Might as well give them #demigod
Have you tested new swords on test? Any new item or ideaa in this case will always seem OP especially when we have been using the same stuff and no real game play changes since the creation of this game way back when.

People saying tit serps are too OP and always the go to weapon (lol?), lets not forget to mention that mirrors allow my a/d 68/71 toon to solo all bosses in game except Puff even without this "saving EHE".

Having 25ms ping is an advantage in OL dissing out of a spell fail at that ping and surviving is a lot easier than trying to do the same thing at 300-800ms ping.

PS i risk very regularly 280+kgc worth of gear to take down PVE mobs 2-3x higher than my current CL. PVP "leopard" attacks risk a few gc worth of ess and pots. Not sure how a costly spell saving option will ruin PVP for you when you PKing afk harvesters or Cyc trainers? I reckon it would be safe to say that an afk harvester or a cyc trainer will not have on them a spell fail "saving stone/EHE".....please feel free to correct me if i am on the wrong track here with  current OL PK strategy.

PPS. the topic is about a saving stone for spell fails and having the ability for players to have another item to mix when making HEs, not about AOE healing or HOTs, they can be found in other thread gathering dust. Dont get me wrong i like those ideas as well.

Will stop replying now, not even my idea this thing i just thought it was a nice idea and would be easy to implement  Posted Image

omg

#19 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:12 AM

I just don't think the saving stone is a good item design (for items or for health points).  The new swords on test are strong yes, but only if used right... they are situational.  The saving stone item design is a meta that has no real downside and has the potential to break PvP (not just with "leopard attacks", think of a PK deathmatch or a tournament, the number of Enriched Health Essences a player has could easily decide a fight).

Not gonna reply to your other BS lol, if you guys really feel strongly on this item design bring it to a poll and ask L to prioritize it

#20 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:54 PM

Thought forums were for discussing new ideas, not arguing among ourselvesPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users