• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:10 PM

Hi, I have never been one to engage in pk, however it seems to me that there are unwritten rules of engagement.  It is my hope that a few of the games pk experts will be willing to share their thoughts here on the proper rules of engagement so that new players and those like myself who have never played EL will not make mistakes when they decide to participate in this aspect of the game. Questions that come to mind are the treatment of death bags and what to do during invasions. Is it just a free for all or is there a proper time to engage and a proper time to not engage? Thanks to anyone who can provide info.

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:48 PM

Be aware that no matter what the rules of engagement are, there will always players that don't follow them, some which relish breaking the rules on purpose!

#3 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:53 PM

The written rule is dont go to PK maps if you dont want to be PKed, however with the advent of regular weekend invasions and the placement by game designers of top quality native spawns in PK maps, if you dont go to a PK map to clear the invasion or train the spawn you are most likely to get left behind in terms of a/d levels or uber loot drops that are required for high level item manuer.

OL game designers seem to think that staking PVE players to certain and well known native spawn locations in pk maps with the lure of xp or loot makes the game fun for the 10min log in log off ebul pker. We certainly need to encourage these types of PK players more for sure, as we do not have enough pure PVE players who like to form teams and take on the challenge of downing difficult bosses as it is.  Posted Image

proper rules of engagement so that new players and those like myself who have never played EL
In EL they quickly moved away from high risk PvP and introduced what is known as a rostogol stone or rosto. A rosto is kinda like having a no drop day in your bag and it poofs when you die. The cost of a rosto is $5usd from ingame shop and is commonly known as a "brick" which allows the game designer/owner to build his mansion with the help of the players who are addicted to the game and even those casual PvE players who clicked on the wrong mob. Overtime and for certain addicted EL PK players busting another players "brick" was not enough so, an item that broke their gear was introduced called a Branch of destruction or Brod and you didnt have to actually get the player killed to piss them off. The game owner still made $ by selling items such as EFE or other rare ings needed to make replacement armor/items that would otherwise take many hours/days of game time to replace in full. PvP went dead in EL but i notice that PVE mobs have items that can break your gear now, good one for saving the in game shop item sales.

Seeing how there is no rostos in OL or mansions to be built I wonder why OL needs to move down the EL path in relation to PK.

Is it just a free for all or is there a proper time to engage and a proper time to not engage?
Opps got off topic.  :P .. It is just a free for all based on how players feel at the time I would think.

#4 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:55 PM

I havent been into PKing for quite some time now myself, i'd just hope that nobody PKs me during invasion'ing, especially not while there is a good fun team working together

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

The brick is simply a way for Radu to pull in $'s. but it also brings in a lot of P2WIN with it, Just like Radu lowered the chance to find/make EFE so he could sell more.

#6 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

Also note that while PK maps may have better spawns, there are always going to be a second option for a slower rate spawn of the same mob, like skf. Atleast thats one convo that has come up before. Unsure if this is how it will be in the future of OL, nobody has even stated where FT's will end up for sure if this is what youre talking about OMG

#7 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:16 PM

Still my question is are there unwritten rules of engagement or not? It doesn't matter to me if they exist or not. I just do not want to be crucified in game chat or forums for crossing a line that I am unaware even exists.

#8 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:07 PM

skullpants, on 01 November 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Still my question is are there unwritten rules of engagement or not? It doesn't matter to me if they exist or not. I just do not want to be crucified in game chat or forums for crossing a line that I am unaware even exists.

Be aware that no matter what the rules of engagement are, there will always players that don't follow them, some which relish breaking the rules on purpose!

Also note that while PK maps may have better spawns, there are always going to be a second option for a slower rate spawn of the same mob, like skf. Atleast thats one convo that has come up before. Unsure if this is how it will be in the future of OL, nobody has even stated where FT's will end up for sure if this is what youre talking about OMG
Kinda in part...
What is the purpose of designing slower spawning spawns outside of PK map?

#9 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

PKing isn't an aspect of the game that I've ever been interested in.

Having said that, my own personal rule is I don't PK anyone during Invasions. I also realize that while on a PK map it's understood that I can be attacked at any time.

Regards
Z

#10 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

Thank you for your response Zian. So it seems that I was mistaken and there are no real unwritten rules of pk engagement. There are only personal choices. I can live with that.

#11 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

Kill them all, is one option.

But personally I never attacked anyone in invasions, except only 1 or 2 occasions. I got attacked ALOT of times while training. Even once 2 mages did strike me but I got away. :P

#12 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:32 PM

There are no rules, simply courtesy. If we choose to not attack during invasion, sure. Generally- if you are part of a guild or have irritated me, I will not hesitate to attack at any time- UNLESS TEAMED UP.
IF I am in a PK map  during an invasion, and YOU are as well, but we ARE NOT teamed up- I am gonna try and kill you to keep more of these monsters I like to myself.

Though, I have ONE sentence to sum up this whole thing as there are NO rules, and there are actually two warnings!

Warning! This leads into a PK (Player Killing) map.    
and
Warning! You just entered a PKing map! This means other players can attack you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users