19 replies to this topic

#1 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNorth of Québec

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:57 AM

To me it's a game and food should just be removed from that.
But I know that won't happen…
So all we could do its try to make it all suffer from it.

When food is positive:

• Att: No penalty

• Def: No penalty

• Harvesting: Harvest faster

• Mixing Skills*: Can mix

When food is negative:

• Att/Def: No penalty

• Attributes: should have some neg effect (Less Acc,Might, Perc)

• Harvesting: Harvest slowly

• Mixing Skills: Can’t mix

*Mixing skills:

• We could remove food/items to mix. So when food is positive it just allow us to mix.

• Or reduce food/items cost to mix. Like max 1 food/ items.

And if we are keeping food in game, increasing base food would be nice too. 45 to 100+ some give nice suggestion like food could increase based on OA too.

Tell us what you think :)

#2 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

Need to add reading books

#3 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostAshitaka, on 14 December 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

And if we are keeping food in game, increasing base food would be nice too. 45 to 100+ some give nice suggestion like food could increase based on OA too.

Tell us what you think Posted Image

I'm all for any pos/negs to food level. I'm nearly always positive even whilst harvesting its just natural to my gameplay now.

Further to the suggestion about OA, with the current base food level of 45, adding 1 food level per oa, would allow a max of 150 food level at oa 105. Considering food is just another consumable, it doesn't really impact time it takes to manufacture an item - more of an annoyance and not really a challenge so I see no argument that would weight heavily against not implementing this (in no way is this OP! all benefit from this wether mixer or fighter).

I would also opt for a rework of some food level requirements. Diss rings as an example.

#4 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:30 PM

I always thought that cause we changed mules to packs...making a Belt of Greater Food? Or a Medalion of Fast Food? Or something that is unique to OL might be a good idea?

At the moment there isn't a requirement to have food while fighting, if this was the case then a Belt of Greater Food could cause issues when broken but as this isn't the case no point I guess.

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:43 PM

View PostSAWolf, on 15 December 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

I always thought that cause we changed mules to packs...making a Belt of Greater Food? Or a Medalion of Fast Food? Or something that is unique to OL might be a good idea?

At the moment there isn't a requirement to have food while fighting, if this was the case then a Belt of Greater Food could cause issues when broken but as this isn't the case no point I guess.
I have considered negative effect (such as lower X-attrs) with food level is negative. Just so many more important priorities.

#6 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

Dislike that idea personally. I could see EQ slots being shifted up, and 4 new EQ slots being free. Belt or whatever i dont think should take up a slot needed for the basic combat we have?

If we got a couple extra slots, then sure i could see a neg effect on Xattributes or Accu/eva etc, just if we had something else to counter it like the belt SAW suggested

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:32 PM

View PostWarlock, on 15 December 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Dislike that idea personally. I could see EQ slots being shifted up, and 4 new EQ slots being free. Belt or whatever i dont think should take up a slot needed for the basic combat we have?

If we got a couple extra slots, then sure i could see a neg effect on Xattributes or Accu/eva etc, just if we had something else to counter it like the belt SAW suggested
Any changes to EQ slots are currently a pain! bBoth the server  must agree since the worn slots are simply the last INV slots and the server can't specify how many,

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostSAWolf, on 15 December 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

The current Client,Server & Protocol designs don't allow for adding more slots, the packs work since they only add more EMU.

#9 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:10 AM

We took a Fur cloak and made it a "pack"....

Take a Medallion and make it a "Belt"...use the same slots as the previous items

#10 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:36 AM

View PostSAWolf, on 17 December 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

We took a Fur cloak and made it a "pack"....

Take a Medallion and make it a "Belt"...use the same slots as the previous items
A pack adds more EMU and that is all. The Client, Server, & Protocol do not allow for adding more slots without major rewrites. The work item slots are just a special case of being the last inventory slots and both the Client & Server have special coding to handle that. Any change to that require all three be changed at the same time. Even the number of slots and how many are worn items is hard coded in many places in the Server (and maybe event the Client) and I'm not sure if I've found them all yet.

#11 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

how about some kind of usable item, that itll give you that effect for 30 minutes and then u have to use it again, also breakable but small chance or idk... like a TP ring combined with a spell/potion effect... im sure you could make it work without changin trashy inv

#12 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostKurama, on 18 December 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

how about some kind of usable item, that itll give you that effect for 30 minutes and then u have to use it again, also breakable but small chance or idk... like a TP ring combined with a spell/potion effect... im sure you could make it work without changin trashy inv
"give you that effect", if you are talking about temporarily increasing the number of inv clost it still has the same issues. Doesn't matter if it's temporary or not, The issue is related to how slot are handling int eh client, server & protocol/

If this isn't about inv slots (temporary or not) please clarify.

#13 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:31 AM

??? im not talking about inv slots, im talking about an item usable to get more food level.... very simple stuff, pretty sure its already in there, so just make it activate bigbelly for some time and then youll have to reuse it in order to gain it.... quite simple

#14 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostKurama, on 19 December 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

??? im not talking about inv slots, im talking about an item usable to get more food level.... very simple stuff, pretty sure its already in there, so just make it activate bigbelly for some time and then youll have to reuse it in order to gain it.... quite simple
You said "that effect" and the previous comments were about slots, so the intent was clear.

#15 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:22 PM

idk i read all of it at once so i proly had everything fresh... so ended up confusing you, sry, but what u think bout that? that could be possible, nope?

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostKurama, on 19 December 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

idk i read all of it at once so i proly had everything fresh... so ended up confusing you, sry, but what u think bout that? that could be possible, nope?
I would think a lot depends on the player feedback on short term buffs like that. I theory it's possible. Some may think that beinf short term may now be worth their effort.

#17 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:25 PM

Reduce EXP per vial made on OL, and add Vial to an NPC?

#18 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:03 PM

View PostWarlock, on 19 December 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

The Exp per Vial is currently supplied by a formula. That means I need a way to override the formula per item, or retune the formula and affect many items. In general that has been a low priority, so this would make it jump up in priority. It's not just a number in the .def because the values there are so stupidly low because of EL.

#19 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:40 PM

View PostLearner, on 19 December 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostWarlock, on 19 December 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

The Exp per Vial is currently supplied by a formula. That means I need a way to override the formula per item, or retune the formula and affect many items. In general that has been a low priority, so this would make it jump up in priority. It's not just a number in the .def because the values there are so stupidly low because of EL.
As posted in another thread, the Exp per Vial is now tunable on Test, not yet to Main. I found a simple way to disable the formula per item using other enhanced features OL has added.

#20 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

I found a simple way to disable the formula per item using other enhanced features OL has added.
Awesome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users