6 replies to this topic

#1 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at placing flowers throughout the continent of Alroth and specifically, its Realms.

Before I start I'd like to hear from you about the idea that certain flowers should be found in certain Realms(Maps). This would require traveling to a certain Map, in a certain Realm in Alroth to harvest say a Blue Star.

Let me know what you think about the idea and if you have some suggestions before I start this work.

Regards
Z

#2 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

I wouldn't mind having flowers locked to a realm as it makes it a bit more realistic.  As long as there will be multiple maps within a realm that the flowers are this is an excellent idea.

#3 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:17 AM

Not opposed to the idea.

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

Flowers locked to certain maps with no access to a storage in the same map would be a pain?

Double harvest flower nodes would be very nice as well. We currently have in game for several flower types.

#5 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:25 AM

View Postohmygod, on 21 December 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Flowers locked to certain maps with no access to a storage in the same map would be a pain?

Yes, it would be a pain.

In the old maps there are two great maps to collect all kinds of flowers: VOTD and NK. These maps are very small maps with an outside storage so the time you spend walking and clicking doors is minimal. Also, there are no aggressive creatures (except globin, but they have a low ignore level).

#6 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:08 AM

Imo, you first need to decide if you are going for realism or if you are going for game balance?

Realistically certain flowers will grow better in certain climates so finding a sunflower on the top of TML4 is unlikely, unless it is inside a house in a vase. :P
Deserts will generally have cactus, swamps will have swamp candles, lilies, forests will have a wide variety and gardens can be pretty much anything as they are artificial.

However we have a game which sometimes tries to be 'realistic' and sometimes is just out there...

So I think while certain flowers can be locked to certain areas, there should always be options for the odd flower being available outside of these realms within reason. Is there anything wrong with having a 'good' spot to mix FEs as there are roses and snaps nearby? Or a good spot for HEs cause there are Chrysans and liliacs within a short walk?

If you want to encourage team work like guild projects then these would really help.

#7 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

Think we should have a VOTD and NK type map in each realm with an outside storage for flowers, they could be some in pots and some in the ground and some in a garden.   Would also be nice to have more than one type ore in a cave that is less than 3 mins away from a storage!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users