• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

You know who you are, you found or were told about a bug in OL, and instead of trying to get it fixed you decided not to let me know ... instead I had to stumble in in, track people abusing it, and spent over a month fixing it!

It would have been much simpler if you had contacted me so it could be fixed faster and Iwas already back on Perks before I had to drop what I was doing to work on this critical bug.

Don't forget that part of the responsibility of a player her is to help identify problems such as bugs that need to be fixed!

Last call for admitting you messed up before I start taking action!!

#2 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:01 PM

What even is this bug. You're hyping this up a lot without saying what it really did.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:11 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 21 January 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

What even is this bug. You're hyping this up a lot without saying what it really did.
Yes, there are reasons I'm not giving details yet. The ones abusing it on purpose will know who they are. There are people that may not have realized it that I won't be as hard on.

#4 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:43 PM

I haven't noticed any bugs as of late. Mostly I just afk harve and mix on weekends. Without knowing the nature of the bug it would be hard to say if I have encountered it or not. I must say that I am a bit curious about it though.

#5 SimAnt

SimAnt

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:31 PM

Is it fighting or mixing, cause i have mixed like 80 life ess things before i got bored.

#6 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:40 AM

View PostLearner, on 21 January 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

There are people that may not have realized it that I won't be as hard on.

So people who have not realized it was a bug would be penalized anyway? How does that work?

Also, I don't understand the cryptic nature of your post, if you dealt with problem there noting to take advantage of any more so what's the point. Unless the bug is so fundamental to core of the game code that you can't fix it and this whole thread is tell people to stop doing it or else. Of course how are we supposed to know it's a bug and not a game feature without more details.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:26 AM

View Postebattleon, on 23 January 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

So people who have not realized it was a bug would be penalized anyway? How does that work?

Also, I don't understand the cryptic nature of your post, if you dealt with problem there noting to take advantage of any more so what's the point. Unless the bug is so fundamental to core of the game code that you can't fix it and this whole thread is tell people to stop doing it or else. Of course how are we supposed to know it's a bug and not a game feature without more details.
Lets just say the nature of the bug is obvious in most cases, there are very rare cases where they may not have noticed, and this people will not be penalized. Others on the otherhand easilt saw it and decided to abuse it instead of reporting it.

#8 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:40 AM

Why don't you talk to them IN GAME instead of posting some thread with no information, just threatening people around?

Is that how you like the rule your "community decided" game? lol

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:09 AM

View PostKaddy, on 23 January 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

Why don't you talk to them IN GAME instead of posting some thread with no information, just threatening people around?

Is that how you like the rule your "community decided" game? lol
Simply put, someone who is abusing a bug instead of reporting is also saying they don't want to be a member of the Community. This is giving them one more chance to return and be an active member of the Community.

#10 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:34 AM

View PostLearner, on 23 January 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postebattleon, on 23 January 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

Lets just say the nature of the bug is obvious in most cases, there are very rare cases where they may not have noticed, and this people will not be penalized. Others on the otherhand easilt saw it and decided to abuse it instead of reporting it.
That is not good enough what may be an obvious bug to you a programmer could just be a game feature to an end user. If you fixed the but telling the community what it was is of no consequence. If you could not fix it and still present then tell the community, so they won't run afoul of the rules going forward.

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:52 AM

"Obvious Bug" in this case means obvious to the players involved, not just to me.

#12 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

If the bug has been "fixed" then what is the trouble of announcing what it was so players know it was a real bug and not a game feature?

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

View Postohmygod, on 23 January 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

If the bug has been "fixed" then what is the trouble of announcing what it was so players know it was a real bug and not a game feature?
The announcement will be in the near future, I'm trying to be reasonable in allowing those that knew they were abusing it to contact me publicly or privately first!

#14 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

So when do we get to find out about the mystery bug?

#15 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:34 PM

View Postskullpants, on 24 January 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

So when do we get to find out about the mystery bug?
More info to follow next week, since that will have given people a week to respond to me even privately.

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:34 PM

Now that it's been a week to give the people a chance to get a hold of me, I'll release more information:

The bug directly affected Ranging on ALL maps!!! So, me objects on the maps could be shot through with arrows due to an accidental bug on the object placement & rotation routines. Some objects were more likely to be affected then others (specially long skinny objects).

The people abusing the bug thought they had found a way to shoot throw the walls of the GP Ranging Arena, when in reality the bug was MUCH MUCH worse then just that location. Instead the decided to abuse it and not report the issue.

The people abusing the bug could see the shots going through objects &  even walls ... hence why it was an 'obvious' bug.

In theory the bug could even have blocked shots that shouldn't have been blocked, but I hadn't found a case of that happening.

So, some greedy people people found a bug, and were abusing it just to level up Ranging ... and the bug was more critical then they imagined!

#17 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

Wow.

#18 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:35 AM

I mentioned ages ago that you could shoot through the walls in MG fort.

PS Waste of gc to train range solo, you get WAY more xp per arrow if train with the cyc farmers.

#19 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:17 AM

"mentioned" sounds like something in game which is easily lost, A proper bug report needs to be something I can easily refer back to such as a Forum PM or if secrecy not needed, a Forum Thread.

Just like I keep telling people that have suggestions or ideas, they need to get to the Forums.

#20 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:36 AM

Well,

When I started OL, like 5-6 people mentioned me about that spot, I still have it marked in GP. Thought it was more of a feature because you know, ranging sucks and Learner told us quite a few times that training ranging is at our own risk.

Never seen that coming, lmao.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users