But EL's quest is a bit corny, dumb, and easy to do for something so rewarding in my opinion.
The current requirements for EL's quests are outlined here:
he Quest Part 1
Similar to other quests a list of items must be donated to a NPC; the NPC for this quest is Hyutan in Tarsengaard Magic School Kitchen and he is creating a special potion. What is different with this quest is the items vary each time and they must be transported to the NPC. Unlike other NPC quests the NPC keeps track of what has been donated so far so they can be transported in parts to the NPC. To start a new quest, talk to Jerun first and ask what kind of help they need, then go to Hyutan to check what exactly is needed.
The Quest Part 2
There are 3 trees throughout EL (either continent) that have these special worms Hyutan needs. You need to use the LOOK icon on the trees while wearing Night Visor to find them.
Items collected by NPC in previous quests
- Vegetables (90000)
- Fruits (80000)
- Toadstools (80000)
- Ogre Toes (70000)
- Dragon Scales (200, the type varies)
- Pear (3)
- Grapes (7) (discontinued 25 Nov 2012, replaced by Black Dragon Scales)
- Gypsum (10000)
- Amber (1200)
- Mixtures, one of
- Rare drops, one of
- Wait less to do daily quests. Daily Quests reduced from 4 in-game days (24 hours) to 3 in-game days (18 hours).
- Fewer harvesting mini events.
- Consume less food when we make items
- More special days, and less bad days
With this, we can see these advantages wouldn't really benefit us...
I propose global quests of different varieties.
- First of all, we'd have to determine a place for this NPC to collect our precious items, and I'd dub either RH or LD currently as a suitable place.
- Second, we need to discuss what is going to be a part of the quest, the rewards, complications, etc.
- I think each quest should require at least one part from every skill, whether that be from kills, harvesting, potions, mixing, ranging, whatever.
For an inclusion of every skill there have been some propositions.
Fighting: AlddrA mentioned SAW's old Global boss, and there was also mention of the possibility of requiring levels of RTG to be completed for quest progress (Easy. med, hard, each level) I don't think it should require each level as much as a completion of at least x amount of ran total.
Alchemy: Essence/bars of course
Harvesting: Verious resources; perhaps some resources could be made useful with this (Tree shrooms for instance)
Potions: Feating pots, BR's, and SR's, what else would make sense for a boost than the base effects coming from these? I mean these global quests (If we follow EL's story for them) is making a potion! Why not a super concoction from this NPC I feel should be called medicine man at this point.
Summoning: Summon X total monsters
Manu/Crafting: Sacrifices of certain gear/creations similar to the gods
Ranging: Land x critical hits with a bow or shoot x arrows/bolts.
As for the bonuses brought by these:
- Less food required to mix
- More Mana from potions
- More HP from potions
- More EXP in each skill (RNG % increase)
- Lesser breakrates
- Less drops on death (If possible???)