Thermal Swords Recipe's

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:26 PM

Today, the team finally cleared the vious TML4 invasion. Completing this by finishing off the rugged Giganta boss. This boss finally dropped a book of Serpent Sword of Thermal! One issue, we have no recipes!

This discussion has came up before in discussion in channel, and Learner stated that we would wait to construct the recipes until necessary- when a book drops. Now is that time. Please use this forum thread below to discuss what you believe should be the ingredients to construct these magnificent creations, that even Eternal Lands cannot do!

Based upon the ingredients to create the short swords, long swords should require 1.5-2x the ings of that. Now, for the serpent sword of thermal, I feel the recipe should take:
  • 1 Modable Serpent Sword
  • 6-8 Enriched Water Essence
  • 6-8 Enriched Fire Essence
  • 2 Binding Stones
  • 4 Serpent Stones
Posted Image
https://gyazo.com/a2...b1234c27d0007fe

#2 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:45 PM

Grats!

Following the same pattern of the other thermal swords, I would see the ingredients being something like:
  • S2E: modable S2E, 1 EFE, 1 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones
  • Tit short: modable tit short, 2 EFE, 2 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones
  • Tit long: modable tit long, 3 EFE, 3 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones
  • Serp: modable serp, 4 EFE, 4 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones

Unless also the binding stones should scale up to 2 / 3 for tit long / serp?

Recommended Manu level should probably be within the range of 75-90? Given that tit short thermal is already 70.

Food subtracted: 35 or 50?

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:23 AM

View Postidefix, on 17 April 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Grats!

Following the same pattern of the other thermal swords, I would see the ingredients being something like:
  • S2E: modable S2E, 1 EFE, 1 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones
  • Tit short: modable tit short, 2 EFE, 2 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones
  • Tit long: modable tit long, 3 EFE, 3 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones
  • Serp: modable serp, 4 EFE, 4 EWE, 1 binding stone, 4 serp stones
Unless also the binding stones should scale up to 2 / 3 for tit long / serp?

Recommended Manu level should probably be within the range of 75-90? Given that tit short thermal is already 70.

Food subtracted: 35 or 50?

While I agree, we don't necessarily want everyone here having these thermal weapons. Thus the higher amounts- in my thinking anyways. As for the recommended manu level, I feel these should all be adjusted. Since they still use Eternal Lands recommended levels, in reality. If you are 70 manu here, you're near the hundreds area there. As we add more weapons and such that Eternal Lands has, we haven't really looked into the higher levels (kind of the point of this), but some items being added, would be virtually impossilbe to reasonably level within a certain time without the risk of a critical half of the time (even with manu god, I still feel the level should be revised on higher level items). As for the binding stones, those have what, maybe 2-3 uses in general? So if we do add more- it wouldn't really be a detrimental thing and would possibly bring some value to them!

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2829 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:44 AM

Given that the current recipes are (unless I typoed):
Attached File  CurrentSwords.png   25.34K   49 downloads

Logical extensions for Tlong & TSerp could be for OL:
Attached File  NewSwords.png   14.77K   44 downloads

While we could raise the Manu levels needed for TLong & TSerp, I'm trying to take into account how much harder those levels are for a manu to hit ... and room for future additions.

#5 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:15 PM

Wow gratz on drop

#6 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

View PostLearner, on 18 April 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

Given that the current recipes are (unless I typoed):
Attachment CurrentSwords.png

Logical extensions for Tlong & TSerp could be for OL:
Attachment NewSwords.png

While we could raise the Manu levels needed for TLong & TSerp, I'm trying to take into account how much harder those levels are for a manu to hit ... and room for future additions.

After reviewing your suggested changes, I feel these could be very fitting. Though, do we want it to just be the same increase/tier on thermals as it is for the others? Since thermal is technically combining two types, the greater use of binding stones make sense, but I think it should be 4. If there are 4 binding stones, you are using 4 EFE/EWE and 'binding' them together for a therm. Then the serpent stones are to make that bind into the blade(s) of the sword. The only other downside I could potentially see is the recommended level being  this high. Now, I don't manufacture so someone please interject here and gimme some real numbers, but I fear that many people will struggle to get to a sustainable level for these swords and then they won't be made as the risk of loss even at such a 'mastery' in a skill. Now, this could easily be remedied by people attempting to make more modables for these thermals now, but I won't just assume that will happen either. This could also play into the rarity factor which would aide in why the recipe would be 'smaller' since the knowledge is far less common than the sword will be, AND the player level being that high is the same scenario. Aside from that, I believe this is a good set.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2829 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:37 PM

Don't forget that in OL, all elemental weapons degrade into their Modable form. That gives you a chance to recycle them into another elemental weapon if you want. That means an Ice Serpent degrades to a Modable Serpent ... so if you switch it out in a fight before it degrades again, it can be recycled!

Given time, the knowledge will appear to be less rare ... since currently the only way it gets lost is #killme or just stopping playing.

#8 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:57 PM

I don't think the number of essences and binding stones will really matter that much. I think the moddable weapon will be the rarest component, which will be the biggest constraint for making lots of thermal serps. Whether it's 3 or 4 binding stones really doesn't change anything.

I also can't comment really on the manu level. Does anyone have a good reference for what level the best manufacturers are at? high 80s, or already in the 90s?

Since it degrades back to a modable serp, it feels like there should be some chance of failed "repair" when trying to manu it. Otherwise you'd basically have a thermal serp forever. So having high required manu level seems correct, or then the recipe needs to be really expensive to make it hurt at least a little bit when it needs to be repaired.

#9 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

Would agree also with L's suggested formula, lets get into game

#10 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:31 AM

Got to laugh at this thread. Still waiting for great sword recipes to be signed off on and put into game, and thermal serp ings and manu levels takes all of 2 days to implement based on 3 players + 1 dev's comments.

What really gets me thinking is that it was the FIRST TIME EVER i have seen TM4 cleared of invasion mobs way before the other invaded maps were clear of mobs, as it usually takes me and anie forever to clear the inner circle once other mobs/maps are cleared, and TM4 is usually only cleared fully with other mobs still up on other maps if a server restart has occurred hmmmm. it is as if people KNEW something special was going to drop from there this time and went hard on clearing it..

PS i may not be able to spend the time in game as i would like to these days, but i do pay attention to server stats and mob info pages very regularly and I actually did a #stats command to see if there was a server restart to check why TM4 was cleared of mobs after logging on earlier this week.

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2829 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:34 AM

View Postohmygod, on 21 April 2020 - 05:31 AM, said:

Got to laugh at this thread. Still waiting for great sword recipes to be signed off on and put into game, and thermal serp ings and manu levels takes all of 2 days to implement based on 3 players + 1 dev's comments.

What really gets me thinking is that it was the FIRST TIME EVER i have seen TM4 cleared of invasion mobs way before the other invaded maps were clear of mobs, as it usually takes me and anie forever to clear the inner circle once other mobs/maps are cleared, and TM4 is usually only cleared fully with other mobs still up on other maps if a server restart has occurred hmmmm. it is as if people KNEW something special was going to drop from there this time and went hard on clearing it..

PS i may not be able to spend the time in game as i would like to these days, but i do pay attention to server stats and mob info pages very regularly and I actually did a #stats command to see if there was a server restart to check why TM4 was cleared of mobs after logging on earlier this week.
The TML4 Invasions were leftovers from the previous week. They were invaded on April 2nd and had been partially cleared already.

#12 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 12:39 PM

View PostLearner, on 21 April 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

The TML4 Invasions were leftovers from the previous week. They were invaded on April 2nd and had been partially cleared already.

Okay, so right from OMG's reply I can see that he is implying there was 'assistance' on us knowing what it had. So let me shed some light onto that scenario before we make Learner go check logs to appease. TML4 was already chipped away, previously we started around ~700ish monsters the weekend before. DueCE, GameOva, and I cleared out the outer circle until this last weekend. Then, we attempt more Wednesday night starting around that ~3-400 area. Our final journey up there began four hours prior to this drop. Starting at 164 monters, and clearing. Now, had we known it was a drop, A) why would we have wasted our time saving a giganta for the final monster when it was solo for at least an hour or two prior- yet we still cleared everything else between. B) We'd also recieved a mirror cloak from an RPF, and several other drops, this was just the one someone hasn't gotten yet so suddenly we are implied to have been cheating to get there... Seems to have been a trend lately with certain people though, we get something they don't like and suddenly we are cheating in one way or another. Since the last time this was claimed was the same scenario... We don't claim you're cheating going up there with yourself and one other, yet we are when we actually have a team of 6-8 to clear it?

Now back to the planning of this, to just throw that cheating implication even further out the window. The previous day Warlock, and several others had planned to do a hard RTG, but Learner wasn't there to launch it. So Warlock planned to invasion with us the next day as he couldn't do the RTG he gathered the team for, our planning for invasioning became this TML4. Sorry to burst your bubble and clear it on you guys, but I guess that is what happens when proper teamwork occurs and not just item greed...

As for it being only "3 players and 1 dev" to decide, this forums isn't decided as I can see, and you still have PLENTY of time to voice your opinion. Go ahead, tell us what you'd want for your recipe or comment on what is there and why. If not, then why are you complaining at all?

Lastly, to sum up your complete comment. "Still waiting for great sword recipes to be signed off on and put into game, and thermal serp ings and manu levels takes all of 2 days to implement based on 3 players + 1 dev's comments." YES. IT DID! Becuase I'm sure you were aware, but Learner has said from the start that the Thermal Recipes were NOT a priority until they were dropped. Once dropped they would be TOP priority. I still haven't even seen an actual discussion on adding them to test or main for recipe testing. In fact, I have not seen a single post about greatswords in the game since they were added and started dropping frankly.

Hopefully that stopped your implications on cheating, again, and to finish this post. If you have any other comments for THIS TOPIC and how to do it, post your ideas!

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2829 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:07 PM

TLong & TSerp recipes that have been proposed are now on Test ... and could everyone also check http://test.other-li...manufacture.htm to help make sure I haven't made any errors compared to the proposed recipes.

As for how this could be done so fast, it has been in the planning stage for a long time and is a simple extension of existing recipes, while the Great Swords ones are totally new and no consensus on them yet. So for now, they are still lower priority but at least the swords are getting into the game which was the original intent of adding them.

#14 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:43 PM

View PostLearner, on 21 April 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

TLong & TSerp recipes that have been proposed are now on Test ... and could everyone also check http://test.other-li...manufacture.htm to help make sure I haven't made any errors compared to the proposed recipes.

As for how this could be done so fast, it has been in the planning stage for a long time and is a simple extension of existing recipes, while the Great Swords ones are totally new and no consensus on them yet. So for now, they are still lower priority but at least the swords are getting into the game which was the original intent of adding them.

Thanks L.  http://test.other-li...manufacture.htm looks correct and I agree with the recipe migrated to test.  

Looking forward to more TML4 clears on Friday (or Thursday??)

#15 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2829 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 02:08 PM

View PostDueCE, on 21 April 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 21 April 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

Thanks L.  http://test.other-li...manufacture.htm looks correct and I agree with the recipe migrated to test.  

Looking forward to more TML4 clears on Friday (or Thursday??)
Thanks for the confirmation.

Now, so we need to increase the cost of make the Serps? One obvious addition would be one more Serp Stone. Remember those numbers are simply initial proposals. I highly recommend they don't get lower, but do we want to raise them a little bit? Once a change like this goes live it's easy to lower it a little ... but raising it is a royal pain for those that have to deal with players!

#16 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 02:20 PM

Tough to put a price on a modable, but a rough calculation of the non-modable ingredients in the proposed recipe is nearly 500kgc.  Combined with the modable, we are talking about a ~1.5millgc sword...

1 Modable Titanium Serpent Sword (>1m)
4 Enriched Fire Essences (15k per)
3 Binding Stones (11k per)
4 Serpent Stones (80k per)
4 Enriched Water Essences (12k per)

The only reason I agree with such a high valuation is because of the re-usability of enchanted swords.  Still, I would not add more serpent stones or make this even more costly to craft.

#17 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

Will these special swords have a lower break rate compared to lower swords?

#18 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:04 PM

I really like the suggestions for recipes Posted Image  I am not very familiar with all the formulas and such, but based off Learners spreadsheet and the recommendations here.it seems we are on a roll <3
So awesome!

Also, I would like to add.. when this book was dropped..when all of our fun prizes were dropped this weekend..we worked hard for them. We actually had an amazing team, were on voice chat on discord and made an event of it! it was super fun and super spontaneous. I felt really lucky and had a great time. The fact that anyone would try and slander or accuse any player of such a thing is just the ultimate sign of jealousy and all around insecurity,. Im sorry for anyone who is so desperate for attention. Anyone was welcome to join and we would have loved the help!   As stated by learner and others, Those mobs had been there for 2 weeks...
I take great offense to being accused of such a thing, partially because as stated by  OMG;  I actively try to clear Tml4. .......

Just wanted to express my opinion on the subject. It upset me.

#19 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:04 PM

Aww sorry aine xo. You have ALWAYS worked hard on TM4 with little or no "team" to help clear and, out of anyone in game, you can be as cheeky as you like with me and i will still have a smile on my face when reading your comments. :) See my first post and the heartfelt gratz that went with it.

Dont get me wrong I dont think anyone ever doubts that I have wanted thermal serps in OL, I even killed RDs like they were a possible drop for the books when they first came to the game only to find out months later that it had been removed from the drop list for natives. So obviously glad that a book has finally dropped and we are days/hours away from a recipe hitting main server for the sword/s. Still waiting for the Frost Troll spawn to enter the game so more people can have a shot at more Ice serps (to degrade and use for the thermal recipe).

I was just stating the obvious and needed to show my disappointment that the same effort and commitment could not be put into great swords as if it were we would have them manuable by now if that is a crime then I am a criminal. :)

True it may be, and judging by the down votes on my last post, I perhaps didnt need to add my surprise at the time that TM4 was cleared while there were mobs in other maps, which truly at the time was a VERY STRANGE thing to see. Eats account of events makes it even more stranger :)

Back on topic and not that it would matter, but I am happy with any recipe that is decided on, get it in game and made imo. I just ask that we put the same effort into deciding on Great sword recipes for OL as well?

#20 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:12 PM

lame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users