•  
- - - - -

IM's participating in their own events(RTG, MBC)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:07 PM

Kinda makes no sense having them not being able to partake, its not like its only to their benefit right, we have extensive logs to prove that. So many times we're waiting, often with the team disbanding before another IM is able to launch.. wasted time. I move to change this, if I want to partake in an RTG or MBC(excluding DTF since they are manually spawned) then I should be able to, if no other IM can launch it.

#2 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

Fully agree, it's really frustrating when there's no one to start the RTG once we finally get 6 players together to form a team.

It's happened already like 3 times in the last 1-2 months, that Warlock is both the only IM online to start the event, but also we need him for the team. It doesn't seem fair that he would need to leave the party just to enable the rest of the players to start it, and then we're not even strong enough to finish.

I don't see a way this would be abused, but would be a benefit for the community.

#3 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:12 PM

Totally agree with this change. And while there is a way to abuse it, I believe that all the IMs are more than trustworthy enough not to abuse it.

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Canned event does not matter who starts/participates in it imo.

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:30 PM

This has always bee a strange issue. This rule is intended to help protect the IM's from being accused to launching Events for themselves or their Alts. IM's also have a #LOG command they can use to add a message to the IM #command log so when they feel they need to exceed whats allowed for IM's, they can leave a message in the log files for me to explain why they had to do unusual things, like launch an RTG they participated in. I realize exceptions can happen to most rules, and take that into account.

#6 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

Ok thanks for your response, wasnt too sure last night if it was a hard rule or not. Glad to know there are some exceptions, and if needed in the future, make note in #Log.

#7 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1213 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:38 AM

Completely agree that IM's should be able to join their own event if no other IM is around or if they are afk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users