18 replies to this topic

#1 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

I think the stats on the test server may be bugged, for some reason the finished sword stats say +5 Fire and +5 Cold damage instead of what the OL encyc says and has said for many many years  +10 Fire and +10 Cold damage.

#2 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:31 PM

Encyclopedia is wrong on many other counts too.

The sword has higher base damage, so it's still stronger than fire/ice serp even if it's just +5/+5.

I'm also wondering if this is intentional, or a bug?

#3 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:06 PM

As idefix said, the encyc is incorrect as it is mostly a copy of the EL encyc.  However, the sword should have a higher base damage (can't remember the exact stats here) and only a +5/+5 heat/cold damage.  This helps prevent the therm serp from being the far better option between the fire serp and ice serp.

#4 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:39 PM

View Postshadowgate, on 13 June 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

As idefix said, the encyc is incorrect as it is mostly a copy of the EL encyc.  However, the sword should have a higher base damage (can't remember the exact stats here) and only a +5/+5 heat/cold damage.  This helps prevent the therm serp from being the far better option between the fire serp and ice serp.

The encyclopedia is not to be trusted, the only reason things are *somewhat* right would be from when Misstomboy (?) or another M name went through and fixed some things, this was like 3 years ago now and anything greater than Serp is NOT correct (or in there at all, see great swords? Yeah. me neither)

As for the stats of it, I don't want it to be a high +10/10 with regular damage, but at least more than what the previous swords were. The fact that it has THREE base damage higher, isn't really making it that much stronger, and I'm pretty sure the point of the ELEMENTAL swords, are the ELEMENT additions, the whole "base being higher" doesn't even make sense. I think a +7 would be better, that is still 6 ele damage lower than +10 on each, but only +4 more from the other elementals of the same variety, and then move the stats back to the others base.
If we want to go off of base damage as to why to use it, it should be under the great swords category more than elemental since the added effect is only that.

Next mention, why do all one element style swords have a +10 if using the same ings on a thermal, gives half the value? It should require 1/2 the Enriched Essence then as well.

#5 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:49 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 13 June 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

View Postshadowgate, on 13 June 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

The encyclopedia is not to be trusted, the only reason things are *somewhat* right would be from when Misstomboy (?) or another M name went through and fixed some things, this was like 3 years ago now and anything greater than Serp is NOT correct (or in there at all, see great swords? Yeah. me neither)

As for the stats of it, I don't want it to be a high +10/10 with regular damage, but at least more than what the previous swords were. The fact that it has THREE base damage higher, isn't really making it that much stronger, and I'm pretty sure the point of the ELEMENTAL swords, are the ELEMENT additions, the whole "base being higher" doesn't even make sense. I think a +7 would be better, that is still 6 ele damage lower than +10 on each, but only +4 more from the other elementals of the same variety, and then move the stats back to the others base.
If we want to go off of base damage as to why to use it, it should be under the great swords category more than elemental since the added effect is only that.

Next mention, why do all one element style swords have a +10 if using the same ings on a thermal, gives half the value? It should require 1/2 the Enriched Essence then as well.

The Encyc is an official feature of OL...if its wrong then needs to be fixed ASAP.

Z

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:47 AM

Users are the ones that have been updating the Enc. To prevent duplicate work anyone deciding to make updates should announce it to others first and then submit update to me.

#7 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:09 AM

Once I have finished the first version of the wiki, my intention is to update the encyclopedia at the same time I check and improve the contents of the wiki.

#8 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:40 AM

For anyone curious, the stats are as follows, for the two serpent swords I've managed to make on the test server:

Titanium Serpent Sword of Thermal - 22-28 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 5 cold and 5 fire damage
Weight: 4 EMU

Titanium Serpent Sword of Magic - 20-25 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 10 magic damage

#9 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 14 June 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

For anyone curious, the stats are as follows, for the two serpent swords I've managed to make on the test server:

Titanium Serpent Sword of Thermal - 22-28 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 5 cold and 5 fire damage

Titanium Serpent Sword of Magic - 20-25 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 10 magic damage

Thank you, I updated that info on the wiki, Could you tell me information about light modifier and human nexus  to wield?

#10 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:10 AM

View PostYulin_Old, on 14 June 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

Thank you, I updated that info on the wiki, Could you tell me information about light modifier and human nexus  to wield?

Light modifier is +4 to both swords. Human nexus required is 4 also.

#11 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:15 PM

Wow, really? Human nexus 4 is enough? I thought 5 was needed.

#12 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:23 PM

4 is correct. I did consider 5, but 5 is now where Great Swords start at. I the players think I should raise it to 5 I can do that easily! The lower Human is one of the benefits they have over GS

#13 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 14 June 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

View PostYulin_Old, on 14 June 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

Light modifier is +4 to both swords. Human nexus required is 4 also.

Updated. Thank you :)

#14 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:57 PM

I see that encyc says that thermal s2e (and up) do more elemental damage than the thermal serpent sword, does anyone know if this is still correct?

Might be good to know for setting/finalising ings cost for thermals.

I did have a thermal tit short but forget the elemental damage stats, cant check cause it degraded to modable at some point, but believe that the elemental damage stats on thermal tit short was better than non thermal elemental versions of the tit short.

It seems that for thermal version of serpent swords this has changed, so if we are nerfing Balancing thermal serpent swords elemental damage why dont we consider nerfing  Balancing the +10 fire and cold damage on non thermal serpent swords so the +5 fire/cold damage on the thermal version seems a better than the non thermal version?

I know my comments dont mean a damn, but I would prefer this to plus to random normal damage on the sword.

EDITED.

#15 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:09 PM

You could be right. Swords I have on test that I can make:

Iron Broad Sword of Ice - 9-10 damage, 4 cold damage
Weight: 7 EMU

Iron Sword of Fire - 7-8 damage, +1 defense, +1 accuracy +3 fire damage
Weight: 7 EMU

#16 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

All of what's on main right now:-

Iron Broad Sword of Fire: 9-10 damage, 4 fire damage
Iron Broad Sword of Ice: 9-10 damage, 4 cold damage

Steel Long Sword of Fire: 9-11 damage, +2 defense, +2 accuracy, +1 critical hit +5 fire damage
Steel Long Sword of Ice: 9-11 damage, +2 defense, +2 accuracy, +1 critical hit +5 cold damage
Steel Long Sword of Magic: 9-11 damage, +2 defense, +2 accuracy, +1 critical hit +5 magic damage

Steel Two Edged Sword of Fire: +10-14 damage, +1 defense, +3 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +2 critical to damage +6 fire damage
Steel Two Edged Sword of Ice: +10-14 damage, +1 defense, +3 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +2 critical to damage +6 cold damage
Steel Two Edged Sword of Magic: +10-14 damage, +1 defense, +3 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +2 critical to damage +6 magic damage
Steel Two Edged Sword of Thermal: +10-14 damage, +1 defense, +3 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +2 critical to damage, 3 cold, 3 fire damage

Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword of Fire: 10-14 damage, +2 defense, +3 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +3 critical to damage, 7 fire damage
Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword of Ice: 10-14 damage, +3 defense, +7 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +3 critical to damage, 7 cold damage
Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword of Magic: 10-14 damage, +5 defense, +3 accuracy, +3 critical to hit, +3 critical to damage, 8 magic damage
Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword of Thermal: 12-16 damage, +2 defense, +5 accuracy, +3 critical to hit, +3 critical to damage, 4 fire and 3 cold damage

Titanium Serpent Sword of Fire: 20-25 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 10 fire damage
Titanium Serpent Sword of Ice: 20-25 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 10 cold damage
Titanium Serpent Sword of Magic: 20-25 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 10 magic damage
Titanium Serpent Sword of Thermal: 20-28 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 5 cold and 5 fire damage

#17 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:44 AM

View PostWarlock, on 14 June 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

Titanium Serpent Sword of Thermal: 20-28 damage, +5 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +6 critical to damage, 5 cold and 5 fire damage

Pandemic posted: 22-28 damage. are new stats only available on the test server?

#18 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:15 PM

Main is slightly outdated since changes to Items require manual intervention due to various reasons. For example Test has forcibly removed items we can't used while Main still allows them, though they aren't useful. There are other changes that were delayed, but the code updates they needed are on Main now.

Main has been updated, two different Thermals needed slight adjustments.

#19 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword of Thermal: 12-16 damage, +2 defense, +5 accuracy, +3 critical to hit, +3 critical to damage, 4 fire and 3 cold damage
Seems my chat logs on elemental damage stats for tit short on main differ from posted above by WL:

[hal @ 1]: just check with skull the stats in encyc for tit short of thermal is wrong
[Achilles @ 1]: what are the stats on sword?
[skullpants @ 1]: 12-16 damage, +2 defense, +5 accuracy, +3 crit to hit, +3 crit to damage,  7fire and cold damage

Drop: 1 Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword of Thermal

Your Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword of Thermal has been degraded to Modable Titanium/Steel Alloy Short Sword

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users