Artificer Testing Results

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

Hello everyone! As many of you know from chats/discussions in game, I had decided about 4-5 months ago to begin the process of testing if the Artificer Cloak worked at all, and if it's impact if working was positive or negative.
The reason this test was decided was due to several people having the ongoing feeling that their Artificer had actually worsened their rates of getting a rare craft (often times with FE to make EFE). For this test, I had decided to follow the most notable example, and did the FE for EFE method.

Learner stated we needed to gather at least 200,000 fire essence, and mix at least 100,000 with/without artificer and record the results. So that is just what I had done. Below is the data-table I had for this project.

Posted Image
https://gyazo.com/96...7e91ff54c7fec51

With this, you can see:
  • Rate Without Artificer equipped: 1 EFE each 4546 FE (Rounded up from 4545.45)
    This translates to a .0220% chance to make an EFE each mix.
  • Rate With Artificer equipped: 1 EFE each 3448 FE (Rounded down from 3448.27)
    This translates to a .0290% chance to make an EFE each mix.
  • The Artificer adds about .0070% chance to make an EFE
    This means that the Artificer DOES work, and the number seems smal, but it saves about 1000 FE per EFE.

#2 RogueAI

RogueAI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

Absolute mad lad. Kudos.

#3 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

What is the break even point v. price of the Artificer Cloak?

Z

#4 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

View PostZian, on 20 June 2020 - 07:56 PM, said:

What is the break even point v. price of the Artificer Cloak?

Z

Artificer cape is around 150k
EFE is around 10k~ (give or take)

Taking this all roughly, you would need 15 EFE MORE than what you would get if you just mixed FE without an Artficer to break even. Based on Eats spreadsheet you would need to make in the region of 200K FE to be in a position where the extra EFE you have made, have paid for the Artificer cape.

#5 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:08 AM

I'm guessing mixing higher level items (more expensive ings) you won't be making in those Qtys to see the benefits.

So maybe cloak is only good for low level, high volume items?

#6 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:41 AM

View PostZian, on 21 June 2020 - 05:08 AM, said:

I'm guessing mixing higher level items (more expensive ings) you won't be making in those Qtys to see the benefits.

So maybe cloak is only good for low level, high volume items?

It's a good point, but at this stage in the game, only Manufacture would benefit outside of Alchemy from using an Artificer - for Modable/Elemental Swords. This currently seems to be the direction that the 'meta' is heading. Manufacturing requires dumping large amounts of iron bars, which means large amounts of FE anyway so you would definitely benefit in the long run even if your ultimate goal was to source higher level rare items such as modable swords.

Sorry to thread-jack here, steering the conversation slightly:

Is there any backing for introducing Enhanced Iron Armour to the game via Recipe as well as "Rare craft" of normal iron? If so I'll hapilly create it's own thread.

#7 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:33 PM

Also crafting requires a lot of bars and fes at various stages to get anything high level. Also, a fair number of people are sitting on cash that this is kind of more of a quality of life in places. Just a little less waiting between EFE, just a little bit less trying to source EFEs if you need them, etc.

#8 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:01 PM

Looked up the cloak in encyc; it requires Human 5!

I'm not a mixer but does manu/crafter need human nexus 5 for anything else?

Z

#9 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 07:07 PM

View PostZian, on 21 June 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

Looked up the cloak in encyc; it requires Human 5!

I'm not a mixer but does manu/crafter need human nexus 5 for anything else?

Z

Great swords

#10 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

A big reason it's hard to see Arti make a difference on making EFE is because the chance to make an EFE is very low, hence why so many FE had to be mixed just to get any numbers. Even with 100K mixed, there is still a lot of 'noise' from the RNG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users