DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:04 PM

Greetings fellow OL'ers,

Event: OL Auction
Date: TBD

As many of you know, we have been on the prowl hunting high level bosses during TML4 and similar invasions over the past couple of months.  We have conducted a couple of in-game auctions immediately following difficult invasions as a way to raise & split gc among everyone that participated.  They have been a fun and effective way to ensure that everyone is receiving some sort of split for their efforts.  Over the past ~6 weeks weeks, I have been stockpiling those rare drops from team-based invasions in preparation for the biggest in-game auction OL has ever seen!

Here's a clip from the first-ever auction: https://www.youtube....h?v=5ZuHGy35BfM

The rules are simple:

1. You must be present in-game at the event location to participate.
2. Please wear appropriate attire to this event.
3. If you are the sole 'owner' of an item being auctioned, you may NOT bid on that item.  Rather, if the item is a super-rare, you MAY suggest a "minimum starting bid".  Please be reasonable.
4. Items will be auctioned off anonymously, and the person who gave the item to the auctioneer will be responsible for splitting the gc raised among the team (if applicable).

If other players would like to contribute to the auction and raffle their items off, please send me an in-game pm with the item.  Also please indicate if you have a minimum starting bid in mind.  

As for the list of items that will be auctioned; I'd rather not post the entire list, but I can assure you there are some goodies already in stock, most of which do not have a minimum price and are bound to sell for CHEAP!  In addition, I thought it would be nice to have a few items that could be given away for free based on some sort of riddle or quick & simple event.  If you have something in mind and would like to contribute, please get in touch with me.

Lastly, if you happen to have experience as an auctioneer, please PM me Posted Image

DueCE

#2 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 12:50 AM

BUMP.. just wanted to update this post to let you all know there WILL STILL BE AN AUCTION.  We have even added a couple of items to the list!

We are thinking of doing this event some time around Xmas/New Years.  Exact date is TBD

#3 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:36 AM

Greetings all,

Event: OL Auction

Date: 29th April
AEST: 9:00am
Date: 28th April
PDT: 3:00pm
EDT: 6:00pm
CDT: 5:00pm

I will be conducting the biggest Auction that OL has ever had since the auction above never took place. There will be an assortment of rares, bundles and a couple extra-good goodies. If you wish to have particular item of yours auctioned off, you will receive the gc that is made from the item, additionally please privately message me either on forums or in-game to discuss.

The rules are simple:
1. There will be a total of 15 auctions.
2. There will be a minimum for each auction.
3. You must be present in-game at the event location to participate.
4. Please wear appropriate attire to this event.
5. If you are the sole 'owner' of an item being auctioned, you may NOT bid on that item. Rather, if the item is a super-rare, you MAY suggest a "minimum starting bid". Please be reasonable.
6. Items will be auctioned off anonymously, and the person who gave the item to the auctioneer will be responsible for splitting the gc raised among the team (if applicable).  Also please indicate if you have a minimum starting bid in mind.

As for the list of items that will be auctioned; they will be addressed and shown on the day, however I can assure you that there ARE so good stuff going up. If you have any suggestions, ideas or the times does not suit, please let me know as I am trying to make the date time available for everybody by posting a month in advance and having it in a reasonable hour for the majority of the player base (US).
Enjoy Posted Image

#4 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 08:11 AM

I'll be there!
~Eats

#5 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 03:19 PM

Sweet!

#6 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:55 AM

Is this event still on? The reason I ask is because i have not noticed any high rollers liquidating plats to raise bidding capitol. I myself will likely be unable to attend due to real life obligations. I wonder if it might be possible to have a list of items to be auctioned posted? If such a list were interesting enough I might attempt to rearrange in order to attend or perhaps designate another party to bid for me on specific items.

#7 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:26 PM

I agree on providing a list of items along with their starting BID in gcs.

This might help people to save up...No sense to attend an auction and finding out that the bids are higher than their savings. :o

Z

#8 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM

The fun is going to the auction and watching it all unfold LIVE

#9 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1231 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:16 AM

ok should I pro-long this event then for another week so people can have finances sorted?

#10 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 28 April 2021 - 06:36 PM

Pretty sure everyone in this game has funds lol

#11 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1231 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:17 PM

I'm delaying the auction for 1 week starting today. Previous time will stand the same as before, same as location.

I will be decreasing the number of actionable items to 15 instead of the 20, due to not much interest shown.

Additionally, I have decided to keep my current stance on the items to not be revealed until during the auction. That's what makes mystery auctions exciting!

Kind Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users