•  

Poll: Add new JRIM to Main

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Allow Shadowgate to become an active Jr IM on Main (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Allow Shadowgate to become an active Jr IM on Main?

1. Yes - He'll be a good addition (18 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. No - Too many IM's or not a good choice. (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2854 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:21 AM

Warlock has been training Shadowgate an IM on Test, learned quickly, and he's been helpful in creating Native & Invasion spawns in Alroth which are already in Main.

In keeping with OL being Player Driven, I'm proposing he be promoted to being an JRIM on Main to assist with Invasions and improve his skills and spawns.

#2 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:30 AM

To help you guys vote here is the list of what I have done so far:
  I have created invasion files for Rhoelind, Thalendale, Zerimor (currently on test) and the HL outside spawns
  I have created the native spawn in Meaveth, Glywen and Thalia
  I have created 3 new bosses

#3 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:54 AM

View Postshadowgate, on 15 July 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

To help you guys vote here is the list of what I have done so far:
  I have created invasion files for Rhoelind, Thalendale, Zerimor (currently on test) and the HL outside spawns
  I have created the native spawn in Meaveth, Glywen and Thalia
  I have created 3 new bosses

Nice work Shadow! How was the learning curve? Are you at the point that you can work more independently?...many more Alroth maps coming down the pipe lol!!

Regards
Z

#4 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

View PostZian, on 15 July 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

Nice work Shadow! How was the learning curve? Are you at the point that you can work more independently?...many more Alroth maps coming down the pipe lol!!

Regards
Z

The learning curve wasn't bad once you understand the syntax of the files.  A majority of the files were worked on independently with some minor changes based on input I had received form L, WL and SAW.

#5 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

shadowgate's been a real pleasure to work with, i endorse him 100%. Very fast learner, smart, reliable and trustworthy.

#6 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:37 AM

I think shadowgate would be a great IM and he is also a very kind and respectful player. My vote is "Yes" :)

#7 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:30 PM

I voted No.

I must've missed the part where we "kept with OL being Player Driven" and elected shadowgate to have Jr IM on test to begin with, much how we voted for Ald/Duece/and others previously.

If we are going to vote on things, at least have some continuity. Secondly, this is a pointless poll imho, its a 1 horse race so what exactly are you polling for?

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2854 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:56 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 15 July 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

I voted No.

I must've missed the part where we "kept with OL being Player Driven" and elected shadowgate to have Jr IM on test to begin with, much how we voted for Ald/Duece/and others previously.

If we are going to vote on things, at least have some continuity. Secondly, this is a pointless poll imho, its a 1 horse race so what exactly are you polling for?
If the vote goes against him, then he doesn't gain any privileges as an IM on Main. As for previous polls we did need more feedback on those people and it was usually to see who could be taught since we had limited resources. In this WL felt he would be worthwhile in helping to create .def's and did all the training himself. But, getting any additional Main access does require more community input as opposed to just helping create spawns/invasions on Test.

A comparison to this is Z has never been voted on to be a mapmaker (nor any mapmaker) and doesn't have JrIM privs on Main either. Even the other people that have made maps in the past have never been up for a vote either.

Either way I'll always get yelled at for either requiring too much Voting or skipping a Vote on more minor things. In this case it does involve giving someone more privileges on Main, so a Vote was called for, and done without requiring a payment for a Poll.

#9 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:00 PM

All just sounds like a conflict of interest to me. Seems as though it's someone else's prerogative who becomes an IM based on who they want to teach regardless of who has been nominated, offered their time or voted on previously by the community.

No one has ever said we don't want more polls, and no one has ever yelled for not having enough of them. I'll eat my own words if you can show me proof of this ever happening because that just sounds like a poor cover attempt.

#10 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:22 PM

I voted No.

I don't understand what your reason for voting no has to do with shadow being made jrIM? Either shadow is capable or he isn't!
You knew about his training on test a while back.  Why didn't you say something then?

#11 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:33 AM

Voted Yes cause it is a one horse race and i want to be a winner to.

I hope WL trained you well enough to not turn God messages off during invasions when you go afk/offline.

#12 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:20 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 15 July 2020 - 05:22 PM, said:

I voted No.

I don't understand what your reason for voting no has to do with shadow being made jrIM? Either shadow is capable or he isn't!
You knew about his training on test a while back.  Why didn't you say something then?

I agree with you Ald- but only for his voting. I don't think the vote should deter shadow because of things like that, but I do agree with panda as well. Previously there were polls, and it wasn't just whoever had the interest on making .defs and such for test. I myself stated something against him getting it just by asking WL, and WL deciding yes- or however because several times over I was told I couldn't even help by making a canned just by asking. Previously we had to be polled for test, so I don't see why Shadow had the special case-
but regardless it is done and choose if he gets main. Seeing his work, it is better than none and why tf not.

#13 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:55 AM

Firstly, AlddrA, when I found out, there was no way for me to put this out there. I was banned from the forums and from the game for what is the biggest bullshit scandal of this game so far.

Secondly, the poll is loaded and misleading.

My 'No' vote has nothing to do with shadowgate's abilities - my No vote simply has to do with the fact there was no prior vote to see who else is interested in becoming an IM, including those previously voted for - the way this has been done its practically a given that shadowgate is going to become an IM because it's clear that there's no reason for shadowgate to NOT become an IM.

Me and shadowgate have already spoken briefly, shortly after my first post to clarify it's a No vote on principal, not because he can't do the job.

The poll is pointless if I can't express an opinion such as above. Obviously all our opinions must conform and can't be outside of your little boxes for fear of rocking the boat too much? Sounds too much like a dictatorship not a community vote.

#14 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

I agree with Pandemic... If Learner wants the exercise his ownership rights he should just do so. Stop with this foolish smoke and mirror BS and just do what you want.

#15 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2854 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

View Postebattleon, on 16 July 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

I agree with Pandemic... If Learner wants the exercise his ownership rights he should just do so. Stop with this foolish smoke and mirror BS and just do what you want.
Feel free to Vote No any and all of you if you don't like how this was handled. The intent was to still give the community the decision as to this change wo Main would take place or not! Feel free to vote NO for any reason! That's why it is up for a vote after all!

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2854 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:04 AM

With 90% of the votes cast in the week, Shadowgate is being added as a JrIM to Main.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users