#21 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:47 PM

* Storage implemented
* First version of taunt implemented (only works with harm so far).
* Added instructions to main post how to connect to the server in case someone wants to try it out.

Pasting here the chat commands you can use so far (just realized some of them are not really aligned with the existing EL / OL commands, I might need to change it later).
I created some redundant commands for the same thing, since I wasn't sure which ones were most intuitive to be used.
  • #beam me
  • #beam_me_up
  • #guild_create guildtag
  • #guild_leave
  • #guild_invite playername
  • #guild_join guildtag
  • #guild_promote playername
  • #guild_kick playername
  • #gm message
  • #guild message
  • #guild_message message
  • #party_create
  • #party_leave
  • #party_invite playername
  • #party_join playername (any member of the party)
  • #party_promote playername
  • #party_kick playername
  • #pm message
  • #party message
  • #party_message message
  • #revive playername
  • #resurrect playername

#22 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:39 AM

View Postidefix, on 29 September 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

* Storage implemented
* First version of taunt implemented (only works with harm so far).
* Added instructions to main post how to connect to the server in case someone wants to try it out.

Pasting here the chat commands you can use so far (just realized some of them are not really aligned with the existing EL / OL commands, I might need to change it later).
I created some redundant commands for the same thing, since I wasn't sure which ones were most intuitive to be used.
  • #beam me
  • #beam_me_up
  • #guild_create guildtag
  • #guild_leave
  • #guild_invite playername
  • #guild_join guildtag
  • #guild_promote playername
  • #guild_kick playername
  • #gm message
  • #guild message
  • #guild_message message
  • #party_create
  • #party_leave
  • #party_invite playername
  • #party_join playername (any member of the party)
  • #party_promote playername
  • #party_kick playername
  • #pm message
  • #party message
  • #party_message message
  • #revive playername
  • #resurrect playername
I'd also like to add to ensure you add some shorthand for those longer commands! Such as "Revive/resurrect" you can have it be "#res playername". As for the parties, rather than have a million commands, it may just be easier to code in a nice #menu such as OL has for #menu guild, and #menu RTG. This menu also shows all party members, HP, mana(?), and location. I know Warlock had mentioned this exact method previously, but really.. Path of Exile's party system has it nailed.

#23 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 04 October 2020 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback Eats. I'll look into how the OL #menu works and how PoE party system works.

#24 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 04 October 2020 - 09:14 PM

Week 5 update:
  • Storage implemented
  • Boss loot tables added
  • TML2 dungeon cleared for the first time ever! Thank you to the testers (Yulin, Panda, Eats).
  • Several bug fixes and balance changes based on the testing.
  • Improved the exp formula / exp curve to be more rewarding for clearing instances near your own level, and not super punishing for having a lot of players in the party.
  • Started working on a new low level instance.

#25 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:19 PM

Week 6 update:
  • Quest system implemented.
  • First quest (tutorial) added to help you get started.
  • 3 new low level instances (starting from level 0, up to 30).
  • General store & taverns added + a few more maps for harvesting
  • BR potions now mixable from scratch (fire essences > vials > potions).
  • Delayed PMs implemented
  • Added a dynamic color-coded "difficulty" tag to the instances, to make it clearer for players which instances are closest their level.
  • Several technical improvements that I'm sure no one really cares about.
I would appreciate any testing on the tutorial and the first instances to get some feedback.
First instance is can be cleared in 30 min - 1 hour, depending on if you just get the bosses as quick as possible or if you prefer clearing out the whole map.
Second instance is a bit longer with a lot more mobs.
Third instance still a work in progress, only the first section is done; still adding the last bosses and a few more hordes after it.

#26 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1217 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:11 AM

I played around on it a couple days ago.
I feel that it's really neat so far with all the new features, especially the resurrection feature, love it! Not sure what cursed and blessed scrolls are for, but oh well.
Work in progress, but its nice to see that these features have been available all this time. Keep up the good work and I'll have a look at this new quest system.

#27 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:57 PM

How do i test?

#28 shadowgate

shadowgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:20 PM

In the original post idefix has put instructions on how you can connect to his server.

#29 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2868 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:29 PM

View Postshadowgate, on 13 October 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

In the original post idefix has put instructions on how you can connect to his server.
Yes, he updated his original post for how the current client can connect to his server.

#30 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:42 PM

View PostCoduX, on 13 October 2020 - 04:11 AM, said:

I played around on it a couple days ago.
I feel that it's really neat so far with all the new features, especially the resurrection feature, love it! Not sure what cursed and blessed scrolls are for, but oh well.
Work in progress, but its nice to see that these features have been available all this time. Keep up the good work and I'll have a look at this new quest system.

Thanks!
The upgrade scrolls are for upgrading equipment (from +1 to +10). I made 3 "classes" of scrolls for different level of equipment.
  • "common" rarity equipment (low level stuff such as leather armor, iron sword, etc) are upgradable with a "Cursed Upgrade Scroll", which is cheap.
  • "rare" equipment (medium level stuff, like tit chain, tit short sword, etc) are upgradeable with a "Normal Upgrade Scroll", which is a bit more expensive than the Cursed one.
  • "epic"/"legendary" equipment (serp, plate armor, GS, elemental swords) are upgradeable with a "Blessed Upgrade Scroll"; which is most expensive.
I might rename the scrolls later to be more meaningful. I "borrowed" the names from another game.

#31 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:46 PM

Noticed:
you can mix while harvesting,
amount of mixing xp per item decreases as you level
the npc does not actually tell you what the recipes are

I like the summoned mobs with ZM bosses.

Cant undo the Guild map event mobs so as to gain access to the anvil.
Cant delete a guild

ADDED:

When mixing with scrolls with  tit chain mail for example the item in mix window changes with a spare one in selection window if that makes sense? so +6 version will swap places with a lower version in ings/mix window area and say you need to go to guild map anvil.

#32 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for testing ohmygod!
Some of the concepts/changes are definitely experimental, but they are intentional so let me know what you think!
If they don't make sense to anyone, I will revert them back to how it works in EL/OL.

Mixing while harvesting was something I thought might make harvesting less boring, since you can do multiple things at once; you can still afk-harvest if you want, or you could also be mixing at the same time.

I made the exp curve for mixing similar like it is for killing mobs. As your a/d level gets higher, you get less exp for killing low level mobs. I have the same concept for mixing; you can't get to lvl 80 manufacturing by mixing leather helmets anymore.
Instead, as your mixing level gets higher, you will need to mix higher level items to get good exp.

I was planning to make all items in the game craftable, including great swords and dragon armor. But you won't find the recipe from the encyclopedia, but rather you as a player need to learn the recipe from the game.
There will be clues about different recipes hidden around the game, but they will be more like puzzles, not just a book telling you the recipe.
Therefore being an expert blacksmith will require you to find at least some of these secrets and work through the puzzles/quests (instead of just mixing 100k leather helmets to get a high enough level).
Players can then choose to either share their knowledge with the community, or they can keep it a secret within their own guild, or maybe keep it a secret to themselves only and be the only blacksmith in the game who knows how to make that particular sword (until others discover it for themselves).

I also tried a similar concept e.g. for the potion mixing, where the NPC gives you clues about the ingredients, but doesn't tell the exact recipe. Although in that case, the BR potion recipe is the same as in the encyclopedia.

Did you find the ZM map to be a good difficulty level, or too easy/too hard by the way?

My thinking for the guild map invasion was to make it a little bit of an inconvenience for the guild, to really encourage it to be cleared. The invasion is attacking your guild's home so it's more like a real invasion/attack in that way.

Good point about being able to delete a guild.
I added #guild_disband and #party_disband commands for the guild/party leader to fix that.

I also noticed that issue in the mixing window. I'll try and see if there is something I can do about it without modifying the client.
Edit: upgrading is now fixed:
* if you have 10 tit chain +1 items, and you click on "mix" 10 times, it will upgrade all of them to +2
* it will upgrade the exact selected item (before it upgraded the 1st titanium chain mail in the inventory)
The mixing window still changes the selection, since a +1 item was selected, but after upgrading it is now a +2 item, so the mixing window then selects another +1 item instead.
But at least the correct item is being mixed now.

#33 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:40 PM

Mixing while harvesting was something I thought might make harvesting less boring, since you can do multiple things at once; you can still afk-harvest if you want, or you could also be mixing at the same time.
I liked it, if you can level attack and defense at same time why not harvesting and a mixing skill as well.

I made the exp curve for mixing similar like it is for killing mobs. As your a/d level gets higher, you get less exp for killing low level mobs. I have the same concept for mixing; you can't get to lvl 80 manufacturing by mixing leather helmets anymore.
Instead, as your mixing level gets higher, you will need to mix higher level items to get good exp.
Will need to have lots of things to mix in game for those that are mixer types of players. I didnt mind xp going down as the char leveled, as long as the item being mixed was not stopping mixing too often with the minimal xp. eg i was after the multiple item (BRs, Vials, FEs etc) not the xp.

Also liked that the mobs xp came at the kill and that they didnt drop crap that could not be used.

How high will the respawn CD rise to for player deaths, I kinda think it was getting longer the more times i died?

#34 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

Yeah agree, will need to add more mixable items. So far I only have the low level item recipes in the game. Next step for me is to add mid-level instances and mid-level item recipes for mixing.
I'm not sure if the success rate for mixing is the same as OL since I'm not sure what the exact formula is.
The current mixing formula I have is 50% success rate when your mixing skill is equal to recommended level (and 25% of failed mixes being crit fail).
You can see current success rate as a graph here: https://www.desmos.c...ator/8bw7mptn8i (-10 on the x-axis means you are 10 levels under the recommended level for mixing that item).
Both the success rate and the exp gained scale based on how close you are to the recommended level, so you can either get a lot of exp per item, or you can get a good success rate, but not both at the same time.
I might change the parameters later, that's just something started with.

Respawn timer is 10 seconds + (a+d)/5. So for a char with 75 a/d, the respawn timer is 40 seconds (10 + 150/5 => 10 + 30 => 40).
Max level is 100, so absolute maximum would be a 50 second respawn timer.

#35 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:14 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 04 October 2020 - 04:39 AM, said:

I'd also like to add to ensure you add some shorthand for those longer commands! Such as "Revive/resurrect" you can have it be "#res playername". As for the parties, rather than have a million commands, it may just be easier to code in a nice #menu such as OL has for #menu guild, and #menu RTG. This menu also shows all party members, HP, mana(?), and location. I know Warlock had mentioned this exact method previously, but really.. Path of Exile's party system has it nailed.

#party and #guild commands were added. They open the corresponding menus for party and guild.
You can find parties/guilds and request to join them, and party/guild leaders can use the menu to invite/kick players as well as disband the party/guild.
Let me know what you think.

Also added the #res <playername> command as a short-hand for #resurrect.
Both #p and #pm can be used to send messages to your party.

#36 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:22 PM

Recap for Week 7 updates:
  • Menus added for guild/party.
  • Implemented buffs (before I just had a hack for invisibility, now the buff system will work for all buffs)
  • Magic system improvements: magic exp gained for casting spells and added a required level for spells
  • Heal spell and shield spell added. Shield spell is different from EL/OL: instead of adding armor, it is casted on target and the shield will absorb X amount of damage (based on caster's magic level).
Was a busy week at work so unfortunately not as much progress here as I would've liked.

Next week's plan: attributes and equipment/set bonuses.

#37 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 PM

Week 8 updates:
  • Equipment bonuses and on-hit effects. Mirror cape damage deflection and MoL healing added as the first on-hit effects (and the effect scales based on the upgrade, i.e. +10 mirror cape will be much more useful than +1).
  • Attributes implemented for fighters (magic/ranging/summoning not yet done)
  • PPs can be used in the attribute menu (no need to go to Wraith). #menu for the main menu, #attributes to access the attribute menu directly.
  • Now using the same attributes as OL (was using EL attributes before). However, attribute effects are not exactly the same as OL.
  • Added compression for large messages sent from server to client

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users