• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:35 AM

Just out of curiousity is Violaters ban a permanent one or just a punitive ban based on time?

#22 violater

violater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:39 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 21 March 2021 - 11:00 PM, said:

View Postviolater, on 21 March 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

View Postidefix, on 20 March 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

You macroed knowing it's illegal and got banned. Why are you complaining on the forums? Case closed.
ty m8 for ur 2 cents but the sad thing is i did not try any illegal thing since my 2 alts got banned Ridy and Old, so my complaining is pretty genuine as too much real $ was invested into that char.

View Postskullpants, on 21 March 2021 - 05:17 AM, said:

Perhaps that is true. I myself know very little about computer programming, IP addresses  and such and, wouldn't know how to spot a macro if it were next to me. What I do know is that very recently the players online list has gotten very small. Are there only 4 or 5 players in the entire game with one guy operating an army of macro alts? If so then the game is in sad shape.
Same here skull i know very less abt programming and this is genuine fact as many times Eats himself has take up on my pc remotely via team viewer to help me out and yes all macroers are now scared to get their unknown alts to do the job and now they dont have vio to name tag their alts to mine

Teamviewer to help you with your problems is something I have offered to many, and teamviewer in itself does not take a computer genious to run, let alone help someone. I helped with simple fixes, and nothing else, things you could have googled to find- but I knew the answers directly and figured I'd give my support because I am like that, many others can contest this same thing.
Matter of fact, this program is simpler to use than learning the game, it simply requires 2 people to install team viewer, one person to tell the other a connection key (displayed on the screen), and then the person connects, and is using your computer through their own, and something I learned about via EL when people were helping me install maps back when I was a wee child and knew nothing more than how to find a file.
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with someone using a remote desktop to try to help you, other than me not wanting to be helping anyone else, lmao.
But by all means, if using a remote desktop makes you some ingengious hacker, I guess over 75% the internet is an ingenious hacker because they can access another computer through a program... You'd probably shit bricks if I did it for you directly through the CMD prompt and then you'd really think I was hacking.

View Postviolater, on 21 March 2021 - 06:54 AM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 20 March 2021 - 11:22 PM, said:

You macroed knowing it's illegal and got banned.
Seems a few people admitting (or neither "confirming or denying") to macroing but they didnt get banned......and we are not talking about newbie players either...

I dont care either way, just thought i would try and add some balance (or bias in the other direction?) to the {OS} guilds attack on Vio's post about his character ban/lock.
ty m8 if vio was actively macroing then i wud accept the ban and leave it be , but banning me for elena, multa, rougeAi is not justified as none are mine alt.
Ridy and Old were my bought alts and they got banned for macro and i never posted for them , even they had good levels and in top 50 ranking.
Vio shud not be banned for a past mistake or others mistake and if you are going to ban then u need to ban every player who ever macroed.

What is with your odd obsession thinking that you were banned for these characters? Did you really get that butthurt over a joke that you played into as well? Obviously any player with IM status or higher is capable of seeing your IP's, and can clearly see that those characters all differ in IPs from you.
Yes while there are VPN's, proxy's, and the likes of that, we have seen that many do not work for OL and it will either not let you log in, or will ban you instantanesouly. We had several rounds of "tests" done proving this back with Et_lors, Fire, and several other shit causers- which is honestly the category Vio is heading into, no wonder Learner hasn't replied to anything you've sent.
wow i am confused here
i only said i am not too good with softwares and interface like u guys are so i took ur help
secondly
so u r saying that i shud use vpn and then u r saying proxy dont work for Ol and then now u speak for L too wow, u seem to care too much to save urself

You r smart to act dumb :)
anyways this post has gone too long and L is least bothered to reply or to care to look for any real macro people.

I thought L was different from mr R

#23 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

View Postviolater, on 22 March 2021 - 06:39 AM, said:

View PostEatsAllLife, on 21 March 2021 - 11:00 PM, said:

View Postviolater, on 21 March 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

View Postidefix, on 20 March 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

You macroed knowing it's illegal and got banned. Why are you complaining on the forums? Case closed.
ty m8 for ur 2 cents but the sad thing is i did not try any illegal thing since my 2 alts got banned Ridy and Old, so my complaining is pretty genuine as too much real $ was invested into that char.

View Postskullpants, on 21 March 2021 - 05:17 AM, said:

Perhaps that is true. I myself know very little about computer programming, IP addresses  and such and, wouldn't know how to spot a macro if it were next to me. What I do know is that very recently the players online list has gotten very small. Are there only 4 or 5 players in the entire game with one guy operating an army of macro alts? If so then the game is in sad shape.
Same here skull i know very less abt programming and this is genuine fact as many times Eats himself has take up on my pc remotely via team viewer to help me out and yes all macroers are now scared to get their unknown alts to do the job and now they dont have vio to name tag their alts to mine

Teamviewer to help you with your problems is something I have offered to many, and teamviewer in itself does not take a computer genious to run, let alone help someone. I helped with simple fixes, and nothing else, things you could have googled to find- but I knew the answers directly and figured I'd give my support because I am like that, many others can contest this same thing.
Matter of fact, this program is simpler to use than learning the game, it simply requires 2 people to install team viewer, one person to tell the other a connection key (displayed on the screen), and then the person connects, and is using your computer through their own, and something I learned about via EL when people were helping me install maps back when I was a wee child and knew nothing more than how to find a file.
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with someone using a remote desktop to try to help you, other than me not wanting to be helping anyone else, lmao.
But by all means, if using a remote desktop makes you some ingengious hacker, I guess over 75% the internet is an ingenious hacker because they can access another computer through a program... You'd probably shit bricks if I did it for you directly through the CMD prompt and then you'd really think I was hacking.

View Postviolater, on 21 March 2021 - 06:54 AM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 20 March 2021 - 11:22 PM, said:

You macroed knowing it's illegal and got banned.
Seems a few people admitting (or neither "confirming or denying") to macroing but they didnt get banned......and we are not talking about newbie players either...

I dont care either way, just thought i would try and add some balance (or bias in the other direction?) to the {OS} guilds attack on Vio's post about his character ban/lock.
ty m8 if vio was actively macroing then i wud accept the ban and leave it be , but banning me for elena, multa, rougeAi is not justified as none are mine alt.
Ridy and Old were my bought alts and they got banned for macro and i never posted for them , even they had good levels and in top 50 ranking.
Vio shud not be banned for a past mistake or others mistake and if you are going to ban then u need to ban every player who ever macroed.

What is with your odd obsession thinking that you were banned for these characters? Did you really get that butthurt over a joke that you played into as well? Obviously any player with IM status or higher is capable of seeing your IP's, and can clearly see that those characters all differ in IPs from you.
Yes while there are VPN's, proxy's, and the likes of that, we have seen that many do not work for OL and it will either not let you log in, or will ban you instantanesouly. We had several rounds of "tests" done proving this back with Et_lors, Fire, and several other shit causers- which is honestly the category Vio is heading into, no wonder Learner hasn't replied to anything you've sent.
wow i am confused here
i only said i am not too good with softwares and interface like u guys are so i took ur help
secondly
so u r saying that i shud use vpn and then u r saying proxy dont work for Ol and then now u speak for L too wow, u seem to care too much to save urself

I don't care to save myself, more so pointing out errors in your argument that you think is so pristine. Arguing with idiots online is one of my favorite passtimes, I'll gladly spend hours just to get a rise out of you. Forums, in game, or elsewhere. It's called trolling, and it is something you fall victim to ever so easily and keep feeding into. *cheffs kiss*

You r smart to act dumb Posted Image
anyways this post has gone too long and L is least bothered to reply or to care to look for any real macro people.

I thought L was different from mr R

You're right, you ARE confused, but only by trying to cover your own bs. You were talking about programmers and the like and how "the macroers" could cover their trails because they're so good with computers, then persisted to use my assistance via remote desktop as en example of uber smart compooter guy stoof. And while you might think I'm "acting dumb" it's just you're so naive/oblivious to how anything works, anything you cannot comprehend you either consider stupid,.or consider it being something so advanced that its unacheivable by the daily lifer. As for the proxy's, why do you insist on putting words in people's mouths? It's like the 8th time this thread, and God knows how many prior to.  I never stated you should use one, and quite frankly if you bothered to even try to understand what was said it was "While there ARE VPN's,Proxy's, and the likes of that, we have seen that many DO NOT WORK for OL and will either NOT let you log in, or ban you instantaneously".

#24 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2021 - 11:23 AM

I will just put this out there as its come up before.

Macroing was never made legal. It was never made illegal. The rules of OL as a game are posted on this forum and do not cite macroing.

Learner has contradicted yourself in the forums by saying that he would not be spending time monitoring if people are macroing as it will detract from your time spent coding. Or whatever you spend your time doing.

Lastly, unless the person is a trouble maker, aren't Bans up to the community? This is still supposed to be a community led game.

I'm not advocating what Viol did was right, I am advocating that there should be one rule for all, not a pick and choose.

If you are banning one for macro I vote to ban everyone who has ever used a macro. Myself included.

#25 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 23 March 2021 - 11:23 AM, said:

Macroing was never made legal. It was never made illegal. The rules of OL as a game are posted on this forum and do not cite macroing.

Learner has contradicted yourself in the forums by saying that he would not be spending time monitoring if people are macroing as it will detract from your time spent coding. Or whatever you spend your time doing.

Lastly, unless the person is a trouble maker, aren't Bans up to the community? This is still supposed to be a community led game.

I'm not advocating what Viol did was right, I am advocating that there should be one rule for all, not a pick and choose.

If you are banning one for macro I vote to ban everyone who has ever used a macro. Myself included.

View PostLearner, on 30 May 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Technically it hasn't been made legal, just like it has not be explicitly identified as illegal. Keep in mind that given my experience with people in EL, then if specifically listed as illegal then anyone caught breaking it ALL of their chars would be liable for punishment, not just the one or two caught doing it, that includes the Mains!

Seems like this post is coming back to Butlers 2018 one regarding macro being illegal, and I am pretty sure we determined something along the lines that it is there. Regardless, why repeat a post/thread that already exists.

#26 skullpants

skullpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:57 AM

It sure would be nice if Learner would take the time to respond here. Again I ask if Violaters ban is a permanent ban, or is it a punitive ban that will expire over time?

#27 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

I vote for exp reduction penalty for macroing and maybe partial item wipe (depending on vow much was gained from macroing) and unlock the char, there's few enough players in this game :)

#28 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 03:48 AM

This whole post is crap... nothing more than Vio.....or whoever he is complaining and spreading hearsay.... i appreciate skullpants responses of wheres "L" .      I thought OMG had a valid word and lots of other ppl talked about how its not legal....why is this even an issue..  you know you did something wrong... you cheated.

#29 violater

violater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:59 PM

View PostAine, on 25 March 2021 - 03:48 AM, said:

This whole post is crap... nothing more than Vio.....or whoever he is complaining and spreading hearsay.... i appreciate skullpants responses of wheres "L" .   I thought OMG had a valid word and lots of other ppl talked about how its not legal....why is this even an issue..  you know you did something wrong... you cheated.
Hi Aine ty for ur cheap 2 cents on this matter, it seems it was hard for you to understand the topic hence "this whole post is crap" , First of all i have admitted that yes i have used the macro tricks in " past" but being present in front of my laptop  and 90% of others have also used them and some admitted to this post itself.
So if i am getting banned per se "cheated" for a past admitted act then it is not fair to let others get past by the ban.

So Aine if u have such high moral grounds then maybe u shud change ur crappy statement to "  all who ever macro/ cheated shud be banned" which wud be acceptable and fair instead of charging me and saving the ones who are also in hands in this dirt.

It would be nice if L cud if not much just post what my ban is " perma" or " time period" .

Oh btw Aine which  guild u in? oh i figured hence the hate speech ty. wow u r an IM " cheers"

#30 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:19 AM

Honestly this thread is making me both laugh and lose brain cells at the same time. Such a waste of time arguing.

And I agree that L should have said something by now to state the final verdict of Vio. Because of his lack of control, this thread has spiralled out of control into who can flame who the best. I'm sorry L but really disappointed in you as a 'leader' of this community.

FFS just do an EXP reduction, partial item wipe and unban and tell never to macro again or perm ban. The end.

#31 violater

violater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:34 PM

Hey Learner maybe you could let me know the status of my ban.

#32 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:25 AM

I'm not sure i understand this whole banning/macroing thing.

Is Vio the only banned character? Are these permanent bans? How many others have been banned to date?

I don't macro...whatever that means, but based on the posts and L's Green messages suggests that there are many players marcoing?

I would like to know the status on this issue to date.

Regards
Z

#33 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1434 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 March 2021 - 06:19 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 23 March 2021 - 11:23 AM, said:

I mean, the community thing, and all is generally up to the whim of Learner. Consistency in these things hasn't really ever happened. I mean you've had things like St Arcane getting banned for chatting shit in EL. It's just whatever pisses off Learner at x time.

never macroed myself, but yeah, doesn't surprise me a lot of people macro. Unless you literally become a zombie, it's really a slog to get levels and make higher end equipment at any sort of quantity. It's not really fun harvesting. Fuck me the medallions.

It is funny though how L will let the community decide only when he's not fussed, but will jump the gun on so many things.

*fades back into the abyss*

#34 violater

violater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:50 PM

Hi, is it so hard to reply to me L? Being the leader of this community i suppose you should atleast tell my the status of my ban.
It kinda ridiculous to be kept punished without a sentence to my character.

#35 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:22 PM

My two cents

Yes L, please let Violater know the status of his account.

I for one would vote to have him back, think he won't try that again.

Thanks

AlddrA

#36 violater

violater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:00 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 01 April 2021 - 02:22 PM, said:

My two cents

Yes L, please let Violater know the status of his account.

I for one would vote to have him back, think he won't try that again.

Thanks

AlddrA
Damm woman i love you :) always

#37 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2901 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:02 AM

How hard is it to see your locked? Why do you need any update since that hasn't changed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users