• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:05 AM

Hello everyone, as some of you were aware; I have recently been working on updating the Red Dragon texture, continuing off where BattleWizard had left off a few years back, you can see examples of his work in this forums post here(though the download link is broken, have no fear!)

You can download a combination of BattleWizards 2D/3D updates (the ground, rocks, etc.), BattleWizards Monster Mesh Pack, AND my new red dragon all convenient in this Google Drive Folder here
You do NOT have to download the .rar file, as I've already uploaded the contents of it there. That was placed in as it is the original package, but it DOES NOT include my red dragon skin, so please do use the meshes folder rather than the .rar file (it also requires less work on your end!)

The new texture of the Red Dragon FRONT/SIDE:
The new texture of the Red Dragon BACK/SIDE:
The before and after of the Red Dragon:

EDIT a second before and after:
Before and After using EL's concept art of the dragon:
Texture File Comparison:

#2 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:04 AM

Hi Eats...the pic showing OLD v. NEW has the model in a underground (dark) scene and the NEW in a outside map under sunlight/shadows. Is this pic a fair comparison?

Z

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:47 PM

View PostZian, on 25 June 2021 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hi Eats...the pic showing OLD v. NEW has the model in a underground (dark) scene and the NEW in a outside map under sunlight/shadows. Is this pic a fair comparison?

Z

I actually just used the picture available via the wiki. If you ask me, that position does it justice, you can always compare with the EL model. But I try to refrain from using their media for stuff.

As far as lighting, I'm unsure how much ray-tracing OL actually has, and the only thing it should relatively be affecting, would be the color that displays in areas. Whereas my texture is more based around the idea of the scales. I didn't change any coloration as a matter of a fact so what we're looking at more or less is the different tones. BUT, the EL dragon is here, and as I stated above... you can compare that as well, I just try to not use EL media too much haha.

#4 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:09 PM

Update: Added the before and after using EL's concept art image, and another before and after of the texture file itself.

#5 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the new comparison!

The new scales look really great and the effort shows in the result Eats!

Nice job.

Regards
Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users