• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 04:39 PM

Hello Everyone! After Warken's previous set give-away, it got me thinking of another style we could do this that wouldn't neccesarily make it so one person is giving items. I speculated on this and then thought back to another game I've played that had a gamble channel, lotteries were a popular feat there, and I did host a few of my own. I have decided to bring one of these lotteries over to Other-Life to try on for size.

How the lottery works: I have a spreadsheet, which you can VIEW/COMMENT upon here, and whomever participates will donate up 1-5 items to be entered. These items CANNOT be the common items, unless in large quantities, for example, you can donate 500 BR's/SR's, but you cannot donate just 5. Preferably keep it to items that are usable for most, if you're unsure a safe bet is always Gold coins, plat coins, or 'rare' drops like GHP/EMP, if you're really feelin' frisky you can donate bigger items such as iron armors, serp stones/swords, MoL's, etc. but don't feel pressured to break the bank to enter!
After the lotto has ran for 30 real life days (or so, I may let it go for 31) I will use a Random Number Generator (I could even #roll in game! Not everyone will be present for that, so I'm leaning towards a screen recording for you all) then based upon entrants 2-3 winners will be selected and prizes divied up that way Posted Image

TO ENTER: PM EatsAllLife to trade, we will meet at a storage, and I will take down your donations in the spreadsheet linked above.

I will be assigning everyone a number at random after the end date is met. I would let you guys choose, but there is no way to know how many people we will have, so you'd might choose a number too high! Another option is placing people's numbers in the order they entered, but generally randomizing makes it a bit more 'fun' in my opinion.

~EatsAllLife

Beginning: 8/4/2021
Ending: 9/4/2021

#2 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2021 - 05:09 PM

Sounds like fun...donated!!

Z

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 03:10 AM

Only 5 participants thus far, perhaps I was too "restrictive" on what could be donated. To make things more clear I'll compile a little list below of things that you CANNOT donate.
  • Flowers, I say these because they're quick to harvest, and easily obtained by any player as they don't require knowledge, nor very many levels. All other harvestables (Minerals/Ores) are accepted as they are time consuming, and 'worth more'.
  • MOST animal parts cannot be donated because they have no decent use! Exceptions are as follows: Rat Tails, Bear Furs, and Beaver Fur
  • Leather Armor, this doesn't mean augmented! So you can still donate augmented as these get used! I just don't want donations of plain leather torso/pants, as we all have I'm sure hundreds. (except for boots, those are accepted!)
  • Clothing (Shop clothes can be donated, but I'd prefer not to if at all possible)
  • Low-end weapons (if its listed below, it is not accepted)
    • Iron Sword
    • Iron Broad Sword
    • Steel Long
    • S2E
    • Tit Short
    • Iron Axe
    • Wooden Staff
    • IBH
  • Tools, most tools cost gold coins and I'd rather you donate that than the tools themselves, that way players can choose where to spend it! :)

#4 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 04:05 PM

Hello everyone! The donation lotto has now been ran! We finished out with a stunning 13 participants, which is almost double what I had initially expected to part-take! The prize pool was quite desireable, but sadly not everyone could win Posted Image

Here was the available prize-list: https://gyazo.com/ec...e815b9f4865ed44

The winners of the first player-hosted lottery are as follows:

1st place: SkullPants 2nd place: The_Piper 3rd place: AlddrA The video of the #roll's can be found at the following link: https://youtu.be/ezWVMe7gRkw

#5 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 September 2021 - 06:09 PM

Great Event...we haven't had one in awhile!

Thankyou Eats for organizing and hosting the Donation Lotto Event!

Well done!
Z

#6 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:05 AM

View PostZian, on 05 September 2021 - 06:09 PM, said:

Great Event...we haven't had one in awhile!

Thankyou Eats for organizing and hosting the Donation Lotto Event!

Well done!
Z

Thank you! Since this one had such a great turn-out! I plan to do another one soon, I am thinking a resource based lotto, similar to how this ran, but only flowers/minerals/ores! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users