•  
- - - - -

remove cooldown on fruit/veggies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove cooldown on fruit/veggies (124 member(s) have cast votes)

Remove cooldown on fruit/veggies?

1. Yes, no cooldown at all (32 votes [26.02%])

Percentage of vote: 26.02%

2. Yes, remove MOST of the cooldonw (12 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

3. Maybe remove some of the cool down (33 votes [26.83%])

Percentage of vote: 26.83%

4. Maybe not, just remove a little cooldon of Fruits & Vegies (19 votes [15.45%])

Percentage of vote: 15.45%

5. No, Leave it like it is (26 votes [21.14%])

Percentage of vote: 21.14%

6. No, lets change the Feast Pot formula instead (1 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

7. I don't know (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#81 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

In EL I was a fairly high lvl manu before I could "spare" the pp for IEDP! in fact most ppl I know who took it were already experienced players rather than noobs. bones are expensive.

#82 groomsh

groomsh

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostBat17, on 16 November 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

In EL I was a fairly high lvl manu before I could "spare" the pp for IEDP! in fact most ppl I know who took it were already experienced players rather than noobs. bones are expensive.
Not really, i took it right from the beginning. Personally don't like mixing with shrooms and on the other note, i always managed to trade shrooms for bones ;)

#83 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

The el bot bone trade was particularly interesting one. I owned a bot in a cave where there was loads of skeletons and players used to frequently come there just to level. Because the bot was convenient, players would gladly sell bones collected from leveling for a lower price than if they had to travel elsewhere. The bot would then sell to the bone eaters at slightly lower cost than the more distant bots. Maybe a good example of how bot trading can benefit all and still be profitable.

Personally, I never took iedp, although I still think its a good perk for a mixer. It really depends on your mixing style which, in my case, tended to be to 'mix from the bag' rather than 'haul to store'.  With the former, cooldown works to your advantage in that your harv whilst in cooldown and mix when cooldown is complete. The trick (as I dare say all pro-mixers know) is to choose a food with a cooldown that balances the amount you need to harv to mix a batch. Too much cooldown and you end up with surplus harvings which then reduce emu or have to be wasted; Too little cooldown and you end up spending excess time harving. I usually used either fruit, cooked meat, or a combination of fruit shrooms and anti's. I rarely used feasting pots (aka scoffs), as it was more profitable to make and sell them. Sorry to go so far off topic. I guess the point was merely to emphasise that cooldown actually provides a lot of interesting challenge that it would be really a shame to lose.

#84 Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Voted to lower the cooldown or change the PoF forumla

I had IEDP as soon as it came out and loved it ever since, I need that perk back ^^

#85 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Nice Necro of a virtually 'dead' thread shadeslayer - anyway, the outcome of this poll was the reduction of fruits/veggies by 5 seconds. Still can be changed in the future.

#86 Elf

Elf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationRussia, Saint-Petersburg

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Lazy mixers still want IEDP. Just a notice: the cost of 5 bones in EL is more then the 1 potion of feasting price. It's the strong reason to say that such mixers are lazy :P Please don't make PoF useless. As for me, I prefer save all bones I've collected to make "Danse Macabre" with summoned skellies later ;)

#87 Legolis

Legolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I think it should be reduced across the board.  I also like the convert raw to cooked meat at tavern idea.  I played through many changes and know that i would still use FP on big ticket items to keep mixing faster but having to use Fp for everything but bery low end items to level is silly to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users