•  
- - - - -

Do we feel special on an special day ?

special day

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of Special Days? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Should something be done to Special Days?

1. Completely disable them (11 votes [17.74%])

Percentage of vote: 17.74%

2. I like them, but they need tweaking, remove for now (7 votes [11.29%])

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

3. I like them, but lets tweak them more now (31 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Leave it as it is (11 votes [17.74%])

Percentage of vote: 17.74%

5. Other, see below (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

6. I don't know (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

What priority does this have?

1. Very Important, we need this right away! (7 votes [11.29%])

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

2. More important then Attribute/Combat changes (2 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

3. Less important then Attribute/Combat changes (36 votes [58.06%])

Percentage of vote: 58.06%

4. I don't know (2 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

5. Not vety, get to it eventually (15 votes [24.19%])

Percentage of vote: 24.19%

Vote

#1 elg3neral

elg3neral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

I like to bring the special days to an discussion.
Personal i dislike the special days why?

1- It's unfair for those who cant play 24/7
2- some of the days are pretty stupid / peace day - green day - labour day - solar day - day of more grief  etc...
3- some are pretty OP / suntzu - robin tell - magic day - etc...
4- Peeps do stuff only when a special day hits that conform their needs even if they need to wait a long time.

It sucks that you need to wait for magic day to train on your magic ..... (without the feeling that you're wasting stuff)

choices for the poll

(1) Completely remove the special days!
(2) I like special days we just need to tweak it - for now, keep it like it is now!
(3) I like special days we just need to tweak it - for now, disable it till we have tweaked it !
(4) I love special days please don't change it!
(5) Something else!

(sorry for my poor english)

* Sponsored Poll *
sponsored by LuciferX

Edited by Learner, 10 October 2012 - 08:14 AM.
added poll sponsorship

#2 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

I think this is one of those problems that stems from underlying problems that should be re-evaluated instead.

#3 malameo

malameo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

2 (tweak), nerf them down to 10% exp bonus, change bad days to some less annoying (green day -> no npc day, peace day -> chance creatures will run away), it'll be a nice feature but not enough to define what people can/must do

#4 Trojan_Knight

Trojan_Knight

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'd vote with a combination of 3 & 5.

That being revamp the entire special days. So that their is only a couple or less per irl month. Also instead of them being a full game day, have them be a full irl day. Change names ,come up w/ new names or ideas, an close them off till have them completed.

:)

#5 Grendous

Grendous

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

I don't see a problem with a a special day lasting one game day. I don't know how someone playing more than you is unfair. Everyone is in same boat sometimes you catch a good day on last hour its all about luck. Rich people not having to work is unfair

#6 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

My vote would be 3.

#7 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

New bad day: Strike day

NPCs won't trade with you

Bad: can' t use npc
Good: more market trades and player interaction.

#8 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

I tend to think that they should last longer but be less powerful.

Though another option may be to have "Celebration Days" where it is known in advance what will happen.

Bat17

#9 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

I would vote #5.
The "good" days I generally could care less about, they don't dictate what I do or don't do, with the exception of sun tzu.  The bad days are pretty bad and do dictate what I do/don't do out of necessity.  Which in turn means I generally will go do something else somewhere else out of the game.

I wouldn't vote against them but I'd like to see them more random and "special" and remove the bad ones.  I don't see a point to making everyone miserable.

#10 groomsh

groomsh

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Don't forget that extra exp #days have been nerved already ...
See >> this << post for initial changes from EL.
To be more precise:

25. Extra exp days give less exp then EL and have variable multipliers

#11 malameo

malameo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

i like the #days, but high bonus (50% exp or more) is an incentive to hoard AE/ings/whatever and very annoying to miss the #day; many like to have a #day of bonus to their backup skill (level manu usually, magic/summoning/etc on #day), but high bonus is very annoying because it always feels like a waste to use significant gc to level a skill, when plenty of other people have much better gc:exp ration on a special day.. not to mention tzu - 6h training that equals to 12 hours (or even 9-10 hours) is simply not cool (you know it's not. even if you're lucky, you might get no spawns)

i voted 'tweak more', if bonus random range is like Learner left them (sometimes 50%+) it's too much imo, i'd like to see very small bonus (10-30%) more often, or exp bonus days removed and replaced with less direct helping days

#12 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Ya, as some people already said; they can't be so powerful as to result in people only willing to do particular tasks on those #days.

#13 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

About the priority part of these polls:
While the priority of something might be low, if the "fix" is something as simple as just disabling something that takes 10 seconds to do, and doesn't affect anything else with the disabling, shouldn't that count for something?
"Priority low but disabling it only takes a few seconds so might as well just do it now anyway"

#14 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

I feel special every day :>. How about keep the days but don't announce or list in #day? Since xp increase isn't as large it wouldn't be as obvious.

#15 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

I love special days (well maybe I don't love acid rain day so much lol). So many times, my strategy for achieving various things has been based around waiting for/reacting to special days. It's probably going to be unpopular, but I really think they're fun and one of the better aspects of EL.

There are masses of ways they can be tweaked, for instance, it would be great to see a special day that did something for guilds rather than individuals. Lost count of the number of times i've been awake at gone 4:00am in the morning just for a special day, or even dropped rl stuff to log on. Imho, this is one of the features of the game that is truly worth keeping and building on.

#16 yarnball

yarnball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

I'd love to see the day of fasting reduced to day time (like solar flares is).

This would reduce the the cumbersome limitation it causes while still keeping a "bad day" (as usual, my policy is that if we have good days, we MUST have bad ones for balance)

But pretty importantly it would give people a 30 minutes head up (as daytime is 0:30->3:30) to prepare and stuff themselves rather than them being taken by surprise

#17 Legolis

Legolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Need bad days to counter balance the good.  I agree on alot of what was said above.  I would like to see a day of drunkards where combat may or may not work right, randomly a spell or ring or even mixing does not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users