•  
- - - - -

Alt Characters In Other-Life

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Alts in Other-Life (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want to allow Alts in Other-Life

1. Yes - and I don't care how many per person (27 votes [20.61%])

Percentage of vote: 20.61%

2. Yes - but they should be limitted (34 votes [25.95%])

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

3. Yes - but the should pay for additional Alts (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

4. I don't know (3 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

5. Other (1 votes [0.76%])

Percentage of vote: 0.76%

6. No - one player per person! (55 votes [41.98%])

Percentage of vote: 41.98%

If Alts are permitted, what rules for Alts?

1. Anything goes (41 votes [31.30%])

Percentage of vote: 31.30%

2. Limit Alt interaction, similar to EL (29 votes [22.14%])

Percentage of vote: 22.14%

3. I don't know (9 votes [6.87%])

Percentage of vote: 6.87%

4. Other (3 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

5. No interaction at All (stricter then EL) (49 votes [37.40%])

Percentage of vote: 37.40%

If Alts are restricted, how should they be monitored

1. Really monitor & restrict (hard on mods) (27 votes [20.61%])

Percentage of vote: 20.61%

2. As need arrises, similar to EL (43 votes [32.82%])

Percentage of vote: 32.82%

3. I don't know (20 votes [15.27%])

Percentage of vote: 15.27%

4. Other (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

5. Only if the community is concerned (i.e. rarely) (30 votes [22.90%])

Percentage of vote: 22.90%

How to allow more Alts if allowed?

1. Free, just let them be made (47 votes [35.88%])

Percentage of vote: 35.88%

2. Shop item, 1 time fee per Alt (cost TBD) (34 votes [25.95%])

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

3. Shop item, yearly fee per Alt (cost TBD) (26 votes [19.85%])

Percentage of vote: 19.85%

4. I don't know (16 votes [12.21%])

Percentage of vote: 12.21%

5. Other (8 votes [6.11%])

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

Vote

#21 Faxie

Faxie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

I have created my alt in Eternal-Lands because I made some dumb choices on my main.

And if we have a new combat system, I will most likely screw up again and make an alt with the 'right' choices

#22 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

Good reason to sell soft-resets.

#23 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostKorrode, on 20 September 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

Good reason to sell soft-resets.

+1

#24 Orick

Orick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

I like the idea of charging money for more alts and limiting it to 2 alts(#1 for $25 and #2 for 100)... in EL we had talked many years back about people buying a "gold membership" that would allow you to do things that you could not normaly do suck as trading with your alts... i think this is a good idea...

I also think the back market should be ban however I do think there should be a market for buying and selling gc in the game and i think a % should be giving to the game to help with cost of things and i think the game as a whole should pick the price that gc is worth and limit the amount you can sell per month... the only reason i say this is i no longer have time to play like i once did but i do love playing, my time is now spent making more money in real life witch i dont mind useing in games here and there

#25 Orick

Orick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

also i have sold over 10 account on EL... not to make money but for the same reason as Faxie has created an alt... i decided i wanted to do something diferant and at the time that ment reset or start over so i started over... i think that there should be a controled way to sell your account that you are not useing if someone out there wants to play with it otherwise there will be a lot of abandend account never to be used again

#26 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ehhh you want the black market banned but you want to sell gc and accounts?  Why do you think people want it banned in the first place?

#27 Kidberg

Kidberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

No gc buying/selling, no character buying/selling.  None of that junk period.

Wizzy's idea is a good idea for alts.  I honestly don't think that people would pay 100usd for an alt character that starts at 7/7 a/d.  So that may cut out alts.  However I just say we limit alts to 1 or 0 and be done with it.

Honestly if the nexus system gets revamped to be easier on all arounders, don't see a need to have an alt.  Soft resets would let you re-specialize your character if you were not happy.

#28 Orick

Orick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

please explain in detail why people want no buying/selling of gc... i think i understand why peeps dont want buying of characters

#29 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

uhmm, black market? ruins the economy? what do you think it did?

#30 Orick

Orick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

would it still ruin the economy if it was controled to the amount of gc you can sell/buy per month? and one reason for this to me is so those who dont spend money on games can still use some of the shop items such as P2P and, if they are allowed later, bot/guilds/guild maps

#31 Wizzy

Wizzy

• PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostOrick, on 22 September 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

would it still ruin the economy if it was controled to the amount of gc you can sell/buy per month? and one reason for this to me is so those who dont spend money on games can still use some of the shop items such as P2P and, if they are allowed later, bot/guilds/guild maps

It is the year 2012. If someone really really really wants a p2p char, I am sure they could dig up 20 dollars. It is a free to play game. But if someone really wants something I am sure they could buy it. I mean, how many families have gone bankrupt from that 20 dollar yearly bot fee in EL?

Sorry to sound so curt. I really do not see this as a problem as long as prices remained fairly reasonable. I see many on line games that bought items by a player are 100% non transferable. Yet these games are still going, making an income.

#32 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

1812 or 2012, I don't think $ should benefit somebody in the ingame playing field.

I do see it as a problem, as kids play who either don't have access to paypal or credit cards, and their parents might not want them spending $ on an online game, and people in countries who might not have the economic situations others have, not to mention paypal isn't available everywhere.

P2P characters and bots are just a vanity or luxury items so that obviously can remain $.

#33 Fantastika

Fantastika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationLietuva

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

i vote for no alts in game.

#34 HaZe

HaZe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

I agree with Schmurk. No alts in game will be the best

#35 DonVillek

DonVillek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

agree with Schmurk and HaZe

#36 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

From a personal point of view, I don't care about alts, not like i'm going to make any (or at least, not developed ones) anyway...

Just the moderation implications of outright disallowing them are huge -_-

I assure you that if i really wanted to I could still have an alt and not be caught. Enforcing no alts against internet technology proficient people is not at all fast or easy.

#37 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hmm, I think we should have sorted this out before the wipe.

Anyway, I am not against people having alts, I am however very much against alts trading between each other... I'd actually go for the no alts at all rule before I'd go for a free for all alt spamfest, especially since mini events are removed.

#38 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I voted limited, shop item, no interaction. I like to be able to experiment with builds, and alts can help with that. However, I think alts should be linked to the same account, and only 1 can be active at a time. Tbh, if we get rid of the nexus requirements and only allow 1 on at a time, I dont mind them having a linked storage.

#39 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Should the vote pass that alts are strictly forbidden, I'd suggest either a wipe, delete all chars that had an alt, or at least remove all items from any player that had an alt.

I also had an alt, which I did not trade with (was planning on making 1 mixer and one fighter, but lets just prohibit alts outright), although I'll still gladly suffer the same consequences as the grey-area exploiters, for the greater good.

#40 Salt

Salt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

At first i voted, let people have as many alts as they wanted, but then remembered the current EL-OL system has nothing that (yet) addresses why people have alts, so changed it to no alts, for now(immediate future).....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users