8 replies to this topic

#1 StarDark

StarDark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hey ^^

I think the following suggestion will fit nice with the upcoming changes to guilds;
What guilds currently miss is a proper dialog with guild related information/settings.
Now we pretty much only use commands to (for example) set allies/enemies, invite players etc.
This is very old fashioned and not necessary.

So I'd like to suggest a dialog for the guild where guildmasters can manage their guild and other members can do stuff according to their rank.
Meaning: a rank 19 could also invite players in this screen.
I can also imagine to display information about the guild in this dialog; Allies/enemies list, guild members (maybe with online status? Middlefinger to mercator) etc.

What do you guys think, and perhaps, do you have addititons to this suggestion?

StarDark

#2 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

yeah visual guild management +1

#3 Torg

Torg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hmmm, a menu system for the guild functions could possibly be coded already with the user menus stuff. *shrug*

Of course there is information that the client doesn't know (such as player names etc) so you would still have to enter details using that sort of system. A server based interface would make that much easier.

#4 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

yeah, on unoff forums sonic put his user menu which has most guild commands, easy to add more. But a graphical interface instead of lots of #commands would be ideal.

#5 StarDark

StarDark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yes, most of the dialog would have information which could be obtained by currently available commands, but I also had in mind to have expanded information.
And to think of the future; say we implement guild-levels and/or guild-quests, then this dialog would be very nice =)

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

If a dialog can be defined good enough, we could look at creating it server side so that it populates important information and handled in the server instead of #xommands

#7 StarDark

StarDark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Ok I'll update the first post soon with detailed information

#8 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Would be cool if opening the "guild" window if you aren't in a guild should give you a list of guilds that you can browse/search through

#9 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

+1
Like this idea, How many guilds do we have already?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users