• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#41 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

How's everyone liking Korrode uninhibited hm?
Blunt truth and nothing else, good?

I might stick around and just do this, it's a lot more fun than pandering to people, and sort of a community service ^^

#42 Meneldor

Meneldor

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

That's why you are spoiled brat who think is above everyone else, but you only deserve pity and nothing else. Honestly this community is better without ppl like you who only know to brag about them self and their superiority. You are a sad, sad man.
*Bow* for your att/combat system, but i don't give a shit about it cause it won't  effect me in game and was only tested for combat, no magic, no word about mixing and you call it pr0 and balanced, rofl.

It's true I did nothing for this game and observing what was done and look at suggestions i lose will to write anything. Why? Cause most suggestions are for someones benefit or for theirs satisfaction. I haven't saw any list of problems that should be fixed/modified that are related to EL. I mean whats going on here for last few months?

#43 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, the statement that the game is better without Korrode is a totally false one.  Korrode is one of the very very few that has the ability to think outside the EL box and prioritise and actually come into a convo with more than:  "Hey, here's a vague idea that would be fun.  Now someone else spend the time and brainpower to think about it and flesh out how it can actually be implemented and take it from idea to reality."  We've got 100 idea people here and about 3 or 4 actual thinkers and do-ers.  Losing one of those thinkers is a huge blow.  Huge.

#44 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostNova, on 04 December 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Losing one of those thinkers is a huge blow.  Huge.
thinkers and do-ers*
I'd say he's the biggest do-er here.  (Other than Learner of course)
How many else here can actually put their money concept->research->create->test->present factual statistics->explain-> where their mouth is?

I'm going to also disagree that the community is better off without Korrode.  Good luck filling those shoes.

#45 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I would pretend to be surprised , but then .... considering how fantastic it is to finally see the ''real'' korrode , it doesnt surprise me one bit that he is capable of even greater heights of self indulgent ass holery

this is a fantastic development for the game in general, because now we get to hear how awesome he is *with the gloves off*

cant wait to witness how hard he is going to pwn all of us online retards, I mean after all this is the general hobby of the worlds leading intellectuals isnt it --- pwning online retards ? maybe not ey

#46 Meneldor

Meneldor

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I never said he's incapable, I don't doubt his abilities of programmer, but all that goes to nothing if his attitude is like this...

Let me describe this forum and your way of thinking: *whining* We need thinkers and do-ers! We need council! No we don't need council cause they will be selfish and promote theirs ideas!" *whining* *whining* *whining*....
Now is plain obvious why Learner hasn't agreed for council, cause there is no1 who is enough mature to be in it.

#47 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

I haven't actually seen many people in favor of council tbh.  Just a vocal few who keep bringing up the idea.  I certainly don't understand most of the want for it.  It seems the main reason people want it is that it will make things 'go faster' and I've already stated in a few threads that, with the amount of time these changes take to finish and implement and test, we don't need to be making decisions any faster (but we do need to think about them more deeply) and a governing body of people does not need to refine or limit what is seen and discussed by the community.  At the most we need a forum mod who really only makes sure that there aren't 100 different threads on the same topic.

We're all devolving into toy throwing brats who cry when they don't get their way, it's not just one.

#48 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I guess I kind of envisioned a council for the 1st tier foundation and framework.  Obviously everybody here can't really be involved in that, that requires knowledge of coding, EL game mechanics, what went wrong with EL game mechanics, what is right about EL game mechanics, and how everything intertwines.  I didn't originally like the council idea but these forums are a mess.  Even @1 is a mess when these topics come up.  So many ideas get lost, or framework ideas buried by minor desires, and most are fighting for things to suit themselves.  Fair enough but not good to build a framework on.

People are simply getting frustrated and everyone handles that differently.  I don't think that is because they expect things done yesterday but because there are too many voices clamoring for something different and there is gridlock.  There has to be a direction to aim for first and we can't even agree on that!

All the rest of the stuff after the foundation is set shouldn't have a council.  The discussions and polling are perfect.

#49 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Seriously, what the actual fuck. Take this crap to PM's instead of piling up your post count with pathetic and unnecessary bullshit. Stick to the thread's topic.

I'm generally not fussed which way this goes. If we have this 'council' i'm all for it, if we don't then there's no loss, I just simply made the topic. At the rate this bullshit is expanding I see no reason why I dont just ask Learner to delete all these pathetic posts. I even made it clear I really don't want this thread to turn into a pathetic flame fest.

So why doesn't anyone promote the idea to Learner and get his true opinion on a forum REGULATOR, I don't like the word moderator as it sounds too power hungry and makes you seem above the majority.

Yes, No?

#50 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Probably because then everybody will scream like they do in EL forums about censorship.

Take a chill pill. It's not maturity to make yet another thread on the same topic, it's not your forums, it's not your game. Let people say their piece.  I just had that lesson handed to me, I'm passing along the favor.

#51 Jade

Jade

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostMeneldor, on 04 December 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

That's why you are spoiled brat who think is above everyone else, but you only deserve pity and nothing else. Honestly this community is better without ppl like you who only know to brag about them self and their superiority. You are a sad, sad man.
*Bow* for your att/combat system, but i don't give a shit about it cause it won't  effect me in game and was only tested for combat, no magic, no word about mixing and you call it pr0 and balanced, rofl.

It's true I did nothing for this game and observing what was done and look at suggestions i lose will to write anything. Why? Cause most suggestions are for someones benefit or for theirs satisfaction. I haven't saw any list of problems that should be fixed/modified that are related to EL. I mean whats going on here for last few months?

First of all, I am not one of Korrodes followers, friends w/e you want to call it. With that said, Korrode does know what he is talking about, knows el's problems, and tried helping here wanting this project to proceed. I have not agreed with everything Korrode has said and on a few occasions he took the time to explain to me his plans and views. So losing Korrode isnt a good thing.

As for what has happened in the last few months here.... ALOT of changes have been made. Just because you don't care about 1 aspect of the game doesnt mean nothing has been done.

View PostMeneldor, on 04 December 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

I never said he's incapable, I don't doubt his abilities of programmer, but all that goes to nothing if his attitude is like this...

Let me describe this forum and your way of thinking: *whining* We need thinkers and do-ers! We need council! No we don't need council cause they will be selfish and promote theirs ideas!" *whining* *whining* *whining*....
Now is plain obvious why Learner hasn't agreed for council, cause there is no1 who is enough mature to be in it.

No one mature enough to do it? i highly disagree. We arent ALL sniveling little brats.

View PostAislinn, on 04 December 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

I guess I kind of envisioned a council for the 1st tier foundation and framework.  Obviously everybody here can't really be involved in that, that requires knowledge of coding, EL game mechanics, what went wrong with EL game mechanics, what is right about EL game mechanics, and how everything intertwines.  I didn't originally like the council idea but these forums are a mess.  Even @1 is a mess when these topics come up.  So many ideas get lost, or framework ideas buried by minor desires, and most are fighting for things to suit themselves.  Fair enough but not good to build a framework on.

People are simply getting frustrated and everyone handles that differently.  I don't think that is because they expect things done yesterday but because there are too many voices clamoring for something different and there is gridlock.  There has to be a direction to aim for first and we can't even agree on that!

All the rest of the stuff after the foundation is set shouldn't have a council.  The discussions and polling are perfect.

You are correct. People haven't thought things through enough such as the time needed to make changes. We do need more ppl with coding knowledge to address the issues. I have told learner if i knew anything about coding i would try and help him. My help is best served in testing the changes on test server and giving him my opinions. Which is what more ppl need to be doing. A developement team/council i still think is a good idea. Ones who (as korrode said) Have the best interest of the GAME in mind.

#52 Wizzy

Wizzy

• PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I suggested on day 2 learner scrap everything and use the el server code as a framework and add things back into game 1 at a time ensuring balance. It was suggested that this would take too long to get the server up and running.

I re-suggest the same. Korrode is not god, his system is not perfect. However, it is the best system I have seen so far. It adds far more options for balance than the current system.

I hope Korrode chooses to stick with the development of this game. I would also like to see every item in game scrapped and re-added one at a time to ensure balanced items in game (this includes all mages, fighters,mixers, pkers and rangers etc)

#53 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostWizzy, on 04 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I suggested on day 2 learner scrap everything and use the el server code as a framework and add things back into game 1 at a time ensuring balance. It was suggested that this would take too long to get the server up and running.
Funny, the rushing then is going to cause so much delay now and later.
Too bad Learner didn't heed your suggestion back then.

#54 iowa

iowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

Now, after 2 months, if views are different and if it is needed to make things work better, maybe it is an option to start over. Or am I saying something really wrong here and will restarting cause an uproar?

#55 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostAislinn, on 04 December 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Probably because then everybody will scream like they do in EL forums about censorship.

Take a chill pill. It's not maturity to make yet another thread on the same topic, it's not your forums, it's not your game. Let people say their piece.  I just had that lesson handed to me, I'm passing along the favor.

I said nothing about creating a topic. I said talk/"promote" the idea to Learner.

And No, every game needs some kind of order. EL and yourself take it to the extreme sometimes. It's not censorship to create an archive and move dead threads/multiple topics out of the general circulation so that we aren't tied down with re-reading necro'd threads.

Your point is kind of invalid imo.

#56 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

*shrugs* Oh well, in my opinion it's not.

<snip> Don't take this personally to ME, I was just mature enough to make a thread for you all to talk it out on, <snip>

When I get back from rl errands, I'll replace this line with your other quotes telling people what they can or can't say in "your" thread too.

(EL's forum moderation is irrelevant here for multiple reasons)

Also addressed the forum restructuring idea in iowa's thread he/she started specifically for that. (Hint: don't like that either, moving topics around from their original home).

#57 Wizzy

Wizzy

• PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostKorrode, on 04 December 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Funny, the rushing then is going to cause so much delay now and later.
Too bad Learner didn't heed your suggestion back then.

I am under the impression that it is not too late. By doing this and re-adding things back to game once the combat system has been established it would be a lot cleaner to
1) Add each item back into game with stats that fit the new combat system
2) Add a forumlae for the item that ensures a balanced economy
3) Add buy/sell prices to the npc's for the items that ensure a balanced economy
4) Add books and break rates to the items that offer gold sinks and item sinks that are balanced with the above.

How do we ensure balance?

1) Set the value of a gold coin.  My idea is simple. Set the value of a gc to emu. so that harvested items have a cocurrent value
EXAMPLE: Set all flower prices to 1, Set silver ore to 3emu (3gc;s) set Iron to 5emu (5gc's)
EXAMPLE: This would make a health ess with current formulae 2Silver+1 MUM = 7gc's + food
EXAMPLE Have the npc's buy the HE for 7 gc's and sell them for 7gc+foodcost + 2gc's

In the above example, it would always make more sense to buy HE from players, But for those that are impatient, or want vast amounts fast they can opt to pay a little more from npc creating a natural gold sink.
Regardless of the above example the point is that all items in game should have a value for raw goods that make sense. I propse emu as the great equalizer to set those prices. It is much eaiser to balance the economy this way then to have raw harvestables change in value to the point were npc buy/sell prices would need to be changed.

2) Every item in the game needs to have a set value and use
There is no sense in having EXAMPLE "wood logs" in game that have no set value to npc's, mixers,

3) Each item in game needs an exit point. However they also need to come into game
Example It is a bad idea to have super rare drops from monsters that only really benifit the ebul rich fighters that can set the prices of these items
EXAMPLE NMT cape, really rare that only yeti slayers seem to find, sold to noobs that save for months to purchase from players that keep raising the prices up. Really rare items that are desireable to everyone is an obvious gold sink at npc.

Sure this might sound like a slow process. However, it is the only way to sift through all the items, formulaes stats, npcs, magic spells, etc in an organized way.

Before you do this though, you need to have an idea of what the "end" game is going to look like.

Game Design is Not an easy thing. That is why 4 guys got rich from Triva Pursuit and a million have evented games no one has ever heard of or played.

I have no doubt in the talents that exist inside this community.  Learner, you would be best served to embrace some of the talents, and start from the beginning. If it is well planned, and balanced you will have 1 hell of a game here.

Wiz.

#58 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostAislinn, on 05 December 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

*shrugs* Oh well, in my opinion it's not.

<snip> Don't take this personally to ME, I was just mature enough to make a thread for you all to talk it out on, <snip>

When I get back from rl errands, I'll replace this line with your other quotes telling people what they can or can't say in "your" thread too.

(EL's forum moderation is irrelevant here for multiple reasons)

Also addressed the forum restructuring idea in iowa's thread he/she started specifically for that. (Hint: don't like that either, moving topics around from their original home).

Talk IT, The TOPIC not some bullshit that someone feels is relevent to post.

I clearly didn't outline you cant talk about this, you can talk about that. I simply asked to try and keep to the fucking point instead of de-railing the subject like we are now.

Seriously pathetic that you're even trying to justify (or seem to want to) people's flaming on a thread.

Tbh i'm done

#59 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2933 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

* LOCKED AT ORIGINAL AUTHORS REQUEST *

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: council, team, design, design team, other-life, other, life, work, community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users