•  

Attributes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

Poll: X-Attribute PP Selection (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this tested?

1. Yes (48 votes [82.76%])

Percentage of vote: 82.76%

2. No (7 votes [12.07%])

Percentage of vote: 12.07%

3. I don't know (3 votes [5.17%])

Percentage of vote: 5.17%

How many PPS should be gained per level with this system (will be tunable, this is what you expect will work best)?

1. 1 PP per level (7 votes [12.07%])

Percentage of vote: 12.07%

2. 1.5 PP per level (3 every two) (8 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

3. 2 PP per level (35 votes [60.34%])

Percentage of vote: 60.34%

4. I don't know (8 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

Should Carry Capacity be put into it's own X-Attribute with this sytem instead of being part of Might?

1. Yes (21 votes [36.21%])

Percentage of vote: 36.21%

2. No (23 votes [39.66%])

Percentage of vote: 39.66%

3. I don't know (14 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Do any X-Attributes need to be weakened with this sytem (include comment also)?

1. Yes, weakened a lot (2 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

2. Yes, weakened a little bit (10 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

3. No (20 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

4. I don't know (26 votes [44.83%])

Percentage of vote: 44.83%

Should we consider Magic X-Attributes be added that affect Attack & Defensive spell strength with this system?

1. Yes (35 votes [60.34%])

Percentage of vote: 60.34%

2. No (11 votes [18.97%])

Percentage of vote: 18.97%

3. I don't know (12 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

Vote

#41 Infamous

Infamous

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

so as Learner codes this can we get another attribute suggestion going and all vote on that one?

#42 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

While the number of votes has been a let down, so far we're looking at:
  • Yes, we want to take the time to test it
  • 2 PP per OA level or maybe just a little lower initially (tunable of course)
  • Yes, EMU should probably be under the control of it's own X-Attr
  • No weakening will be done to the X-Attr's initially, But if you think about it, separating Carry EMU out does that a little bit already.
  • Yes, let's try Magic Attack & Magic Defense being affected by their own new X-Attr's
Reminder, this will only be for testing at this time. Some prep work has been done, but additional work will be done. The Poll is being left open to get other peoples feedback before it's available for testing.

#43 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

I change my vote on this poll.  More I think on it, the more I think this can be very good system.  When I vote before i were tired of to test QEL system and not want to do more test.  Is a big change from EL, but still familiar.  Can lead to many different, effective build, depend on what u like to do.  I look at spreadsheet for long time tonight.  Hades, I think u have good idea here.  Maybe need few tweaks as we go, but solid start.

We start at 0 for all xattrib or some higher number as before?

My big fear as always is to make too class-like, so reliant on other people to play.  Coming from game that have this class system, I don't like it.  Never can do what I want, when I want cuz all times i wait on others who are necessary to play.  For "classes" in spreadsheet, for tank build, lot of thing will have to change to make it effective option, like ability to aggro and others.

It seem like we need to test this AND changes to summ/magic/rang/eng together to understand how/if it all work together.  I would not vote for any final change if any skill levels were reset to 0, unless all skill levels reset to 0.

#44 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostNightmare, on 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

I change my vote on this poll.  More I think on it, the more I think this can be very good system.  When I vote before i were tired of to test QEL system and not want to do more test.  Is a big change from EL, but still familiar.  Can lead to many different, effective build, depend on what u like to do.  I look at spreadsheet for long time tonight.  Hades, I think u have good idea here.  Maybe need few tweaks as we go, but solid start.

My big fear as always is to make too class-like, so reliant on other people to play.  Coming from game that have this class system, I don't like it.  Never can do what I want, when I want cuz all times i wait on others who are necessary to play.  For "classes" in spreadsheet, for tank build, lot of thing will have to change to make it effective option, like ability to aggro and others.

It seem like we need to test this AND changes to summ/magic/rang/eng together to understand how/if it all work together.  I would not vote for any final change if any skill levels were reset to 0, unless all skill levels reset to 0.

I have to agree here completely, it is tiresome to wait on other people (though EL still you had to wait for a ranger, or a tank in some cases). Also I think according to the spreadsheet we start with 2 of all x-attri, but I might be wrong.
If any are reset to 0, I'd like to see all reset to 0 to give people a fair chance. But I dont think they should be rolling-reset (i.e. when summoning is fixed, everyones summoning level is 0, when magic is fixed they are reset to 0... Every stat, probably excluding harvesting (imo) should be reset. Whether we retain knowledge, storages etc are a different story)

#45 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1192 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 31 January 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

View PostNightmare, on 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

I have to agree here completely, it is tiresome to wait on other people (though EL still you had to wait for a ranger, or a tank in some cases). Also I think according to the spreadsheet we start with 2 of all x-attri, but I might be wrong.
If any are reset to 0, I'd like to see all reset to 0 to give people a fair chance. But I dont think they should be rolling-reset (i.e. when summoning is fixed, everyones summoning level is 0, when magic is fixed they are reset to 0... Every stat, probably excluding harvesting (imo) should be reset. Whether we retain knowledge, storages etc are a different story)
This sounds almost sounds like a server wipe

#46 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

aye, I would hate to have a complete server wipe, but if necessary I wouldnt mind aslong as I got what I paid for ;)

#47 Jade

Jade

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

It does seem the logical thing to do. All skills and stats are related to each other and you must think how changing one skill will affect the others. So with Magic, summoning, ranging all being completely reworked, and could result in level whipe, then a/d skills should also be whiped. We are still in testing phase and nothing should be considered permanent, even levels.

#48 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 31 January 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

But I dont think they should be rolling-reset (i.e. when summoning is fixed, everyones summoning level is 0, when magic is fixed they are reset to 0.

I agree, fix everything and make sure it all work together before consider a wipe of any kind.

#49 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Do rationality still affect xp like now or different?

#50 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Rationality is still planned to affect EXP at this time for initial testing.

#51 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

pan answer my question already, ty, and ty learner too :>

#52 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Just on a note about rationality exp; I feel the exp gained from rationality during the kill bonus should be lowered while this is in testing (As we have plenty more OA's, meaning epic amounts of exp.)

#53 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Why don't we test as is and see if can be abused before we start messing with it.

#54 Jade

Jade

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostNightmare, on 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Why don't we test as is and see if can be abused before we start messing with it.

I agree.

#55 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

The earliest version of the first draft is up on Test. Many known oddities so far, but playing is permitted.

#56 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

I've fixed many of the bugs, still have had an oddity in thw Wraith once that was fixed by the player re-logging. Preparing to test splitting Carry out from might and at the same time being able to buy proposed Magic specific X-Attrs.

NOTE: if the new X-Attrs are approved for live, it's given that more PP's per OA will be allowed compared to without doing that

There is a known abuse-able problem with this system with certain specific training only builds that is being looked into.

Please add your comments after testing what is there currently!

#57 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2682 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

I just did a major internal update related to X-Attrs. Checking for stray bugs would be helpful.

There should be no noticeable change from the earlier version, but bugs may have crept in. Possible bugs we need to look for is using the wrong X-Attr, using the base value instead of the currently value, using the old displayed X-Attrs (4 for most people) instead of the actual current value. Any of those bugs could easily be cause by cut & pastes errors.

The internal change was related to moving all of the current X-Attrs from their current storage location, to an area & method that allows easy extension as well as being able to work with them in bulk instead of having to code for each & every X-Attr on it's own. It also adds support for the future ability of items or awards being able to increase any X-Attr without losing that on a soft reset easily.

#58 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Current issue that stops this system from going live is the EMU problem. Since we added a new attribute for carry, many people were complaining that they don't have enough pps anymore, because to stay competitive they sacrificed a lot of EMU.

My original idea involved giving more attributes EMU. Something like Might(x10), Toughness(x10), Rationality(x7), Restore/Magic Def(x7) and Charm(x7). () being the amount of EMU they give. with 1.5 pps/level, aka 142~ pps at OA 95, a pure mixer/harver could have around 1350 EMU, wheres a fighter could go for something around 500-600~. A mage would have it a bit lower, but not feel so handicapped. Of course, the amount of emu the above-mentioned x-attributes give can be adjusted, maybe even cap the maximum carry capacity to 1000 or so, so an individual cannot get too much emu.

Another idea, which isn't as pleasing to me, is to make EMU depend on overall. Somewhere around 10 OA = 100-120 emu. Thing is, mixers/harvesters get overall way harder than fighters, they would have a harder time gaining emu. But I'm OK with this suggestion as well, at least I prefer this one instead of the 'Make emu have its own x-attribute' one.

Discuss! I'm awaiting your opinion.

#59 Meneldor

Meneldor

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Since EMU is split from Might and you want to have similar system as before you need to give more pp's per lvl. But honestly with this system most ppl will not be satisfied. Why? Cause you need to use brain and is not as before where you put most pp's in p/c and other attribute.

I don't agree with EMU depending on OA, fighters lvl really fast and they don't need that much EMU. They only need a lot of EMU cause they want to stay on spawn for a few hours and that is not factor.

If someone can't come up with build with which he can play, than i have nothing to say...

#60 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

tie 10 emu for each OA lvl you gain.
if you want more, you have to invest in perks, items that give more carry load.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users