•  
- - - - -

Change monster stats?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: New monster stats? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the new monster stats moved to the Main server?

1. Yes! (14 votes [60.87%])

Percentage of vote: 60.87%

2. I don't know (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

3. No (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

Should Experiance be adjusted to look at more stats then just A/D?

1. Yes! (15 votes [65.22%])

Percentage of vote: 65.22%

2. I don't know (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

3. No (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Currently, the test server is running with the mobs having their Attr's that were tuned to help them with QEL, but running with OL cross-attrs.

This will probably make the monsters tougher, but maybe more interesting. After you've tried it there for a while vote if you'd like to see those stats on main. Keep in mind that system does allow us to fine tune the monsters in the future without needing a full update.

#2 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I voted NO on the first option, but would still like to see a different calculation for XP besides a/d for the mobs with low a/d but high attributes

#3 Elder

Elder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

I suspect I haven't been on the test server enough but I say go for it on both items.  Isn't that what the whole excercise was about, getting it tested and onto the main server?

#4 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Making stats stronger makes no sense, then you just move backwards to a monster you trained previous
rather have different monsters and monsters with useless training stats be tweaked to fill the gaps

#5 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Pointless IMO, monster stats should be adjusted after attributes reworking.
Tested Male Orc, Ogre, Armed female orc, Armed male orc, cycs. Only ones that are way stronger(for me) are cycs, so i'd just have to move back a mob, like scarr said, for practically the same exp(if exp will increase accordingly). Idk, I just don't see any point in this, mainly because monster stats tuning should be done after, or alongside, attributes reworkal. Its should be done as a whole project, not by parts.

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

This is NOT about adjusting monsters stats, rather about we have a different set of monsters available because of QEL testing, and would you prefer those or what we have currently AFTER having tried them on the TEST server!

Anyone making a comment or voting with having done testing of what is there currently isn't being helpful.

#7 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well the topic isn't that clear to me, are you saying that you want the stats there replaced with current stats of certain monsters?
or are you saying we could use those stats but apply them to other unused monsters?

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

To keep things simple, it would be replacing all of the mobs stats with the new ones. It's either that or I need to build a new file with what we have currently so that in the future tuning will be easier then it is with the current hardcoded values in the server.

#9 arxan

arxan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Please buid a new file even if this is more work. it is always better to have a scalable system then hardcoded values. with that you can test stuff much easier and change things quick in future.

#10 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Yup. I agree with arxan. Great though it is to have new stuff to play with now, it will be better in the long term to have a scalable system. Moving away from hardcoded values not only makes tuning and future dev much easier, but could also allow for mobs characteristics to be based within a dynamic range, as opposed to a single static value (much less predictable=more interesting)

If moving the qel mobs to the main server helps Learner with the (more important) task of making the underlying code base easier to tune and more scalable, i'm very happy to vote in favour. If it gets in the way, then not*.

Otherwise, if it has no effect on coding, i'm happy to go with whatever the majority want.

*Learner - can you confirm plz ?

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

We have the ability now to switch to mob stats being defined in a file instead of hard coded on main already.

As I said before, we have the data-set of the QEL adjusted mobs in that format. Since we aren't locked in to keeping the stats the same, the intent of this was to see if that setup was interesting enough to bring over without trying to build a set with the current hard coded values or attempting any major tuning at this time.

What's been coded does already allow mob stats to be defined using the NdN+N syntax found in #roll, so in the future we can easily make them more varied.

#12 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

then its a good thing i guess, but i don't like that the monsters you changed on the test will be stronger than they are now

#13 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

As a non-fighter I wont vote, but if I have a concern it will be ignore lvls, would not like getting attacked on a map that I thought was safe so i hope that attribute will remain unchanged

#14 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

As we move forward, I expect the ignore levels will need to be tuned, but I don't plan any sudden increases by large amounts even when they do need to be changed.

#15 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

People need to check the full range of monsters, and even the top players trying the top end monsters. What is running currently since the 1st is a file controlled version of the mobs we have now and we need to make sure no major changes have slipped in by accident.

#16 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Ok, done a bit more testing today.
Stats: 70/69 a/d  27/48 p/c  8/8 r/i, rest 4

Equip used: FR cape, Titanium Long, iron helm, leather boots, augmented pants, sun medallion, steel shield, augmented torso

Armor: 6/21, Damage: 12/20, Accuracy: 5, Defense: 10

Monsters I have tested:
Female Orc-Really easy for me, cannot see any difference from the ones on main
Male orc-Same as female orcs really, cannot see any difference
Armed female orc-The difference here is subtle, but I feel like they hit more often
Armed orc-A bit stronger than the ones on main, they hit more often and inflict more damage, also harder for me to hit them
Male ogre-Subtle difference here too, they hit a little more often than they do on main
Cyclops-They seem the same as on main, I do feel like I hit them for lower amounts of dmg
Fluffy-still owns my ass

The differences are very subtle in all monsters I have tested, I don't exclude the possibility that there is no difference whatsoever, and that I'm just paranoid:>

#17 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostHades, on 03 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Ok, done a bit more testing today.
Stats: 70/69 a/d  27/48 p/c  8/8 r/i, rest 4

Equip used: FR cape, Titanium Long, iron helm, leather boots, augmented pants, sun medallion, steel shield, augmented torso

Armor: 6/21, Damage: 12/20, Accuracy: 5, Defense: 10

Monsters I have tested:
Female Orc-Really easy for me, cannot see any difference from the ones on main
Male orc-Same as female orcs really, cannot see any difference
Armed female orc-The difference here is subtle, but I feel like they hit more often
Armed orc-A bit stronger than the ones on main, they hit more often and inflict more damage, also harder for me to hit them
Male ogre-Subtle difference here too, they hit a little more often than they do on main
Cyclops-They seem the same as on main, I do feel like I hit them for lower amounts of dmg
Fluffy-still owns my ass

The differences are very subtle in all monsters I have tested, I don't exclude the possibility that there is no difference whatsoever, and that I'm just paranoid:>
Being that the crit-to-hit & crit-to-damage on both systems is already random, I'd say those results are about what is expected.

#18 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2758 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

The method of defining the monsters that was used here went live with the 1/10/2013 update, with the normal stats players are used to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users